Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Noxville posted:

time is precious

I think the last year has demonstrated that time is not, in fact, precious.

I'll hatewatch the new Bond and I'll hatewatch the next one after that. Such is life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Giggle Goose posted:

Hold on I thought this was a joke. Is this...is this real?

Evergreen post.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Julio Cruz posted:

plus at some point Keir is going to have to actually make a decision about keeping her in the party, I can see her jumping before she's pushed

After this long what would it actually take for them to get rid of her? They've spent the last few years happily complicit in her bigotry.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

'Hope the problem solves itself' is one of a crisis management technique.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Gardo's take bends over backwards not to imply that Blair is tax dodging:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/oct/03/pandora-papers-biggest-ever-leak-of-offshore-data-exposes-financial-secrets-of-rich-and-powerful posted:

Not everyone named in the Pandora papers is accused of wrongdoing. The leaked files reveals that Tony and Cherie Blair saved £312,000 in property taxes when they purchased a London building partially owned by the family of a prominent Bahraini minister.

The former prime minister and his wife bought the £6.5m office in Marylebone by acquiring a British Virgin Islands (BVI) offshore company. While the move was not illegal, and there is no evidence the Blairs proactively sought to avoid property taxes, the deal highlights a loophole that has enabled wealthy property owners not to pay a tax that is commonplace for ordinary Britons.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Spangly A posted:

Yeah I'm struggling to parse this as anything but the order coming down to clean house, and the relevant super sighing as they open the Big Book Of Crimes My Lads Did (Do Not Use)

Or they were warned that the rapist raping someone would leak to the press and were forced to take action before it went public.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lady Gaza posted:

At what point is filling up the tank not ‘panic buying’? Didn’t fill up last week as had 3/4 a tank. Got just over half now, I don’t usually let it go much below a half, but am slightly worried as I’m in the south east and everyone I know is having fuel troubles, and my town is ridiculously over subscribed for every service so I can’t see it easing here soon. Don’t want contribute to the problem either though.

If you're filling around the time you'd normally fill it then I think you can safely say you're not panic buying.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

big scary monsters posted:

I'm pretty unhappy that I have this in my head now and apparently I can still remember all the words.

It's this generation's 'tears in rain' speech.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Perfect Element posted:

There's that national lottery game where the top prize is being paid £10k per month for thirty years. I reckon that would be the best. You'd be minted, but not so much that you'd go completely crazy. You could quit your meaningless bullshit job and just volunteer or travel or something, and donate like at least two thirds of the money towards cool stuff.

Yeah that always sounded ideal to me - you get an incredible salary for the foreseeable future and know for a fact you can't just splurge the whole lot on gold leaf steaks or some other pointless poo poo.

I'd just live in fear that I'd become too reliant on it and the ongoing societal collapse would cause Camelot to go under and all the £10k p/m prizes would stop.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

4 holidays a year lol

what the gently caress would I be on holiday from?

I'm saving myself the money of having to take a holiday by already being on holiday

Holidays are when you go to nice places.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Switch games are pretty expensive.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lungboy posted:

That prize is nothing to do with Camelot, you actually win an annuity from some broker or underwriter or someone which pays out at least £10k per month after tax.

That sounds even riskier tbh.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Question IRL posted:

It's the same attitude conservatives have to all criminal justice.
"The reason people commit crimes is that the punishments aren't strong enough. If we brought in the Death Penalty for every crime, no one would commit any crime!"

Except in this analogy they also want to apply the death penalty to all victims of crime too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jfc that's awful. My mind's already racing at how this will be weaponised.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They're happy to call Southend a city now because it'll be underwater in a few decades anyway.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The gall of saying being transphobic is a protected philosophical belief. I assume that apply that to every other form of hate and bigotry?

The replies to the Tweet are loving depressing too - but at least it's more fodder for the block button.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Was it not more spacey being a huge sexual predator?

The show got really bad a year or two before that all came out. So a bit of column A and a bit of column B.

I'm surprised Veep managed to stay relatively good after Trump and Brexit hit.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CGI Stardust posted:

gently caress i don't want to have to learn the new lyrics for God Save The Queen, too much effort

We should really get an entirely new anthem when a monarch dies. Like with the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure opening tracks.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Communist Thoughts posted:

Later seasons of Veep got real bad too.

I remember there's one ep where a plot point is that the americans accidentally droned a civilian target and now they might get sent to the hague for war crimes

I don't get why this is a bad plot point for a show like Veep to have. :shrug:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

She's with are Di now. :pressf:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Necrothatcher posted:

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know where this is in London? It's a memorial mural of a friends sister, but he doesn't know where it's painted.

I'm looking in your direction goddamntwisto

Well reverse Googling the picture brings this up from some mad blog.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

As far as I can tell it was originally a mural to promote that Coldplay album.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I mean it's technically true that they're advising her to rest. She's not capable of doing anything else (because she is dead).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've only encountered glue traps once - at my in-law's house - and they're horrible. Hearing the panicked squeaking in the middle of the night, seeing a glued mouse writhe around in terror, ripping it's own body off the trap was downright disgusting. And having to pick it up and dispose of it while the mouse was still alive wasn't exactly fun. I've never had a mouse infestation but if I ever do I'm not allowing those things anywhere near the place.