Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Yes, I believe that is the implication of the flavor text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Don't they?

No, they check the condition at the end of your turn.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

To me, the word "auto" strongly implies that something is different from the norm.

I would not describe solving cases as "auto" because there's only one way to do it.

Hence the confusion.

Edit:

generatrix posted:

Other people are using “auto-solved” to mean “solved even if you didn’t meet the condition”.

Yes, this exactly.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

I think they finally figured out how to make the anime arts good

Some of the Ravnica Remastered ones were good.

Just not the ones featuring human faces.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Khanstant posted:

What are you talking about about, Ixalan alt treatments owned. They should do more of those, they look really great together too, rad color palettes. Almost want to make a dino commander deck just to have an excuse to have em, I assumed one artist did em but I haven't checked. Would be cool if Arena had easy links to artists if you're digging the art.

I assume he means this one, and not either of the LCI ones.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

why red? just to push her out of the 99 into the commander slot?

The color of created tokens isn't part of a card's color identity.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Do we have the rules text on Saddle yet?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

is there a good tool for scanning your card collection?

Maybe something that can help estimate which card is worth what?

Honestly considering selling my cards I'm not using that are worth a lot, I have the decks I want right now, and I figure I can buy the cards I need for the deck I want later.

Dragon Shield's app seems alright
https://www.dragonshield.com/card-manager
It scans cards, can keep track of your collection, and you can pick which marketplace it should pull prices from.

It does sometimes read a card as a different printing than it actually is, and you have to fix it.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

ram dass in hell posted:

I'm cackling out loud irl because I noticed this says enters the battlefield instead of enters

They're doing "enters" starting with Bloomburrow, the next set after this one.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I might be inclined to agree that it's silly that Modern Horizons 3 is getting commander decks, but not modern decks.

But now that they are doing it, it isn't hard to figure out. Because it's the exact same as every other set: There are commander decks, they have new cards that are for Commander and not for the format(s) of the main set.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

freeman posted:

Why couldn't they just name it something else?

Going to be annoying for LGSs that inevitably will have to deal with more casual modern players buying "modern" cards that they can't play in their modern decks.

Just got back into magic recently after a 4-5 year break so maybe people are used to it but it's just unnecessarily unclear.

To me that sounds very similar to if someone wants to play with a card and doesn't realize it's banned. Which I would assume happens sometimes, but probably isn't a huge issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I usually buy comics digitally, but I guess I might buy the physical version just for the promo card.