Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

my prerelease kit had foil moonveil regent and the big demon; two mythics nice; shop got us set boosters as a bonus, opened a black commander rare in it
most people at the event ran Rx piles, turning creatures sideways works, who knew
tracking day/night in paper was easier than I thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

gently caress nfts, bully every crypto shill into dust when you see them.

Goldspan is a messed up card

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

My wet gruul deck is clearly subpar to turns and mono g but I feel quite comfortable doing ladder

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Arivia posted:

aren't the mirrodin artifact lands banned in like every format, why print something most people can't play

They are only banned in modern

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Babs Command 3BG
Sorcery

Choose two

Kill everyone now - destroy all creaures
Condone first degree murder - exile target creature
Advocate cannibalism - gain 1 life for each creature that left battlefield this turn
Eat poo poo - return up to 2 target permanents from your graveyard to your hand

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

LennyBriscoCountyJr posted:

Are there any cards besides Ragemonger and Edgewalker that reduce colored mana cost? I know there's stuff like Rooftop Storm that gives spells an alternate cost. I was wondering about actual colored mana reduction.

Bard Class, Morophon

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Why did no one post this when it came out? epic marketing spend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJlfmLjPgxk

Pushups while playing is how you should jam your deck while grinding mythic

EVERY EVENING I COME FROM WORK AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN APP ICON. ITS MAGIC THE GATHERING(TM): ARENA AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, WRENN AND SEVEN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN A 10/10 TREE ON THE FIELD OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE MULTIVERSES MOST DANGEROUS PLANE I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Great card, better art

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Does not make birds so at least pretty safe one

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Finally seems like a card that warrants Cleave to be a different mechanic to Kicker

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

A good effect in this set that is not once per turn? Hell yeah get in

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Seems like Limited Resources are still shilling for crypto garbage, what are good Limited podcasts to check out?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

where the gently caress is my giant rat who makes all of the rules wotc, and I don't mean some piece of poo poo with "Rat" in its ruels text from kamigawa, the rodent that gets the good GB commander should be RATS

motherfucker you didnt just say poo poo about Ink-eyes and marrow gnawer

just wait until nezumi blokchain, cyberrodent wrecks the neo kamigawa set

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

kalvanoo posted:

why is everyone spelling monkey "monke"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdrlALQVEKM

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

red dragon seems bad compared to Moonveil regent, Goldspan and that vampire one but the treasure thing will probably be used for some combo

kalel posted:

somebody should let the rest of the multiverse know that Electronics have been discovered

Tezzeret tried to sell Bolas on smartphones and vapes but was called a dumbass and sent to judge a science fair on Kaladesh

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Is monke not that dominant in Modern or what?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

GonSmithe posted:

Wow. SCG no longer doing strategy/tournament articles or content, firing all their strategy writers/creators. All articles will be free without requiring premium for whatever they do publish now.

https://articles.starcitygames.com/news/scg-announces-forthcoming-content-changes/

Calling out Cedric in the article seems weird

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Fucker posted:

if theres anything imperial customs strictly forbid, its knowing important names--especially kaitos friend, the future empress

He doesnt look a thing like Jesus

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

What if i play Ashaya soul of the wild

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Path to Lexus is a great card

need Utena alter

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

<Runs breathlessly into thread>

My dood have you heard of the Emergents TCG?!?

It's got hall of famers BDM, PVDDR, and Zvi Mowshovits behind it!

Hahaha what stupid fuckers

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

Twitch mods do it for the love of the game, it's not a job.

