Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

a Loving Dog posted:

I want to play it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

scary ghost dog posted:

im going to play elden ring when it comes out.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

scary ghost dog posted:

playstation 5 gamers be aware that the dualsense sixaxis motion control gyroscope feature of the playstation 5 dualsense controller can once again be used to activate gestures.

:worship:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've seen some talk of poor performance on PC, can a pc gamer report back. Also it was from a woman so she probably hosed something up in the settings.

the Washington post guy said the same, not unplayable but not as good as console. day 1 patch coming tho…

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

ahaha

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Kongming posted:

Grabbing the goal posts before summoning my spectral steed and galloping off over the horizon.

Lmao

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

goferchan posted:

Jumping instead of dodging when a boss does a ground pound/shockwave style attack is hard to get used to but really strong. Seems like the safety window is much longer and usually you get a chance to punish with a jumping R2

that boss in the mine by the giant dragon near stormveil kicked my rear end for like an hour until I figured that jumping was way more effective (and also that the club was better than the sword). Felt like it was training me to use the jump more often.. Played for like 5 hours yesterday, game owns so hard.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

10 hrs in and I just met Margit. this is insane lol. also never owned any collectible poo poo in my life but the steelbook case is cool as hell

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

scary ghost dog posted:

30 hours in. tried to summon my spectral steed to go to the grocery store. imagined pressing triangle to pick up my groceries. heard boss music in my head when the cashier told me my card was declined.

lmao

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

No Dignity posted:

is there a subterranean layer to most of the game world???? how did they make this game[/spoiler]

the long elevator ride made me gasp. like, no….they couldn’t have…

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

:smugdog:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

herculon posted:

Found the Siofra River and got the poo poo kicked out of me by a bunch of green ghost minotaurs. This truly is the greatest game

lol yup it’s not a proper first trip there until that happens

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Fungah! posted:

its absolutely ableist bullshit that i cant get paid to sit and play this all day

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

thought i was just about done with stormveil castle then found four more sites of grace and like three additional minibosses wtf this is crazy

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

rodbeard posted:

I met Iron Fist Alexander and he's my new favorite NPC and I immediately looked up spoilers to make sure nothing bad was going to happen to him cause I couldn't live with myself if there was a quest line for him that I could gently caress up.

that dude rules, can't wait to see him again

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Spanish Manlove posted:

drat, crucible knights don't gently caress around

need my boy hanbei to show up so I can practice the parrying timing some more, those knights wreck me

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I was definitely overleveled for the weeping peninsula since everything in castle morne died in like 1-2 hits. Might do some summon signing for a bit to grind up since I feel like I’m underleveled for other stuff

it definitely felt like a practice run of stormveil, and the boss was like a simplified version of margit first phase. wish i'd done it before

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I like playing online because even just seeing other player’s ghosts roaming around the same areas as I am makes me feel warm and fuzzy

i like the useful messages and dont really care about the bad ones. i like the ghosts too :nyoron:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

EmmyOk posted:

It’s crazy lol. After I beat margit I did a bunch of summons for him and I’d say it would take less than ten seconds to get summoned each time.

it's been like that for me everywhere, last night i put my name down at a random catacombs on the weeping peninsula and i was getting summoned within seconds. first time playing a fromsoft game at launch and it rules

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Oh, your letter! therefore, try song

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

rodbeard posted:

Some random guy at the bottom of an elevator in Stormveil killed me more times than Godrick did even though he was pretty much the last thing I fought long after I moved on and leveled up a bit. Some guys just know exactly how to make you eat poo poo no matter what you do.

P sure I know what you’re talking about, isn’t that guy a crucible knight? he absolutely demolished me a couple of times before I said no thanks

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

25 hrs in, level 40 and finally going to liurna. one handing the golden halberd and it rules. best game

also went back and used key in the starting area, the boss bugged out like 1/2 way through and just sat there while I wrecked it. must have run through/past the killer roller thing a dozen times and just learned you can kill it with pots. finally understanding all the messages to look up. only game I’ve played that makes you feel like a badass and a complete retard at the same time

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Lol well now I don’t feel so dumb. that rear end in a top hat chariot must have killed me a half dozen times

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

American McGay posted:

Do you get anything for killing the double spider dudes that drop down on the other side? I just ran and grabbed the item and jumped to my death. I wonder if I'm strong enough now to try and take them on.

I hit them one by one with an arrow then lured them back into the hallway fire trap. slightly more honorable than the one in stormveil I killed by chucking fireballs through a small door. gently caress those guys, they just drop runes

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

god tier feeling when i went back to the crucible knight evergaol with a +4 golden halberd and loving melted him

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

goferchan posted:

70 hours in and just realized you can click the left stick in your inventory and sort a page of items by "recently acquired" :stare:

lmao god dammit

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

posting in hopes of iz magic as I’ve been banging my head against this stupid double abductor maiden boss fight for like an hour

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao. huge respect for your work on BF2042 sir

Lmaooooo

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the “immunity for one hit” physic in boss fights is pretty useful, def don’t sleep on that one

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day posted:

posting in hopes of iz magic as I’ve been banging my head against this stupid double abductor maiden boss fight for like an hour

finally killed these assholes in the cheapest way imaginable, but fromsoft definitely intended it as an option so I don’t feel bad

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Orange DeviI posted:

did you make them swim? i wasn't able to lol they would just stop moving

Lol no I walked in and ran and jumped onto the rock on the right hand side that’s just above them and just tossed my base level flame spell at them until they died. Had to periodically roll when the scythe guy threw at me but once he went down the wheel guy couldn’t do poo poo to me

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

lol I did that fight yesterday and hated it too. I generally don't like the "remember this boss from earlier? Well, now there's too of them" bosses, it's one of my only real complaints about the game. At least they mix it up by making it two variants of the same guy, but still.

I genuinely think you are never supposed to fight the abductors with normal melee l, every place I’ve found them has a convenient hunk of rocks you can climb that put you out of harms way

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

keep pumping other weapons to try them but i always come back to the golden halberd...

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

no feeling like when i fight a difficult boss, am finally having a good run, patiently get him down to the last sliver of health while i have a full health bar, then all of a sudden my brain turns off and i start hammering R1 while he unloads a four-hit combo and kills me instead of blocking or dodging like i've been doing the entire rest of the fight

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Kongming posted:

Are you talking about O'neill? I just summoned using my own ashes and it seemed like it just distracted his summons so I could fight him 1v1. I don't think my summon even tried to attack O'neill.

based on other posts i think its the royal revenant in one of the ruins in liurnia

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

I was frustrated with that fight too but I did it under leveled (his arrows did 90% of my hp) and after destroying him before he could even phase in NG+ I realized it was just because my build sucked and I fought him way too early.

just finished it, arrows weren’t bad once i figured out where to stand and not to be riding and I was pretty good on phase 1 but the goddamn giant rocks were a pain in the rear end, finally decided to just run and hide while he had the rocks out and once they were gone tried to run in for a hit, then when he was really low I just said gently caress it and rushed him and hit him twice. Uchigatana ftw

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

ppl discovering a pause function in elden ring two weeks after release like it's a secret level :pwn:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

siofra aqueduct: went to go look behind a waterfall and got hit by the trap of 6 little dudes and i lolled, i think that's the first time the treasure behind the waterfall has ever backfired on me. goty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

net cafe scandal posted:

It takes like 10 minutes to do Rennala's first phase and then she usually kills me within 10 seconds of her second phase. Pretty hellish

phase 1 should take about 90 seconds...