Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
gimme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm going to carefully avoid all knowledge of it.

same. being able to go in blind on a game or movie is very ftw imho, and is much more win when its a fromsoft game

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

raytracing my nuts off recently, this is ftw

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
got an HDR monitor and im tempted to play this on that to see the colors pop, but to miss out on big screen tv immersion? hard choices

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

im going to play elden ring when it comes out.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
pc gaming ftw

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
if anyone played the stress test that happened weeks back has there been any confirmation on how to power stance in game? i want to pursue that build path for my 1st playthrough but i'm not positive on how its done.

and theres power stance AND weapon arts? so many options...

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
im wondering if ill stick with one build/character through the base game and see how far ill push it over NG+ or if ill want to change things up and just to go over the base game again with a new build, but now that im typing that i realize it would probably hinder the story building with losing all items/descriptions. one of my favorite gaming experiences ever was playing bloodborne the 1st time and piecing together the story in real time before reading other ppls thoughts on it.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
taking notes ftw, hoping the pc patch does what it should and have a solid 60fps at 4k

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

this is going to be an arduous 30 hours til it unlocks

fr fr

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
aarr...arg....aaaahhhhghhhh! gimme

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i want to play

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

staring at it all day

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
gentlemen, get your dicks out

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
got 5 hrs in last night. only got a little stuttering here and there on pc but it was really minor, besides that its running at a solid 60fps. did one loop around the opening area before heading towards the 1st castle, which im right at the start to explore when i pick it up again after work. game owns, just wish i found so more armor/equipment to check out.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan posted:

I got the opposite impression lol. I've managed to kill a few things I probably shouldn't be able to just because of how hard you are to hit, it feels a little OP. You can use bows, spells, and throwing items on the horse too

im impressed by the horseback combat as well, its so loving tight

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
trying to rememeber, but the girl in the blue dress that shows up at the first chapel ruins gives you something for your horse (i believe) and when i flipped through the my inventory i couldnt find what it was. anyone know?

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
got really drunk during the last hr of playtime last night, dont remember at all what i was doing lol. time to wander like a boss

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Anyone else find some white fog walls where you can't pass through and there isnt any imp statues near to unlock them? believe i've found 2 but had no idea what to do about them.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
stumped at the Carian Study Hall, i cleared it out and in the rafters there are notes about needing a bow and looking up at what looks like a spiral staircase with something that looks like a button at the bottom of it. I tried shooting it a few times but nothing happens, am i missing something?

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yes

you need to do stuff elsewhere to get an item that will solve that puzzle for you. I can be more direct in how to solve it instead of being cryptic so that I minimize spoilers

ty, will keep an open mind and my eyes peeled

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
1st day back from playing the game all day, doing lame poo poo like work. not liking this feeling at all

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

its absolutely ableist bullshit that i cant get paid to sit and play this all day

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Harrow posted:

I'm also not too worried about not having the perfect starting class because at the rate this game is going I feel like I'm going to be level 130 or higher by the time I beat the final boss, there's just so goddamn much to do and I'm compelled to do every mini dungeon in a zone before I move on

I do wonder how long my 1st playthrough is gonna be since I plan to pick apart every area of the game and since you can only do your 1st run once. my gaming schedule is set for months

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
this game is beyond being 3 dark souls sequels in one imho. it should be placed in the same group of games that are uniquely special that will stand the test of time like dragon quest XI or disco elysium. from had to not make elden ring 6 times to make this one and i think im going to avoid guides or tips and tricks videos forever to help keep it fresh as long as possible.

i do wonder what NG+ will be like and what changes there could be, I'll probably respec once before starting it then step away from the game for awhile but that could be a month or so from now.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan posted:

I'm staying far away from any details but apparently people just found a secret ending yesterday which is insane to me considering it's been out for a week and how many people are playing this 14 hours a day. Feel like people are going to be discovering new little things in this for a looooong time

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I can't believe how much content there is in this game and how confident FROM is to not spoonfeed it all to you

its insane and awesome, but kinda rock and a hard place for me. i'll never have the patience to experiment to find secret and alternative endings on my own as with previous from games, so i may have to dip into a guide to get different endings in the future to see it all.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
its bugging me thinking about what NPCs ive missed so far and a part of me wants to peep a guide, but i must keep my 1st playthrough Pure

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Im power stancing 2 katanas while making the 2nd one poison and having a blast. I'm glad you get alot of the respec items, allowing you to change things up whenever you feel like it.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

im going to play more elden ring tonight

its all i do outside of work and it owns

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Bonus: I’m getting some really good practice in cursive: the Dark Souls of handwriting.

Have been doing the same and as a life long cursive user who's seen the art die and gets triggered when they see ppl drool and can't read it, thank you for your service

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
also switched to power standing spears as well, hope it works out but if I get bored I got 7 more respecs I can do

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
i do want to try stranger of paradise but i cant imagine playing a souls like after elden ring, or any other game really

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
nioh is good, and im not mad. im calm

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
lol at the thought of being a game dev after this

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Looking for a hint, I just got done going through the capital and im wondering how do i get to the "frenzied" town or whatever mentioned in a note i got from the frenzied village. it mentions the three fingers and that its below the capital. last night i found my way down a well and into the subterranean shunning grounds (such a sick name) and cleared it all the way to the omen boss but i think that's where that path ends. did I miss a door or elevator somewhere?

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Harrow posted:

The vaguest hint I can come up with: check around behind the boss

gotcha, ill check it out next time i log on

also im 75 hrs into my playthrough and still havent met patches :/, must have missed him somewhere at this point

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

hes in a dungeon on the northern edge of the lake dragon agheel shows up at in limgrave then later he shows up at one of the early islands in liurnia and hes also in volcano manor trying to pawn off an assassination mission on you and he also kicks you off a ledge in mt gelmir

hmm maybe ill go back to see if hes still around at the early locations but at this point i doubt it. or maybe ill save looking for him on my next playthrough unless im missing out on some really good poo poo.

its patches tho, hes such a staple i should experience him at some point

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

larry must be destroyed

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i never would have found margit the random overworld enemy in altus plateau if i wasnt doing a horseless run.

i think a part of why my playthrough is so long this far is because i walk instead of sprint to take in all the environments, along with note taking, but going horseless is insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

its ng+ so im skipping all the side dungeons i did first time through but i keep finding new ones because of all the little footpaths i missed thanks to speedy horse & double jump

ah that makes more sense, ive been debating if i would hit up side stuff when i hit NG+. may just take your idea