Must be horrible to have zero self respect and self worth to dive into twitch cesspool for free

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

There has to be a breaking point where "just playable digital Magic" is not enough to cover for absolutely terrible economy but it doesn't look like we are at it yet

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Today's magic story

"Elspeth returns to the

city she lives in
the city of Angels"

Hoping tomorrrow she gets to kick rear end and draws some blood under a bridge downtown

Give Elspeth a tommy gun

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

fadam posted:

Seems substantially worse than the other two. Non-Blue/Black colour identities stay losing.

lol that italian family is red white and green :italy:

it being bad is an anti-italian discrimination though

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

More fucky cost soul shatter with two more good modes seems good

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

aww old Alesha

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Arivia posted:

Welp

someone linked me to the twitter of the person who did most of the worldbuilding/art direction for the Baldur's Gate set and uh, their choices sure were something: https://twitter.com/justicejameson (linking the twitter in general, there's tons of comments on bunches of previews going back days)

so, basically, if you're wondering why everyone looks like tokenistic diversity central casting combined with tumblr queer shipping that's the directions they gave all the artists! yaaaaaaaaaaaaay isn't WotC the wokest?

i guess a quick list of highlights would be:
-bane, the evil god of tyranny, is apparently historically anti-Black
-they specifically pulled a card from the set for a character from the baldur's gate video games, because he was a dwarf mercenary who only cared about getting paid and that's anti-Semitic
-"In the original Baldur's Gate, Dynaheir is a demanding Rashemaar invoker who the player meets with Minsc, but her depiction as the only Black woman companion relied on tribalist and sexualizing stereotypes." i don't even know how they got this reading from a character who's from a strong matriarchal kingdom and is part of a matched pair with no sexual elements
-Baldur's Gate II's rules not allowing a halfling (Mazzy Fentan) to be a paladin was discrimination

like even as a person who agrees with some of this stuff, this feels incredibly diversity bingo and just gross

Source your quotes

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Arivia posted:

they're from the twitter i linked, of course. i wouldn't be making this poo poo up. it's just like so many right-wing lunatics have accused media of being for years, it's right in the ballpark of "too unbelievable to be a joke so of course it's real"

You should seek help and touch grass

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

God drat is rhystic studies good at what he does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdB0ZSZjk-k&hd=1

Moralistic grandstanding about gangsters is funny, otherwise good video as always.

Shame that the plane mostly ended up as Ravnica with minor art deco aesthetics.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Ixalan, Amonkhet and Kaladesh really benefitted from 2-set blocks with first set showing the world and the second being heavy on story development; all three of those planes got fairly positive response I think.

Out of the recent ones I think Ikoria and Eldraine got decent introduction yet were severely hurt in the storytelling-through-cards (Ikoria ones even contradict the official story), Strixhaven and New Capenna are just pure duds with a few strong visual motifs.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Toph Bei Fong posted:

A few months back we were talking about a Western Homelands update, ala Kamigawa

Well, there might be a Wild West themed secret lair coming up soon.. Unconfirmed leak, of course, but neat alternate frames in any case

Wild west plane is my favorite dumb gag from magicthecirclejerking

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I guess the special versions of Gala Greeters they made for those languages are the last hurrah

SNC wasnt even released in Russia due to war so those Gala Greeters are non-existent or super rare

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Punishing people for their government's actions is bad imo

Every foreign company working in Russia bears extreme reputation risk for funding the war with taxes and business risks regarding getting their income out due to some major banks cut from SWIFT.

also I have bad news about political views of the majority of Russian magic community

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Companies in America fund endless wars via taxes

Agreed, WOTC should leave north american market :jerkbag:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

TipTow posted:

Instead of using the wankoff emote, how about you address the point? If it's wrong to sell Magic cards in one warmongering nation, why is it okay in another?

I personally think that private businesses cutting off their ties (and thus hurting their profits) from a country engaging in an insane war of conquest (and possibly genocide) and making it minorly inconvenient (we are talking about buying magic cards ffs) for a segment of its population to carry on like nothing is happening, is pretty good.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juMtanMffR8

the opening clip is just Seth's final form, glorious

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Pseudoscorpion posted:

if you're prah-bah-bly better known as something, you should just introduce yourself as that, jeez.

Also Seth is impossible to watch because his content is just him narrating what's happening on the screen. Absolutely do not understand the appeal.

I usually watch his videos in background so play by play helps following it; I think most streamers do it to some extent because otherwise it is either silence or thinking about lines of play out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Abhorrence posted:

I have not kept up with Modern for some time; how does adding the phyrexian card type gently caress infect up? I can see how solitude screws infect, especially since they don't have Gix Probe any more to see if the coast is clear.

Plague engineer