Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Having never played maddening, I always appreciate Byleth's solid growths because she's one of the few CF characters that can really take a hit, the other three being El, Ferdie, and Petra (she can't take a hit but she won't get hit). The rest of the crew feels REALLY flimsy, but then my Caspars have always sucked. Fortunately with DLC and creative recruiting you can close those tanky gaps, but it always felt like the achilles heel of the CF team and why Byleth feels so pivitol here.

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

She also has a better design vs loser Guyleth.

Terrible fashion sense is 100% in character for her though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

True, but the hair is just way too ugly on Guyleth for me.

Oh yeah I mean even if Girleth is a fashion disaster she's the best.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The real reason to use Hubert is his battle twirls and how extra he is and all of his crit quotes which are :discourse:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

theshim posted:

I have a soft spot for Hubert because a) his Bernadetta support is super wholesome and cute and b) on my first playthrough he ended up with like 26 strength despite never touching a physical class and I'm always tempted to throw him into War Master now.

Still one of the lesser mage options, especially for Maddening, but what can you do, eh?

Hubert and Bernie surprised me by becoming one of my favorite couples in the game. I absolutely love their supports.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

For whatever reason I just use dancer for sword avoid +20 and well Petra is easily the best candidate for that. Solves the CF frontliner issue since with it pretty much every enemy has at best a 20% chance to hit her, usually closer to 0.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Strength: I am Ferdinand von Aegir.

Weakness: None.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I never had a problem with Linhardt's spell list. He's a solid healer and warp is always great. Sure he's stuck as a Bishop but I never felt that was too bad. Well until Hapi was added who is just Linhardt but better since she can be a gremory.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Obligatum VII posted:

The frustrating part is that they actually brought gender-locked classes back after they largely removed them in Fates, knee-capping female brawling units and male magic ones because ???

It doesn't help the magic oriented characters that they made so many of their spell lists bad and/or incredibly boring.

Speaking of Cindered Shadows, Hapi confuses me a lot. What were they going for? Her spell list is interestingly divergent from what Lysithea gets for dark magic and that is cool, but they made her speed situation incredibly dire and on top of that gave her a personal ability that is largely a liability. If they had given her actually good defensive growths, she could have been a pretty cool magic oriented tank, which was a role that was not particularly well filled in three houses base game. It's a shame because I like Hapi more than Constance.

Lindhardt but a gremory is Hapi's role. Like look at their growths and faith lists, they're identical.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Ignatz is secretly the Deer's healer, while Marianne is another explosion maker.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Malah posted:

Hold on - did the Death Knight just unceremoniously pop back into the loadout when Crimson Flower started? Was there ever an explanation for it, or what his deal is? Is he still murdering people around the monastery?

Does the Death Knight have supports with anyone?

Oh, NO :psyboom:

Oh there are supports. And you will learn his identity as well. Shamefully there is no Manuella x Death Knight support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah until her FEH art came out I legit just thought her hair was light green, so the Rhea thing was a massive nonreveal to me, but nope her hair is intended to be different. They just used hues that look totally green in that scene. :v: