Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

-Zydeco- posted:

Sorry if this goes against thread rules, but this is US new related and I'm on a clock. I’ll take the probe or whatever.

I’m trying to help an Afghan family apply for Humanitarian parole to the US while their visa applications complete. The head of the family briefly worked for the US as a translator, but is currently in danger because of him having a shop on a NATO controlled post in Kabul between 2015 and the fall of the city in August. His shop and home was looted and he’s currently bouncing from house to house, staying with various friends and family trying to avoid groups looking for collaborators or people that just did business with Coalition forces, so this is a time sensitive thing we’re trying to do.

I’ve gotten pretty much everything they need together, but I’m still trying to find them someone willing to volunteer to make sure they will not become a public charge on coming to the US via an I-134 Form. I would do it, but I’m already sponsoring an Afghan family of 5 and I’m worried about taking on more before their parole application in approved.

If this is something that you would consider doing then please send me a PM. More than ne person can do this and that would probably be preferred to spread out the load if the family actually needed help after arriving.

There isn’t a guarantee that any financial help would be needed and the next step to having the parole package approved would be to get in contact with charities in the US to set up a place and means for the family to live so there is a good chance that they would have it covered. That said this is a signed form that will legally obligate you to provide financial support if needed so don’t volunteer if you aren’t sure you can afford it.

Guys, if you want to help PM -Zydeco-. This will be pinned for a week or so. This isn't a gofundme or anything so be aware of what this implies. Anybody who has experience with Immigration and Public Charges that can help, PM -Zydeco-

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU