Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
that's an awfully large gremlin you've got there

where's here? there was a 343/auto in the junkyard near me not too long ago, and they do pop up from time to time. also i have an amc20 i would consider parting with.

supposedly the 8.8 in late rangers is about the right width already, though a narrowed explorer axle (two short shafts) would be a lot easier to find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Swiller of Beer posted:

Here is just south of Cincinnati, Ohio. If you're somewhat close and have parts I'm always looking. I'd much rather have an AMC drivetrain so I could just bolt everything in but parts are scarce around here.

California, so not particularly. But I'll post in this thread next time I see one hit the yards, just in case!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
jesus christ why is it so rusty underneath, thats insane

that gas cap rules

i kinda like the volcano style center caps from whatever years that did that, but the fullsize hubcap looks pretty cool. you gonna keep it original?

you coulda taken out the back seat and popped the trunk from the inside to avoid having to wreck stuff with a drill, if you wanted. i had to do that once and it wasnt too bad, though i dont know the details of that car's trunk latch

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
you want the free-flows anyway. do you have a matching one for the passenger side?

did they really have one side freeflow one side log on the hornet? weird.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
nice work. i was going to ask where you got the heater core because ive had a hell of a time finding one for my javelin, but it looks like the answer is that you didn't find one either

Swiller of Beer posted:

I also acquired this, it's a reproduction but I'm a sucker for stuff like this.

this fucks

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Swiller of Beer posted:

Nope. But this core is close enough and you can make up the difference with some foam. Plus it cost $26. It may work for your car as well. Rockauto does have the core for the later model Javelins in stock at the moment if you need the style that has the bracket on it for $85.

oh nice, last time i looked nobody had those in stock either

yeah the only difference between early (mine) and late is that bracket, which some have had luck with removing. i figure ill try that

boy, it sure would be nice to have working heat

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Swiller of Beer posted:

Just for kicks I made a short walk around video if anyone's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxQptimT3nQ

hell yeah, im interested in any amc content

this continues to be a sweet car, and i like how you're slowly correcting for the decades of neglect instead of just slamming something together.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
hell yeah more amc content. how much work was the T5 swap? i didn't know you could use the ford transmission. on the T10, the bolt pattern is different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Swiller of Beer posted:

The biggest issue at the moment is finding a fuel pump that is not poo poo. I installed a brand new Carter only to have it start leaking fuel from the weep hole immediately. After doing some research it seems all the AMC mechanical pumps are garbage nowadays so I might have to go electric. Ugh.

yeah from what ive read, this is the unfortunate truth. you either find an old original one that's supposedly rebuildable, or convert to electric, or spend multiple hundreds on a fancy aftermarket one (robbmc). the new production stock replacement ones ive heard nothing but problems.