Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Doesn't really matter how cheap the dead cards in your hand and deck are. The actual opportunity cost are the good cards that could be in those slots.

On maindeckability: uh no? Aren't cards useful for a narrow, specific matchup the quintessential sideboard card? Negate and Disdainful Stroke are broader options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
A token that doesn't even have trample. Ban please.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Red Mage: Goldspan is fine but the only counter to it, a 5/5 token is BS!!!

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Been playing against this deck for months. It's just alternating Lolth and Blood on the Snow. I think it is lame as hell. I wish there was a different black deck in the meta but alas.

This particular one has some green cards in there. Wrenn is better than Skeleton Swarming probably.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

innkeeper make treasure, play coco turn 3, pull out mimic which turns into coco

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

I honestly thought they wouldn't touch standard now that alchemy exists, so I'm pleased at this.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Hullbreaker is insane for sure but it's not unbeatable and it's nice that blue gets a win condition other than taking all the turns or whatever Lier does.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

7 mana 5/5 no text

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

:hmmyes: Katilda pile

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Is this the same bug with Skalds that's been in forever?
For example you go face with a burn spell, triggering Skalds to put a counter on a creature. Your opponent responds by removing the creature and your burn spell disappears.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Demon Diaper

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Flash, Defender, Haste
Now that's a keyword combo right there.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

This just in from the junk rare news desk: another Patchwork Crawler has hit the format.

Although I haven't been checking abilities of non-creatures.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Idk if it's being the last set before rotation or my inexperience with 3 color cards but most of the set looks so bad. Too expensive, color wise or just the regular way.

That said, every black two drop in standard, besides Adversary, suck rear end so Tenacious Underdog would go straight into my black aggro deck.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Not sure you can make a good dimir control deck atm but the challenger deck can certainly be upgraded.

Invoke Despair
Tainted Indulgence

just glanced at prices on scrfall and these seem kinda expensive :shrug:
1x Takenuma
1x Otawara
Unlicenced Hearse for the sideboard(edit: but you have trespasser already so idk)

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

its pronounced necropotence

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

trespasser is not real, just play a 3 power creature

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

your 2 mana 3/2 blocker wont get meathooked now

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

:hmmyes: slogurk pile

Judgy Fucker posted:

Rules probably aren't out for this yet, but nevertheless: if you cast something for it's prototype cost, does the prototype cost become the card's casting cost? E.G., does Phrexian Fleshgorger become black if cast as a prototype, or does it stay colorless? Does it become MV3, or does it stay at 7? My reading is "stays seven and colorless," but am unsure.

if you flicker it, does it come in as the 7 mana version?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

People are talking about Explorer, not Standard.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Mike N Eich posted:

I hate that there are cards legal in Standard you can't get from draft boosters. I hate that there are certain cards that show up once in a while that reach the level of meta playable that you can't get while drafting.

These jumpstart cards are safely constructed unplayable so whales don't buy all the products for new players.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

fadam posted:

Diabolic Intent seems quite good in Greasefang. I was wondering if it was going to find a home anywhere outside of meme decks. I think the deck is still pretty bad right now tho, although I don't mind it against Mono G.

I play a couple in rakdos anvil to get first anvil, second anvil, mech. warfare. Completely synergistic and better than any draw spell. I don't think many people are hip to this tech for some reason.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

cant believe they put the card evaluation in the iron goblins name like that

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

I play Teaching of the Kirin, Fable, Ob Nix. You play Invoke.

I made this meme a while back just waiting to use it, but I think this might be the closest to relevancy it'll get.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Drawing cards is harder than it seems. Impulse or memory deluge doesn't do it. Are you casting the draw spell on your own turn or are you specifically looking to draw two on your opponents turn?

I'd put Faerie Vandal in a deck with Ledger Shredder and 3 mana Kaito, but I don't know if that deck is actually doing anything.

Wooper fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 26, 2023

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Jabor posted:

6-mana sweeper that can be one-sided (and flip immediately) in some situations probably plays, though you wouldn't overload on it.

Huge foundational card for bad black control decks in standard. Will see loads of play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

2 for 1 myself by countering an ETB trigger instead of the spell.