Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hobbesmaster posted:

What about Kentucky’s quality out conference wins against… uhh. Chattanooga and ULM?

This is unfair, they have transitive wins over Towson, Jackson State and SEMO too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Meanwhile somewhere in Arizona:

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1447073174655438855

Also I just noticed that Vegas got the Michigan Nebraska spread we were wondering about last week just about spot on.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

Spencer Rattler's gotta be done in Oklahoma, right?

You get yanked and they win that game? Yeah I don't see how you put him back in and pretend that didn't happen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LLCoolJD posted:

Tuscaloosa's Deontay Wilder lost his heavyweight title fight last night, too. Bad day for T-town.

Hell of a fight though, if you like big guys throwing bombs at each other and get a chance check out the replay.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fast cars loose anus posted:

That doesn't make the photoshop any better but at least it's not completely out of nowhere

Noticed that last night. Yeah that was one of A&M's lesser crimes against comedy in the end, and hell they earned a pass for a day.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone know of a site that will let you look at a consolidated list of transfers (in and out) of a program? I know that some do transactions but I’d like to see total numbers - in this example who all/how many transferred out of UT balanced against who all transferred in.

Huh, I don't know where to find this but I'm sure this is out there somewhere and it'd be interesting to look at.

Transfers as a whole have just exploded the last couple of years with the new rules.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Iowa is good actually :)

The turnover thing would worry me as far as sustainably being good goes.

I mean creating opportunities you can reliably do if you're good enough at it, continually coming up with them is harder.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not all that surprising, but well, hell.

https://twitter.com/ESPN_BillC/status/1447522344369541127

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kayakyakr posted:

Meanwhile, Texas Tech is going to finish the season 4-8 with a loss to Kansas next week.

I've been slacking on my utterly bewildering habit of watching Kansas football this year, are they looking anything more like a team does anyone know?

I see they scored some points against Coastal and Duke, which they maybe might not have done before. But I'm guessing most of those points came in garbage time?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

No one really thinks Kentucky will hang with Georgia do they? Do they?

I think it's more the idea that Kentucky's defense is decent, their O is better than usual and we've had years of Georgia laying an egg on offense out of nowhere at any given time.

Georgia by 20+ at minimum is what my brain says, but my heart says there's a chance.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Iowa getting the top of Alaska is a geography thing I wouldn't have expected.

Also Meep Meep.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gonna need OU to finally get that loss they've been begging for and Oklahoma state to lose so the Roadrunners and Ponies run wild on these maps.

If Kentucky beats Georgia somehow that immediately makes them rivals with SMU. Iowa is going to dominate in any case.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

OU wins once again

Do we think Bedlam keeps going on once OU goes to the SEC?

I mean on OU's side definitely yes, not sure on Oklahoma State's side because I'd be begging out of that situation if I had a choice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Think Less posted:

Bedlam is literally the only game okstate fans care about*. If you gave them a choice between winning a national title and winning bedlam, 4 out of 5 will choose bedlam

*Since they finally beat nebraska once

Glancing at the record you have somehow described a more hellish existence than what it must have been like being a Kansas State fan before Snyder got there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Fu is this same way and he played in Oklahoma so maybe something about that state inspires secrecy so far beyond what anyone should care about.

Goes back to at least Bill Snyder who Stoops coached under. Snyder had full on wars with the media early on before he settled down and became a loveable grandpa.

I wonder if Hayden Fry was the same way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Top right is good offense and defense. Bottom right is good offense, bad defense. Top Left is bad offense, good defense. Bottom left is bad both.

Tennessee has a really good offense and average defense. My guess as to why he loves that group of schools is because they probably have wildly different records, while all being very close to each other in EPA. That's all I can think of.

Also the diagonals are supposed to equal out who's about the same, so Kansas is roughly equal to UMass in that chart's theory, just in different ways. Or Clemson and OU, etc.

As to that group he loves yeah I think it's because it has some teams that everyone thinks are really good bunched up with teams everyone thinks are terrible.

e: I should quote the chart for the new page so it's easy to look at. I mean I don't know how much I buy any of this but that's how it is supposed to work.

Godzilla07 posted:

It brings me no pleasure to root for THE BUCKS but they're the only team this year with an elite offense that can make life uncomfortable for Georgia

https://twitter.com/JBudDavis/status/1448284461343334401?s=20

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 13, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gators, Hogs, Iowa State, Michigan, Pitt and Liberty are all a little better than Bama according to that and they're spot on with Nebraska, so...yeah. It's a weird funny stat thing to look at (until Bama starts losing a bunch and not just one game).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Man Rattler sure bailed in a hurry. I’d be a littler nervous if I’m OU from a depth perspective and also hoping Williams doesn’t fall back to earth.

Rattler’s draft stock has to be plummeting.

That article says he's still in for now although everyone expects he'll transfer after the season, sounds more like Lincoln gave him a day off because he was pissed about not getting enough first team reps--or for whatever reason, not like they're going to tell us.

I can't find anything other than that one tweet from someone I'm not familiar with that says he's in the transfer portal already, and as noted it wouldn't do him any good right now since he'd have to wait until next season to play again (I do not know if you can or how to search the portal). Might as well stick around for the rest of the year in case Caleb Williams turns out to be terrible or gets hurt?

But yeah his draft stock went from at least in the conversation to be first overall to like 5th round in about a month. To be fair the first overall stuff was mainly based on 'is he Oklahoma's quarterback?' and maybe a bit of having a strong arm as far as I can tell.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 14, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
New exonerated coach dropped?

https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/1448724444701155332

I mean he was screwed over at every step of the way so I'm happy for him...just I don't know who's looking to pounce on this opportunity.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So did Kansas invent fake violations to get Beatty fired?

Yeah pretty much. I mean they (KU) dug through everything looking for the pettiest stuff they could find so they could fire him for cause, it was pretty lovely.

I think his NCAA crime was having unpaid assistants in the wrong place at the wrong time or something, it was always crap. One of those times I'd feel better about it if the NCAA was doing it just because they suck and we all know it, this was KU doing it because they were cheap.

This was a Jeff Long special too, if you need more reason to dislike that guy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In point spread talk Nebraska is 3.5 point favorites at Minnesota, which seems fine and Nebraska should probably be favored by more.

But picking Nebraska in any game as a favorite is so hard to do. And on the road, although that's generally mitigated by the whole Nebraska thing. This is purely pickem chat for me, no way I get near putting actual money down on any of this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

If you're looking for easy money, A&M is somehow only -9 against Mizzou.

Apparently others had this idea as well.

https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1449401358218502148

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

G-Hawk posted:

Missouri has an absolute rear end defense. Anyone can hang points on them

We have some visible evidence going on right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There is a non-zero chance that Clemson will still win the ACC while never scoring more than 21 points and only doing that once in a conference FBS game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

Name one bigger fraud in NCAA history than Iowa.

I'll submit Michigan.

Most wins of all time so you always think they're good, but a .438 bowl winning %. 11 national championships that all came before your grandparents were born other than a fake one they share with Nebraska in the 90s. They're always lurking, waiting to disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

Man I’m still loving pissed about that game. What an underwhelming showing. AR played his guts out though at least.

If you want a bright side you're back to caring.

I've gone back to the mild bemusement phase. Sure I'll complain, but it's all just expected now.