Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I bought the 40k warhammer cards

what sleeves should I get for this? I haven't played in a decade and never played commander even once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Arivia posted:

Note that you’ll need 101 sleeves not 75, but pretty much every store sells sleeves in that count now since Commander is so popular.

I see they sell in 100 not 101

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/at-10003.html

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.dragonshield.com/webshop/solid-color-sleeves/95-dragon-shield-matte-purple.html

These are the ones I want for Sleeving these cards? The ones with textured backs?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What happens when you equip a temporary creature with equipment and then it stops being a creature?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What's a nice sized container to hold your commander deck, and any tokens/dice you might bring along with it? any thread favorites?

I'll need like four, probably

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Serf posted:

When I need dice to go with a deck I use the Satin Tower. If the deck doesn't use dice I find that the Boulder works just fine for a deck + tokens.

I was just thinking tokens and maybe like a spindown dice, not too many accessories.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Jiro posted:

Hold a deck and tokens? Probably the Satin Towers by Ultra Pro. I have a Watchtower XL, great deckbox that can comfortably hold double sleeved EDH deck tokens (unsleeved), the center tray holds all my dice I may need to use for counters, or spin down. Satin tower if you want to do each deck separately with their tokens and dice, a pair of Watchtower XLs if you want to have them two at a time.

I figured I'd get individual ones since these are for the 4 commander decks I bought (warham) but I suppose I could see bringing two at once

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

put down money for the 4 Fallout commander packs

commander night gonna be boppin

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I mentioned in the commander thread, the survivor deck has some hilarious synergy with the paradox Doctor Who deck, since the junk counters just straight-up have Yasmin Khan's effect.

I gotta check that out but i only bought the 13th dr box i kind of lost steam on buying these limited boxes after wh40k and lotr but fallout sucked me back in

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

boone gently caress yes

I'm stupid, does this only generate 2 quest counters every attack? so you could generate 4 quest counters a turn if you had something that allowed you to have two attack phases?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ultima66 posted:

It's kind of funny they went with this alternate wincon:

Because it's so insanely low chance to actually hit the win, the only practical way people will every get it to work is by assembling an infinite combo. And because WotC decided to make this an alternate wincon, a LOT more people would try to assemble the infinite combo than otherwise if it just made a ton of treasure tokens or gave some other big advantage.

Except that due to it being tied to rolling a lot of dice with random outcomes, it leads to a 4 horsemen scenario where you can't just say "I have this infinite loop, I'll do it until I win." You actually have to manually play out every single activation. If you set up an infinite loop with 7 bobbleheads, the chance is 1/280,000 each time you roll the dice to win. I saw that mathematically you have the highest chance at 41 dice, not sure on the exact percent chance to win at 41 but no matter how you do it, winning with this card is going to be tedious as all gently caress and not able to be shortcutted.

I think the main purpose is to just make a gently caress ton of treasure tokens op

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

is there a good tool for scanning your card collection?

Maybe something that can help estimate which card is worth what?

Honestly considering selling my cards I'm not using that are worth a lot, I have the decks I want right now, and I figure I can buy the cards I need for the deck I want later.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I used the tcg player one and it frustratingly keeps scanning things incorrectly

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I use Delver Lens, and it will show you prices for your stuff once scanned in. Pretty good overall, I try to set the cards on a white sheet of paper to help the scanner get em faster.

I used this and it was easy. you have to manually mark foils tho

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I had an Outlaws of Thunder Junction draft at my local store and here's what I came up with and went 2-1

White/Green
8 Forests
8 Plains
1 Lonely Arroyo
1 Festering Gulch

Green
Giant Beaver
Spinewoods Paladin
Map the Frontier
2 Snakeskin Veil
Aloe Alchemist
Drover Grizzly
Ankle Biter
Throw from the Saddle
Voracious Varmint
Dance of the Tumbleweeds

White
2 Vengeful Townsfolk
Sterling Keykeeper
Thunder Lasso
Sheriff of Safe Passage
Rustler Rampage
Take Up the Shield
Prairie Dog
Journey to Nowhere
Omenport Vigilante
Outlaw Medic

Colorless
Luxurious Locomotive
Oasis Gardener

Gold
Wylie Duke, Atiin Hero
Miriam, Herd Whisperer
Seraphic Steed

what do you think?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

what should I have cut? that was 45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

freeman posted:

I'd probably cut 1 of the lands, Map the Frontier, Rustler Rampage, Outlaw Medic, and Oasis Gardener. Curve is low and only 2 colors so you don't need 18 lands, ramp, or fixing. Rustler Rampage seems pretty limited in usefulness and you don't have any ways to get value out of Outlaw Medic. Not sure if Omenport is enough reason to run the 2nd desert for an extra trigger but it probably doesn't hurt.

Rustler Rampage is how I did 14 damage with Seraphic Steed during one of the matches, lol

I actually had problems with mana during every single match, either oops all forests or oops all plains

i usually play commander but these matches are often over before you've had time to cook with anything fun

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 27, 2024