Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'm going to go to SGC and get covid on purpose

The guy at the SCG event praying near exposed buttcracks except it's near unmasked people coughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I canceled my Double Feature preorder because the marketing about "the special cards look like classic horror movie posters!" made me think it would be something other than silver-foiled grayscale.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Owlbear Camus posted:

I even named this little mutant after him.

Owlbear Camus posted:

He and the missus wish you a belated merry.

My goodness. :kimchi:

My favorite dumb card from Ye Olden Times is probably Craw Wurm.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Are there known printing issues with packs of jump start? I traded for some green cards and they look kind of like a sickly mint.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Donato Giancola art! :neckbeard:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah if they'd gone for the monster movie poster style like that secret lair, even one per pack, I would have even remotely considered it. but they're not even trying.

I preordered a box in December thinking it was going to be like the fabulous Dracula and Frankenstein 1930s posters and I ended up changing my preorder to Kamigawa when I found out it was, well, what it was.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I take it WOTC and Hasbro don't give enough of a drat to fire him (Seb) over this? I'm guessing not, judging by the responses in this thread.

Edit for clarity.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I wish I could find a local artist who knows how to draw something other than anime on cards.

Hell, I'm willing to mail cards to art goons at this point.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I pledged a box because, hooray for the professor or whatever, but if his stretch goals have an early bird entry and KS shits the bed as hard as it did during the race for the signed boxes, I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Maybe somebody else will do a crowdfunding project for a gaming bag? I already have containers I like for my decks and accessories. I'm still looking for the right bag to put them all in so I can pack it for LGS games and the like.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I witnessed a newbie pull a foil Ob Nixilis from their prerelease pack tonight. :pusheen:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

This game in front of me may only end in bloodshed.

If Raiyuu attacks alone, his ability triggers, he untaps and does no damage, second combat phase, he attacks alone again, untaps and does no damage. Is this correct?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Devor posted:

Untapping does not remove him from combat. That rule is maaaaany years out of date

So he untaps, still deals damage, and can swing again during the second combat step?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't think even a single one of my set boxes would have made their money back, despite pulling the definitely-not-holding-a-cigar ob nixilis showcase version from one.

Jelly. I opened the regular one but I really wanted Suit Nix.

I collect cards and I'm currently trying to get one of every common and uncommon printing. To me, it makes sense to crack a box. It also helps keep the LGS I like in business. And cracking packs gives my dopamine starved brain a hit of euphoria and has served to be an effective bribe to get myself to do a chore or errand or something I don't particularly want to do.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Framboise posted:

I just wish I had a better idea of what to do with bulk commons and uncommons that don't really have a home outside of limited. Feels stupid to just throw it away, but I don't really need it on my shelf either.

Send them to magikids.org? Depending on the sets, I might be interested for my own collection.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

That's gonna be so pretty when it's done. Can you show off the drawers too when you get to them?

If vintage card catalogs didn't cost thousands of dollars and weigh a ton, I'd get one for my cards.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Wotc, please notify me when you ban Ragavan so I can wait a week later and buy a reasonably priced one for my pirates EDH deck.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I typed up an exegesis and deleted it. Suffice to say, Pete and SCG are about making the most money possible, and engagement and player experience are a very distant second, and he is about as much of a chud as you think he is.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Isn't he one of the motherfuckers responsible for the Antiquities buyout?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Subscribe to RoboRosewater and make your own procedurally generated Magic cards.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is my snake friend Aesi, he draws me cards

Say hi to Aesi, everyone

Hi Aesi! This is my friend Gitrog:

I bought them from a goon. They draw me cards, they taught me how to use my graveyard as a second hand that everyone can see.

If you play a Relic i will fite u.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Genuinely I wish Wizards would stop trying to cater to Commander players at all because they are by far the most bitchmade contingent of an already bitchmade playerbase

I am a basic bitch among basic bitches and I had more fun with EDH in 2010 when Wizards wasn't printing specifically for it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Mtgfinance gives me heartburn. Donato Giancola art does not.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

So, you can fail to find two or even three cards, your opponent must choose your graveyard for the one or two that you do get, plus you need a way to get them out of your graveyard before an opponent takes your graveyard away. What am I missing here?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I mean why cast Birthing Pod when you can become Birthing Pod?

