Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Just started this game (demo) because I was looking for games that didn't track data unnecessarily and it was ranked well on the Google Play store. I beat my first runs of Easy and Medium and it's really good. It makes great use of the pixel art and the screen and I expect to buy it, which might be the most I'll've spent on a mobile game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Tann posted:

You can download an apk if you buy on itch
Real glad I read this before buying in the Android app.

As an aside, I feel like I might not have given this game a shot had I not played the free Betrayal at Club Low first. I wouldn't have expected to like this sort of dice game.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Can the Wizard's inspire spell allow me to use a single-use thing twice? Or not since the single-use thing would become a blank side?

Even if not, being able to add three to all sides of a die was pretty sweet:

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
First hard victory. I'd always assumed for some reason that scrappers/steel were bad, but they're really helpful, actually.

It was down to the wire with a single shaman that needed to get its attack side to kill the dragon at 4 hp. I had to resist the urge to reroll when I could live through a turn with healing, to maximize my chances of winning.

Fun game!

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Blursed really is the best. Blessings can turn curses into strengths, apparently.

For instance, I have a curse of starting battles with a bunch of poison on a single character, plus a blessing to get a wand, and a blessing to get good items like "poison adds to your die".

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

AnonSpore posted:

What is the point of terminal damage except for making it easier to make bandits run away?

There's an achievement. v:shobon:v

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Just submitted an automated bug report. I was facing two warchiefs and a barrel, killed the barrel and then a warchief and the last warchief ran after attacking since it was at 1 HP, and then I got an achievement for a barrel running away, which definitely did not happen.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
My recent classic runs had 54, 47, 43 turns...
I can see how 40 turns should be doable if I get good blessings and play my cards right, but 35 still seems unattainable.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Pain of Mind posted:

To get below 35 I did it on easy, go after a blessing that makes it easier to 1 turn rounds (I think I had the one that starts you with 4 mana on turn 1), hope you get decent item and hero combinations, and go full dps. I won exactly on 35.

I finally got...40 turns with fizzing (2 mana on turn one), essence thief (+1 mana when an enemy dies) and the "monster growth" curse to balance things out. (Also since easy requires exactly 6 blessing points, I also took a Lich's tome which seems usually bad and I never used it).

Maybe I could've got 38 turns with perfect play, but I feel like my sequence of heroes and item choices through the run couldn't get me to 35, so there's definitely some luck involved.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

New Leaf posted:

I don't know what the odds of rolling triple X three times in a row on 3 people's dice but maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.
There are too many complicating factors to really give an accurate estimate, but I don't think it's lottery-rare, especially if you play a lot. Maybe you should expect to see something that bad after around, say, 150 games to the level 20 boss if extra re-rolls didn't exist, so even sooner than that in practice.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Veryslightlymad posted:

But can dodge sides gain cleave?
I wanna say they can but it doesn't do anything since dodge doesn't actually have a target.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Alucard posted:

Do what I do, play everything in heaven mode and every hexia fight is winnable. Bing bang boom so simple

I have to unlock Heaven first. :negative:

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Mescal posted:

This was instant-buy for me until I saw no controller. You're on version 3.0 and you don't have controller support?
Personally, I can't imagine comfortably playing it with a controller outside of, say, using the PS4 controller's pad as a track pad for mouse input, which I can already do.

It would be very tedious to work through every item you can click on individually, and weird/ugly if the UI were reorganized in a more hierarchical way.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Unrelated: it wouldn't update on my Android so I un-installed and reinstalled, and while I still have my achievements to paste, "restore purchase" just says there's nothing to restore. Is there something standard O should be trying to restore my previous mobile purchase?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Tann posted:

You can download an apk if you buy on itch

dirby posted:

Real glad I read this before buying in the Android app.

Tann posted:

it sounds like you bought it on itch.io before
Ah, thanks!

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

norp posted:

I might be remembering wrong but didn't it previously allow you to use a zero pipped die if it had some other effect?
I agree that I would like to use a zero growth side. But you couldn't do that in 2.0 either. (Don't know about 1.0)

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
A nitpick, but the flavor text "only curses remain" should maybe be changed for Blursed.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
What does the keyword "revDiff: inverted pip delta" actually do?

Is it like "if there are other properties that depend on having more or fewer pips than something (e.g. the last face used), then 'more' and 'fewer' are swapped"?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
The compromise everyone will love: single-use, hyperboned

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Heaven is surprisingly fun. Somehow my housecat became my best party member in killing everything before the turn really starts:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Today I learned that "death is permanent" doesn't mean "you can't revive them in the middle of that fight", it means "death is permanent", which seems harsh.