Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

mediaphage posted:

weird way to talk about immigrants

JeremoudCorbynejad is Eric Clapton, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

well that’s why it’s kinda interesting because it’s not yet. the most notable was Paradise and some Sonoma county burning down but compared to the whole state is like 0.000001% of housing that’s been lost. so actually things are still pretty good and hasn’t really been big disasters

however, future conditions are expected to get worse due to climate change

The only people that matter (rich people) were/are in the affected counties, hence the wholesale withdrawal.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

you are phenomenally stupid

having worked at exxon for 3 years 50 loving years ago doesn't mean poo poo, hth

So you think Dick Cheney wasn't funneling business to Halliburton since he wasn't working there when he was VP? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Important question: has the fires destroyed Oak Island yet? :thunk: Want the Laginas/History Channel to loose their cash cow...

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

celadon posted:

also an increased number of people voluntarily committing to some low carbon lifestyle makes it easier to implement them on a sweeping scale,

Counterpoint: Open Biden and COVID-19.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Blockade posted:

remember when empty planes were flying around during covid because of the economy

Listen, they just had to fly since the airports were threatening to take away their gate slots if they didn't use it so they clearly they had to use it!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

breathing aids posted:

Mass death is technically a low-carbon policy.

Social murder is saving the world!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Stereotype posted:

when you press the probe buttons a little window pops up that says "this action will drive an obscure species of snail extinct, are you sure you want to do this?" and it shows you picture of the specific snail too

Do you get to eat them as escargot? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Slider posted:

its 2:30PM and people across the street are lighting off loud-rear end m80-s(or something similar). what is wrong with these people and can't you just save it for the night?? gently caress me and gently caress this stupid july 4 idiocy

'Murica.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Soggy Muffin posted:

No city or civilization has ever collapsed before, not ever in the history of time. Each civ just melds into the next one. Humanity will last for eternity I guarantee it

:amerikkka: is the Fourth Rome, OP.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Soggy Muffin posted:

Everyone focuses on Phoenix, but Vegas is often hotter and is more of a symbol of our frivolity and excess. Is it because they have decent buffets?

It's because it's a Mafia haven, OP.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Car Hater posted:

"It's named Phoenix, it's supposed to burn."

Wouldn't that mean it would also rise up again? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Rock Puncher posted:

I do like that the oil companies can't even be bothered to pretend anymore

its all lip service from here

Why should they pretend? They're rewarding to destroying the planet, so they will continue to destroy the planet for their blood money.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Car Hater posted:

Throw your hands up in the air and go wheeeeeeee like it's a roller coaster plunging down the big hill

I'm of the Wile E. Coyote school of "Never Look Down And You Can Never Fall".

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

*Mutters* Thank God.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

smoobles posted:

get me outta this page I can't be seen here

The Order will help bring the end of days, OP.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Also, by this definition every white person who lives outside Europe from Elon Musk to the grandma scraping by on Social Security is a colonizer.

This is 100% correct, FWIW.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

i do, im glad they suffer

A wise man (before he got cancelled) once said "Yes, they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in Hell!"

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

sleep with the vicious posted:

I can already see the media and the "cultural moment" of the maui fire shifting away and everyone getting ready to move on. Things don't even take a few days anymore. Did any US government officials even comment on it? Anything going to be done for these people except for AEW and mikaela shiffrin sponsoring the maui foodbank? Any national figures going to say anything?

They didn't for the entire island US territory of Puerto Rico, so no.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Zeta Taskforce posted:

You mean the one that goes 3 weeks without a post?

I think the real question is would you be happier with an ideological pure thread that was pure communist manifesto and didn't have any progressive liberals contaminating it?

Are progressive liberals progressive in the same way that the Progressive Conservative party was progressive? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Friendly reminder that liberals are the folks that bankrolled fixing GOP offices that were 'attacked' (by themselves) a few years ago, so checks out.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Admittedly seeing this does strain any remaining sense of sympathy I have, but I still don't derive pleasure from watching their house burn down. In what world does this = supporting these people?

Why wouldn't you root for Just World/Prosperity Gospel douchebags getting placed on the other end of the boot? :thunk:

quote:

FWIW, I didn't have any smug satisfaction watching unvaccinated COVID deniers die of COVID either.

So you didn't take satisfaction in human shitstain Herman Cain dying of :theroni:? :thunk: Interesting...

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Was it the NYT, The Economist or both that Karl Marx spent pages ripping again? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

err posted:

There are snorkelboats off the coast of Lahaina right now. It's pretty amazing.

Business can't be stopped

What part of NUMBER don't you get?!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"Fight Club 2" ending looking OK.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Haha whoops at least 75% of all living things are on track to be turbo dead because we worship mammon, but hey maybe a quarter or eighth or 1/10th or so is gonna be OK. Just gotta go back to preindustry, nbd

On CNN

The ending of "Dr. Strangelove", but actually happening.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

yeah biden and his agencies should just ignore court orders

Worked for Lincoln with Taney and Jackson with Marshall.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pillowpants posted:

The two Nobel prize people are physicists - one in quantum mechanics and another dude who is 93 and has called climate change a new religion.

James Watson won a Nobel Prize in Physiology/Medicine and basically barks out sentences from "The Bell Curve" every other sentence.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Harik posted:

wait are you loving serious

this is a real thing

i dismissed it as ridiculous satire when i saw it

The Dutch, like the Germans, never joke.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

BOGO LOAD posted:

living in a verhoeven satire isn't as funny as watching it

It is when you're The Joker! :getin:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wouldn't Two-Face be buying it for a dollar (coin)? :thunk:

Guess it wasn't a limit, after all. :smugbert:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

SixteenShells posted:

we have to end American climate action to prevent Republicans from ending American climate action

*Narrows eyes* "Center-left...Third Way..." :confused:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

COVID-brain - many such cases!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Baby Sharks count?! :eyepop:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Microplastics posted:

hope it sinks

Is it going to pass by Yemen...? :thunk:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

I don't know what that is.

UK public housing, although Thatcher privatized most of it in the late 70s/80s so it's really private landlords.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

*Mutters* Oh, thank God!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

It was basically just a bunch of people asking "what if externalities are a thing?"

Then everyone got mad at them because neoliberalism doesn't believe that externalities are a thing.

Tragedy Comedy of the commons.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

Someone dropped a giant ice cube into the ocean

Planet Express couldn't drill it out of Halley's Comet, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

kater posted:

does an unsellable Florida condo still contribute property tax?

Just jack up the sales tax rates - bing bong, so simple!