Seriously though, JFC.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Out of town for professional development workshops and I decide to visit the local game stores. One had about ten middling 2X2 cards in the counter case and the other didn't have 2X2 singles for sale at all. For the previous sets, there were at least a dozen good cards under glass on release day, both store pulls and trade-ins. This is my first premium set release since coming back to play regularly (unless you count Double Feature but lol), is this usually a thing that happens?

EDIT: I should point out that neither store opened a ton of product, despite each having 3+ draft boxes in view. At what point does it become more profitable to hold on to a high-end box than crack it? It's only a week out from release.

I brought my Drake fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jul 15, 2022

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

So problematic MTG artists include Terese Nielsen (chud), Seb MacKinnon (chud), Noah Bradley (sexual harasser), Jason Felix (plagiarist), and Harold McNeill (literal Nazi). Any others?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Talking about the precons at the LGS last night, 5-color Jodah feels very much like the cheap utility pieces of a 5-color deck with the assumption you're going to buy the spicy pieces aftermarket.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Is Transguild Courier a multicolored spell? I say no, because it doesn't require multiple colors to cast it and it's a multicolored permanent according to the card text but says nothing about the spell while being cast, but I'm getting into a dumb online argument with someone who insists that it is.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

TacoNight posted:

The rulings listed on Scryfall confirm that it is multicolored everywhere:
https://scryfall.com/card/dmc/194/transguild-courier

Oh God dammit I hate being wrong on the internet.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I wasn't back into magic yet when they did their prior kickstarter and missed out on some of the designs I would've liked to have the most, unfortunately, but it's good to see they're going to be doing more.

The OMA store https://www.originalmagicart.store has play mats with the art from the first Kickstarter but obviously not the serged edge and signed ones. They also offer some classical art on playmats and mat bags.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Has anyone gotten a shipping confirmation for the June secret lair yet? https://secretlair.wizards.com/us/junesuperdrop2022

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I can't remember who was originally asking, but players at my store (myself included) are making un-commander decks with various unset cards including Unfinity. We're the weirdoes who have pauper decks, cheepnis decks, and other flavorful jank. It's all about what your group is okay with.

In other news, Magic finally gets a hundred postcard set. Two of my paper collecting hobbies are finally coming together. https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Gathering-Postcard-Masterworks-Postcards/dp/0593577728

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Arivia posted:

What's a "cheepnis deck?" Trying to google that is almost an old-school googlebomb.

Take a commander well known for shenanigans and build a cheap knockoff. I think everyone has a different name for it: budget, dollar store, whatever, but I call it cheepnis. Frank Zappa wrote a song about it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I collect. My eventual goal is to get one of every printing. I am very lucky that my LGS lets me do trade-ins of non-Magic stuff for store credit to buy Magic stuff. I've paid for everything past New Capenna by flipping RPGs, comics, Pokemon, YuGiOh, etc. I found at yard sales and thrift shops. I would be incredibly poor if I had to pay for the past six months of product out of pocket.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Joke's on this thread, I'm getting proxies made of my D&D group's characters as well as other spells based on our game art and when they're done I'm going to show them off in this thread like they're photos of my grandkids.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/drewmc2u/status/1586106846661644288?t=kTEU2Ld0hxL8ot79GGsShw&s=19

I love dropping over a grand on an event and getting pre-damaged items in my goodie bag.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

eBay officially acquired TCGplayer. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ebay-acquires-tcgplayer-301663370.html

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Koirhor posted:

Rudy is a useful idiot and I thought it was funny that real duals are tanking at the moment.

The only part of this that I care about is that I might be able to pick up a LP Revised Badlands at a reasonable price as an Xmas present for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Whatever bulk I don't keep for my personal collection, I give to new players at the store or donate to https://magikids.org. I've been putting together pauper commander decks to give to people who see us playing at the store and want to join in but don't have a deck.

EDIT: also, if anybody has any non-English bulk that they are looking to rehome someplace other than a recycling bin, I would be happy to take it off your hands for the cost of shipping.

I brought my Drake fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 9, 2022