Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Okay, so we've seen the Andy Samberg card, but has anyone brought up Bradley Cooper yet? If it was in the last thread and I missed it, I apologize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Who doesn't wear underwear?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Speaking of other card games tangentially related to Magic, the card game Sam Black did some work for (is working for? idk) was announced. It's a DC comics digital card game.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dc-dual-force-is-a-new-digital-card-game-that-lets-you-play-your-favorite-comics/1100-6496945/ (autoplaying video)

I didn't see anything there about crypto nonsense or NFTs, so that's a positive at least? Sam was giving a few details on his stream. Says it's similar to EDH, but with two "Leaders" on each side that start in play and that they have life totals, but you do not. He can't say too much obviously.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

fadam posted:

normal brained people

jaded online posters

Ah, the two genders.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

evilweasel posted:

removing something that has never been removable before
I can't believe they're firing Maro.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Crack to scry seems a bit too simple, but I could see it.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I couldn't unsee this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Not for long, I bet!

And not on Arena anyway.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

odiv posted:

I couldn't unsee this.

Wow, WotC social media ripped off my rip off!

https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1456677346132598788

Does Leonard J. Crabs work on consignment?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

Limited Level-ups (this week's episode has Voxy and Amazonian guest hosting and it's completely unhinged so don't take it as a routine example of how the show normally is)
Unhinged in a good way? Because that sounds like it could be fun.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

And also painful to pass them in draft.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Also I just generally hate limited.
Mods!?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I haven't been keeping notes on who is posting what, but is it at all possible there are different posters here with different opinions?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

GonSmithe posted:

I didn't say anywhere in my post I was talking about posters in this thread.
Hey, fair. I apologize.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

flatluigi posted:

personally i believe that when they say that they're going to keep standard, draft, and sealed on arena and exactly the same as the paper versions + that they're continuing to work on pioneer they're actually doing so
Doesn't standard on Arena already have some differences vs. in paper, though? Weren't there some cards that were only legal on Arena or do I have that confused with something else?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

flatluigi posted:

everything they've ever done has tried to make the draft/sealed environments identical to how they are in paper, and everything they said on stream underlined the importance of keeping the paper formats identical to how they are in paper.
Leagues, quick drafts, foils. There's a few areas where they're not identical. Probably others I'm forgetting about.

Not that they'll necessarily run drafts with Alchemy cards, just they're definitely not "exactly identical".

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

You can't fail to find with Seek, right? It just happens?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

A Moose posted:

Yeah, since it only happens on Arena, it happens automatically
Thanks. I was just imagining a scenario where you have six lands out when you cast Settle the Wilds and a Vorinclex or something in your library, but can't seek it and it made me sad. :(

odiv fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 8, 2021

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I had a lot of trouble trying to convince people to draft my cube, even when people were tired of the current set. "We draft and then don't even get to keep the cards!? Why would I do that?"

It was disappointing.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

They preferred to buy leftover prerelease packs from previous sets and doing sealed instead. :(

I was willing to let randos handle my Liliana of the Veil and Force of Will. At least meet me half way?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

:can:

edit: "We" just complained about Alchemy affecting Historic for a bunch of pages.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

A Moose posted:

They really should rebrand Arena as a spinoff and call it something like "magic jr" and stop trying to make it replicate the physical game, which is what they're doing I think.
They're very explicitly not doing this. Unless I fell for something and should have said "Source your quotes" instead.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

mandatory lesbian posted:

Other players exile creatures with greater power then your chosen creature. And also creatures with equal or lesser that werent chosen by them. Which is honestly just bad design, i think they should have gone with the simpler effect
No, they don't exile them. The card does.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Well I hope you have a better day from now on!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Sometimes I just wanna criticize some sexist decision WotC made. And why should someone who just started playing Arena a few months ago have to wade through that?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Just don't invite any rebels, because the next thing you know they all fuckin' show up.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

big cummers ONLY posted:

I have no idea how I keep doing this. My mind must be going. Sorry y'all
I read fadam's "The writing was on the wall for a while now and I thought I’d be at least a little sad..." and thought I was in that thread as well. :D

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Zalmun posted:

Has anyone here had experience with insuring a MTG collection? I'm looking to insure my collection and finding agents that have no clue what to do with a MTG collection, and giving ridiculous terms for doing so (at least in Canada).

Any advice people can give on this?
Take pictures, include valuation on your home or renter's insurance?

When I had a flood a box of my cards got wet and I mentioned it offhand when summing up the damage. The agent brought it up later in a phone call and it was just commons so I said it had no value, but as long as it's accounted for and you're properly insured, it should be the same as any other valuable, right?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Perpetual effects get wiped off of commanders in brawl? wtf is the point of perpetual then?

Cowards, all of you!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

flatluigi posted:

it's optional
That seems like the worst of both worlds. Just make perpetual clear on exile/command zone then imo.

Clone also doesn't copy perpetual, which is another unintuitive interaction. "Treat this as permanently changing a card. No, not like that."

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The reserve list is like the CostCo hotdog thing at this point.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

You also don't need four of a bunch of different rates and mythics that are going to rotate out in a year either. You can start by putting your best cards of x colours in the deck and even at first you probably won't come in dead last every single game because you can make a decent case for not being a big threat to anyone.

reignonyourparade posted:

60 card constructed "cards i own" is better at that than commander.
Who plays that though? If you show up at an lgs, people aren't going to have decks sleeved up.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

reignonyourparade posted:

It's the most popular format by far actually, basically every time people from WotC talk about their internal data that hasn't changed. Just... mostly played by people who don't go to LGSes.
Mark me down as skeptical that those decks are 60 cards.

And yeah, not likely to find people bringing them to a shop to play with any time soon.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Why on earth would that not be allowed? There are a bunch of twitch channels out there just replaying old content.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Oh whoops, I didn't look closely enough at the screenshot and thought he was just replaying his own YouTube videos. That makes more sense.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Sickening posted:

Chip shuffling in poker is the same phenomenon and yet people there aren't as defensive about it.
I've never seen anyone accuse chip shufflers as just imitating pros. It's so common that it's just something people do to pass the time. Someone trying to soul read you for 30 seconds in a 1/2 game while in full hoodie and sunglasses outfit on the other hand...

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

DangerDongs posted:

They have to be so the very enfranchised players don't just preorder the stores worth.
Then make more? I guess there's a balance and all, but "Oh no we're selling all our product!"

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

You read it again.

joke, right? I hope it was a joke.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Not in time, I don't think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Someone answers in the replies, but countering the trigger makes the game "create" the trigger again because Depths still has 0 counters on it, this time putting the trigger on the stack above Trophy, so it resolves first.