Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

K so TT was openly putting things together during the Beta etc, folks like me who had no idea who he was or any of his history signed right up for the guild / discord. For future reference maybe bring up the reasons that TT running things is a bad idea a little sooner? Would have been nice to know before launch although I guess we did get a pretty hilarious meltdown in the last thread so maybe it's worth it after all.

Would have been nice, yeah. The funny thing is I knew who Badr was but no loving idea who Tempus. I can’t really remember how I knew Badr because it’s been so long but I just remember him being a god awful J4G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

I'm in one of the spillover guilds, have really liked the goons am playing with in game, and like the game a good bit in general (except for the queue bullshit). So, I have zero qualms with moving to a new discord etc, but it would be nice to keep as much of the 3-companies worth of goons we have on Royollo together as we could. I've only seen 1st hand one of TTs friends (Lumbering Troll / Tandon Erro) calling people "retarded" and then raging against the machine when asked nicely to stop doing it but that was enough to give me pause, and shortly after that the thread blew up. Otherwise the large goon crew over there has been chill / fun / helpful.

Yeah we’re gonna try and keep the goon guilds together. Nobody needs to jump ship yet but I would follow the advice of mods and standby for the new Discord and further news.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I definitely saw this coming but it’s been confirmed. TT will not hand over the governor chair and will most likely kick me from UwU by the time I’m home. Everyone should leave UwU and ask for an invite to the other two goon guilds.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
New Discord for US East.

https://discord.gg/nN2RXUeG

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

how does this affect the goons in pantaloons

Not at all. Just hop in the new discord and you’re golden.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I told Tempus we needed a leadership restructure. I told him if we don’t then we’ll have a goon split and there would be five members in UwU next week. I even told him he can stay just to appease him and he lost his poo poo on us. Straight up man-child meltdown. He then left the cat herder chat and made some announcement in Discord. I followed up the announcement by telling everyone to leave UwU and join the new discord and I got banned but definitely wasn’t surprised.

e: beaten

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 4, 2021

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

Okay so please confirm for me if this looks okay, I am very confused atm

East Coast Goon Conglomerate
Company Names: Communal Unity Movement & Goons in Pantaloons & Aeternam Cruiselines
Server: NA East -
Faction: Covenant
Discord/Invites: https://discord.gg/Yk5xAH68Hj

What's your server? Ryollo? Something like that?

Yep, looks good. Could you also add a disclaimer to completely avoid Underpaid Workers Union please? I’m sure he’s going to quit playing for a week but just want to be safe.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

post more of this lmao

I’ve always loved the griefing portions of OPs so I hope you’re saving these to write one up because this is gold. :allears:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

What do you mean?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ah the great Goonfuckening continues.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm not worried at all about it and yeah, Feds may do something cool to help us out. Wreckis is talking to their leadership now. Just love how much this guy has goonfucked.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I both love and hate the fact that the (one and only ever) owner of the entire website had to come into this specific thread to throw down with y'all. :allears:

Pussy Snorkel posted:

I don't suppose we could talk about the game?

Is anyone else rocking gaxe+musket?

Yes, actually, the last couple days. Why? I've mostly just been doing weapon rotations trying to level each and when I got GAxe to around 7 I replaced my hatchet with Musket to power level it and it's been fun. Do you need a build or something?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pussy Snorkel posted:

I enjoy the game.
Not looking for a build. I just think it's a pairing I haven't seen often. It's been really interesting in both pve and pvp. Just got both to 12+ to finish out the final skills (sniper especially).

It's been great!

PvE has definitely been good just to have the option to go ranged or melee with a group but I haven’t tried it in PvP. I feel like the thing about musket is you want light armor for max damage because you’re not in the fight but for the great axe you want heavy armor because of the CC and being in the fight so max points in strength and constitution. It’s just not the most efficient combo for PvP unfortunately.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ASAPI posted:

Let’s talk about armor. What kind of armor should I be wearing for PvE? My great axe hatchet character feels like I missed something.

If you have a good tank that’s always getting the agro go light for full dmg potential but your best bet is just full heavy for dungeons.

Pussy Snorkel posted:

I don't put any points into dex. It's purely used to engage (and start a burn) and, if they run, finish them off. The main plan is still great axe. It's been reasonable in pvp. Eventually I'll test the build with some dex and see if there's any value in it.

Sounds good. Please post results.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

orange juche posted:

Regarding attacker having wild amounts of power to sweep territory contests/influence. System is working as intended, and small groups can sweep 0-100 in a handful of turnins in order to encourage frequent territory contests, as long as they're not the owner of the specific territory. This is gonna get old real quick lol.

I liked drat near everything about this game but that’s gonna make me want to quit.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pussy Snorkel posted:

I mean, you're not supposed to hold a territory indefinitely. I think flipping every day would be annoying but there's definitely going to be a sweet spot in there. It would get massively stale if a company just holds a place forever.

Don’t get me wrong I can see the reasoning behind it but with this mechanic the only thing saving a war from happening every day is the 48 hour timer for the war in which case a three or four time a week war instigated by two people would get stale as gently caress real quick. I’m definitely about having to do it twice a week for funsies because I even would like the excitement of “oh poo poo we may lose it this time let’s go hard baby!”.

