Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Y'all have been hugely spoiled if you think fuckin Chariot is worthy of a ban, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Toshimo posted:

This ain't the thread for that, but I encourage you to PM me your treatise "In the Defense of Selling Bootleg DVDs".

I would download a dozen copies of your car with zero remorse.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The best bad dead tcg is .hack//ENEMY

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Time Warp was never a problem, so clearly the problem with this card isn't that it's a more expensive time warp, it's that it does other things too.

Stop blaming basic-rear end mechanics that have been around for the entire life of this game for problems caused by other poo poo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Having your turn skipped isn’t fun

Neither is losing.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

^^^^^ I don't see anything objectionable about that at all. He sells sealed product at prices people are willing to pay, cheaper than retail. It's the pump and dumping insinuating you're getting in on the ground floor of some also-ran game that gets me.

Yeah sorry I should have gone in to it but I'm so incensed.

So, he was an early partner with the manufacturer of flesh and blood. So my understanding is he partnered with them to get a vanity card referring to himself made as a thank you? Non tournament legal. Then he got 1500 copies, put them in a secret lair style box, and offered them for fomo sale for $1k each, for 24 hours, promising to keep 10 for his family and destroy the rest publicly. He framed it as a public experiment to see whether people would reject it, making it rarer, and thus more valuable.

But at the end of the day he sold like 1300 of them for 1.3 million, and they are totally pointless pieces the equivalent of art cards. It's astounding really.

1300 people being complete fuckin marks is just a symptom of dumb fomo bullshit. Taking advantage of it is unethical yeah but no more so than what Wizards does on the daily.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Yeah that's pretty true, sadly. I know he has a few patrons on here so I invite any of you to defend your purchase, if you did get one. Please.

I'd say nobody here is dumb enough to buy obviously useless nonsense for 1000 dollars but Star Citizen proves that completely wrong.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

fadam posted:

Is a bad version of Tymna in Grixis still good? I guess we'll see.

These look like poo poo and I suspect the UBRG partners friends forever are going to be CEDH playable, but the good news is that if they ever get Drake to play on that YouTube show that Post Malone was on there's at least one commander he'll be interested in.

Oh boy mechanically unique secret lair cards again

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I find it extremely funny that even with all the updates, it still says that red redirects damage to planeswalkers.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

little munchkin posted:

the distinction still exists even if it's not made explicit. there's a lot of life loss and damage effects in other colors that aren't able to interact with planeswalkers

Yes but they changed damage spells to target planeswalkers instead of targeting a player and redirecting to their planeswalker like half a decade ago.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Does Humans not play vial anymore?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Do you pay the 1? should not be a question asked regularly in competitive Magic

Yes it absolutely should.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Use play test cards for every card in your deck so that you can keep your real cards in a stack of sealed cases near you and never risk damaging them.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Part of me is reasonably sure that we're gonna see at least one Blood generator get broken in modern as part of a Dredge deck.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I really dig the flavor here.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This is gonna be a house in cube.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Does this have legs in the Asmo Hollow One deck in modern? It's certainly no wheel but I feel like you can do fun things with it and cycling.

E: :piss: That counterspell :popeye:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

drat that counterspell is actually fake.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm a huge fan of Cleave if only because it enabled this joke.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

I cant tell if this is a joke or not lol

The joke is deliberately, ridiculously misinterpreting obvious straight relationships the way that people do to gay ones.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Regular forums user Yawgmoth has passed away. Found out via a post in the Minneapolis thread after he missed D&D one night. I know he was a regular poster in this thread so I figured anyone who knew him has a right to know.

Ah, drat. That really sucks. :(

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TotalHell posted:

Really appreciate the art for Catlike Curiosity using the ghostly strands to make it look like a cat nose and whiskers on that person’s face.

The art director for this set really knocked it out of the park, as did the artists.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A onedrop wolf might make the wolves deck playable in standard now?

It's a drat shame it isn't a werewolf though, a turn 1 daybound creature is deeply needed.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Never in my life did I think that Recross the Paths would become a 4-of in any deck, never mind one that's getting top 8 in Modern events.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Werebear, my old friend. :unsmith:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Quite possibly the worst rare in the set.

flatluigi posted:

from the weekly mtg stream

:holymoley:

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 4, 2021

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Swarmyard is one of the best cards in the deck imho

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

where the gently caress is my giant rat who makes all of the rules wotc, and I don't mean some piece of poo poo with "Rat" in its ruels text from kamigawa, the rodent that gets the good GB commander should be RATS

Rats are monoblack. Squirrels are almost entirely green, with a small black splash for variety.

If anything rats should dip into red.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

The newest Yorion piles builds are partouclarly funny, because its like an $1,800 dollar deck.

This small pile of cardboard is worth more than a cheap used car!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Great news!

I can never get over how incredible the flavor of this card is.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

whydirt posted:

lmao is one of the Arcane characters really named Jayce?

Jayce has been a LoL character since 2012.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

No lie though, Arcane is pretty good and has some of the best 3d animation that's ever gone into something this big imo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

PleasantDirge posted:

I've got a misprint (registration error) 3rd edition earthbind that I'm thinking of trading to the local misprint guy at my shop but I have no idea how to value the card other than I know perverts love it. Anybody know where I can get a dollar value for something like this? Is there a going rate for a deviance tax? I'm also trying to dump the rest of my misfits and errors, if anyone is interested I can put them up on SA mart

There's a Facebook group for misprints that's pretty popular, at the very least you can get a good idea of what people value those at.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

neaden posted:

How competitive is the commander deck?

It's among the worst precons ever made as-is, but I feel like it's easier to upgrade to something good than many of them are, and it comes with some solid reprints and staples.

That said, lmao at that price tag.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

You're completely wrong about this. Gavin Verhey posts constantly on Twitter responding to people like Professor talking about how hard he is working internally to try to reprint cards for Commander players, how much he brings up cards that need reprints, etc.

I'd believe this was anything more than hot air if he actually had something to show for it over the past 5+ years.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The best standard was RAV/TSP and nothing else has come close since. It had more deck archetypes than you could shake a stick at and all of them were fun and good. Project X, Dragonstorm, Angelfire, Proc Martyr, Scryb Force, Gruul aggro, Boros aggro, Mesa control, Pickles, Dralnu du Louvre, Teachings, there was even a decent Battle of Wits deck.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Dec 5, 2021

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

sit on my Facebook posted:

It's only easy to hit delirium conditions because Mishra's Bauble is still inexplicably allowed

They should ban it and then reprint Urza's Bauble in the next Horizons set. :getin:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Alchemy fuckin blows, stop ruining historic you bastards :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Historic already having digital format treatment was a huge mistake. This is doubling down on that mistake and makes it a bigger deal not lesser, imo.

It's this.