I mean a big thing was I was thinking before launch that it’d happen a couple times a month and I’d take off work the next day because I’d have to stay up late for it since I have to be at work hours before a normal person wakes up. But to be fair that’s just me so I can’t fault a whole game or community for that.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

I have zero interest in PVP and no interest in investing big time into an MMO, so far I am liking the game but it oddly feels most like one of those free survival games off Steam, which is no bad thing.
For those above level 10 or whatever, am I backing the right horse here if I just want something I can log into, fish, chill out and dick around with?

Absolutely. Never liked crafting or gathering or fishing in a video game but this one, for some reason, got it right with me.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Skyl3lazer posted:

Vulnerable people in that FED community (not just new world) are 100% at risk because church is a narcissist, it sucks tbh.

To add some perspective he banned me from the faction discord for just putting the poop emoji on a couple of his comments. Didn’t even say anything. :lmao:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well now I can't just captain pose over the bodies of the heretics anymore. :(

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

Man I am already level 30 on Barzir server. I don't want to start again from 1 :(

Just keep your character up and wait and see what they say about server transfer which should be hopefully some time today. If you can then sweet profit. If not then that’d have to be up to you whether you stay where you’re at or reroll to play with goons. :(

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Darwin_ posted:

Is this MMO perfect? No.
Is this MMO dead? No.
Is this MMO ever going to die? Probably.
Does AGS know what they are doing? Probably not.
Is it fun? Yes.
Should I play it? Yes.
How does it compare to the MMOs released in the past 10 years? Yes.

:hmmyes:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Philthy posted:

So I'm doing town quests and this is bugging me. How do I upgrade it. I've got 35 more points than needed somehow.

That’s the governor’s responsibility. Heed no mind and continue raking in that XP.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kaysette posted:

Can we not do this, please?

Legit question and not trying to be smart but do you actually play this game? I ask because I think you post in here more than I do. :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kaysette posted:

I do not! I wish I didn’t have to keep such a close eye on this thread!

:lol:

If you have to be in this thread you may as well try it out. It’s a pretty good bad game.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Digital Prophet posted:

Does it count as mod sass if we make shirts?

I need this for work. :allears:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

https://youtu.be/xwgiPMTUJLY

He’s absolutely correct that the game does feel soulless and the repetitive quests really do get to you. I logged in today after work and I saw the same 3 faction quests I just did yesterday and I accepted them and decided to log out for now.

I enjoy the gathering but the half baked market board makes selling poo poo not fun.

I dunno. I just hit level 30 and eh I dunno.

I was logging in while watching this and as my character is just standing in town I'm finishing the video. I look at my TV, then look at my computer, back to my TV, and back to my computer one more time and decide gently caress this I'm gonna finish Squid Game.

This is sad for me. I definitely think I've hit the level 30 burnout. :smith:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I will continue to log in and enjoy the game, I’ll hit 31 tonight. :)

I'm actually level 36 so I hope you make it to 40.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:magical:

Did you get stuck at the AH like I did? :v:

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 20, 2021

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

its an mmo, the most important thing is the same thing it is in every mmo

lookin cute

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Shortest Path posted:

Inject it directly into my veins

I sure wish there was somewhere this could get posted where other cov members could see it that wouldn't end up with him or one of his poop buddies banning you immediately

Thronde actually posted it in the faction discord and as of yet hasn’t been banned for it. :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

someone has to explain this memes drama to me.

Church is the leader of Fed, big pubbie Cov company on Royllo that owns three settlements, and is known for only looking out for themselves. Well The Unexpected Thor decided to let Church lead the defense in the war on their settlement and they lost it. But Fed hasn’t lost a single defense yet with their settlements. So running theory is Fed let them lose that settlement so they could get it later.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

edit: fed in particular would love to see you actually start pvping, if we had given you bw back you'd have lost it weeks ago

Why would we have lost it? Is that because Fed never planned on helping us in the defense in the first case because I see that as the only reason why you would make such a claim.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Your prediction that we would have outright lost BW just indicates that Fed had no plans in participating in the defense in the first place. Just keep ousting yourselves as buddy fuckers. :thumbsup:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

I've warned a lot more people about him than just the new world goons

thats still the biggest success story that came from nw, and I don't think it will be topped

Well thanks for doing it before launch? :jerkbag:

Third World Reagan posted:

lol what is this

:frogout:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

I'm tempted to ask what "anti-goon antics" even means but I'm trying to avoid importing drama

instead I'll say the thing I already said, which is good luck on your next server

Who said we're swapping servers? Everyone is realizing that Fed is full of selfish asses who only care about themselves and will soon find themselves in the position of the faction outcasts until y'all ultimately decide to swap factions or swap servers yourselves. :smug:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

yeah, this was me too

they did the right thing in the end

:cawg:

But y’all always claimed to not let the Nazi in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

now that I agree with, us atlas goons sunk their whole fuckin fleet twice this season

there's not really anything special about them, they are just a guild of drunks I enjoy hanging out with and am friends with despite pvping against them for two years

Friends with the Nazi embracing pubbie guild. :frogout: