Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zurtilik posted:

I wonder if I'll ever just like ghost one of my kids? Can't imagine what it would take.

Aerosolized lead in your brain helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zurtilik posted:

Wife finds me repugnant

Mostly a sad tale. But I lost it at "Told I look like Tom Brady."

Uh this couple needs therapy immediately if not sooner, and also to work on their communication skills

I am unsure if I want to open the trash can of Reddit and search for this, because I think it will bum me out a lot. But. I bet searching for stories with that “life365” app in them would come up with all the stories one could ever need to fill the future estranged parents bucket.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Piell posted:

I either look at the Top 24 hours of AITA/relationships if I'm current on the thread or sort by newest and check the most recent posts, to avoid duplicates.

AITA wanting my father's girlfriend to stop bringing laundry for me to do?

Why is your dad dating a 21 year old college student and making you loving scrub her underwear

gently caress this entire situation, everything about it sounds bad

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

1stGear posted:

all of this is ridiculous, obviously what they should do is open the relationship and also have another kid

Maybe what he needs to do is stop allowing her to leave the house and also restrict all the money so she ca-

:negative: even in jest, this feels icky

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Malkof posted:

Just Dew it:

My (23 F) boyfriend (24 M) put Mountain Dew in my coffee to make "Mountain Dewfee" (yes really) and thought it would be "romantic".

I just want to hear from the boyfriend to hear what aspect of a horrible soda coffee was supposed to be romantic

Why did he keep insisting that this weird invention was a gesture that would somehow mean more to her? It doesn’t sound like Mountain Dew is a big fave of hers, so where does the romance come into the picture?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

Lmao, i did this once at a hotel on a school trip when i was like 14 thinking it was the best idea ever. Wasnt witty enough to think of calling it dewfee though

Was it romantic

was it romantic

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DemoneeHo posted:

cw: mention of bullying of a 1 year old
My mom keeps pushing her husband as the grandfather, but not after he pushed my kid into cake

Uh yeah the reasonable reaction to Cott leaving bruises on your child's neck is to tell him the next time he touches your child in any way, it will be the last thing he touches

I wouldn't have a relationship with Cott either. That's how abusers start, by "roughhousing" with kids and leaving bruises on them.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zurtilik posted:

My (30M) girlfriend's (24F) anime-geek friends (M29-34) drive me crazy and frankly, I want to beat them

I was so embarrassed to be seen with them that I tried to stand far enough away from them that I could protect them from getting beaten up yet not be seen as part of the group. If I saw someone I knew it would be mortifying and I wouldn't know how to explain it. I'm 30 for gently caress sakes.

What is this dude’s preoccupation with wanting to physically harm people, expecting people to get into a fight, etc

Jesus, chill out and have a drink, poindexter, other people are allowed to do things

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
She’s petrified that when he puts his dick in her, she’s gonna feel her hymen snap like a rubber band as her virtue is ruined

Religion was a mistake

Edit:

Sisal Two-Step posted:

My Girlfriend wants to call Off our wedding After an Argument with My mother

This person knows that their girlfriend isn’t marrying their mother, right

Maybe the figuring out of a honeymoon and how the wedding should go should be between the people involved, and the mother may have some suggestions, but shouldn’t be the other decision making party

Jesus Christ

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

spouse posted:

AITA for not offering to buy my friend Kobe beef while in Japan?

Motherfucker buy your own hundred and fifty dollar steak, there is no world where that is a reasonable ask

Anytime someone buys me food, I’m looking for the cheapest thing that isn’t an appetizer, because I feel bad someone else is shelling out for me, where do you get off guilt tripping someone for not buying you 150 dollars worth of capitalism bullshit

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Serephina posted:

Motherfucker read the post, his friend wanted to shell out for his own expensive steak. He's upset about being denied the opportunity to try something unique that his friend knew of but kept tight lipped about.

quote:

and he said if i told him i was going to pick the Kobe that he'd also want that and pay the difference back

Oh look at that, you’re wrong

gently caress yourself and gently caress the guy who got all pissy that his friend didn’t buy him a $150 steak, even if he would then pay the OP some pittance

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Uncle Enzo posted:

"Hey would it be cool if you paid the 60 and I made up the difference? I really want to try Kobe beef at least once in my life."

Even this would be better, but just getting sulky afterwards is bullshit

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Serephina posted:

...are you reading what you're quoting? at all?

" and he said if i told him i was going to pick the Kobe that he'd also want that and pay the difference back "

Like, go through that slowly and mouth the words out loud. Friend said he wanted to pay the difference and have the more expensive steak, friend was not asking OP to cover the Kobe gratis.

Paaaay the diiiifference baaaaaack

I’d love to know what world you live in where the person paying a hundred fifty dollars for a steak doesn’t have to plunk down a hundred fifty dollars right then and there to pay for it

“Oh no mister waiter, I only need to give you ninety dollars, my friend is gonna give me sixty later, he can just give that to you then”

Like, someone getting all mad that their friend didn’t overstretch their own finances to cover their indulgence, despite later claims of repayment that may or may not ever happen, is being unreasonable

Maybe you didn’t grow up poor, but I did, and someone expecting me to just shell out for them on that level is absolutely being an rear end in a top hat, and like I said originally, gently caress them, but also gently caress you for going out of your way to interpret my statement as wrongheadedly as you possibly can

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Convenience Stores, Convenis, Bodegas, etc. exist in major metropolitan areas in the US. They do not exist in the vast, sprawling hell that is rural and suburban America

24 hour gas stations with a convenience store exist in most places, and they’re mildly acceptable?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ad090 posted:

AITA For not agreeing on what my fiance wants to do on our wedding day?

this guy sounds sane and reasonable and like he is totally in on this new relationship

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
But she IS putting wear and tear on her car, wearing down her tires, wearing out belts, running through fluids, and having to do the driving herself. As well as all the sunk costs of having a car, like emissions, registration, insurance, and other stuff even before gas comes into it. So if you’re using her as a taxi service, you sling her some money and say thank you! What the gently caress, engineer dude?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mx. posted:

My (33m) wife (30f) thinks our house is haunted and wants to sell it and move

just pay a guy on craigslist $20 to pretend to exorcise the house, she seems dumb enough to fall for that

Burn some sage and tell the wife to get some protective crystals bing bong

If they’re gonna play the woo woo game, play it back but have fun with it

Edit: get the anti-demon possession tattoo from supernatural, the house isn’t possessed, the husband was

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm being accused of "stealing company property" because I brought my own Kuerig cups in instead of buying from the company snack bar. How should I tell my boss to go gently caress herself?

Place your bets, ladies and gents, I’m going with “the boss buys the coffee cups with company money, but keeps the cash per coffee cup”

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Evil Willow posted:

Update AITA for exposing my parents' favoritism

The grandparents sound cool as poo poo. What the gently caress, birthgivers.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

Is she from some east Asian culture where you must always defer to your elders out of etiquette (even if they're just like a day older than you?).

American middle aged folk have been pushing this idea for a long while, they love trying to use this argument now that the boomers are the last large old demographic

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Why do I get the odd feeling the ramp was some variation of loud red/white/blue, or straight up TRUMP 2024 or something

Or it could just be “the hoa requires all work on homes in the community comes from bonded, licensed repairmen and this guy just threw together a ramp with 2x4 handrails”. Without having more details, impossible to know

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hughlander posted:

AITA for “causing” a coworker to get written up by HR

People who make false HR complaints absolutely should not be promoted and be put in a position over anyone else.

This story is being very careful in not saying what the actual argument was over, and I wonder if they got to the topic of CRT and that’s why it got heated.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Motronic posted:

You don't think that someone butting into a conversation to keep repeating "people without kids shouldn't have a say in what kids are taught" and then being judgy about this person decision to not have children (which bafflingly seems to be public knowledge) isn't enough to make things heated?

I think that the narrator is biased and may not be telling us the truth, because he is being very careful not to mention the actual argument. If he was getting very mad about crt, she may have said "why are you so mad, you don't have kids in school?" And he is telling us a version that makes him a hero. This could be absolutely wrong, of course, which is why I'm just curious as to why the OP was being so careful not to mention it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Half of Dracula posted:

post clearly says they were talking about student loans and coworker jumped in to talk some poo poo.

She could have been the one mad about CRT, sure. It just feels weird, is all. Is there some no-politics rule in AITA that would explain it? It just feels like we are only being told part of a story and there's a big part being left out

Edit:

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

CRT is such an incredible leap from "the student loan system" that you might as well just premise your posts on the idea that what really happened is the OP pulled a gun on her

Uh I'm premising my posts on what she jumped into the discussion talking about, the whole "parents need to control what their kids learn" right now is intrinsically linked to the controversy over CRT, that's what she was talking about, step off my dick

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

or maybe an office argument about student loans is inherently uninteresting and irrelevant to the topic they want to discuss now? OP doesn't go into detail what kind of shoes anyone's wearing either, extremely sus imo

:jerkbag:

The story feels fragmented and has massive leaps of logic that could either mean the lady was crazy or the guy isn't telling us the whole story. That's what I was trying to point out. Thanks for discussing in bad faith, for the lols or whatever your whole gimmick is

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don’t see what the big deal is, it’s just chicken noodle soup but they use stars instead of regular noodles

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Evil Willow posted:

AITA FOR EXPOSING MY SIL

SIL's post....

AITA for snapping at my sister in law?

Holy poo poo everyone in this family sucks and I wish none of them had kids

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkwAaTdDQOs

This scene, but without the excuse of only having one spork or being in prison

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for watching and doing nothing to help my husband when he was extremely ill?

He wasn’t extremely ill, he was enjoying his fine crop of consequences

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mx. posted:

AITA for uninviting my cousins from my wedding for feeding info to my mom?

Op needs a whole lot of therapy immediately

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

trickybiscuits posted:

Related to this, I need some opinions. Is this a justifiably frustrated person who can't spell "Kenyan," or something different?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khene

They must obviously mean Laotian people :dadjoke:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

a 1 minute long pink noise sample is still my number one most played song in itunes / apple music because i used to put it on at night when i lived in a noisy apartment more than a decade ago

Why one minute?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The person who posted the story said in the comments that the reason the victim got killed was because she was fantasy racist against dark skinned characters, I’m assuming dark elves/drow, and the guy was mad over that

All the rest of the skeeviness y’all have pointed out is totally gross, but it sounds like there might be no heroes in this story

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slo-Tek posted:

Been a good 3 decades since I had anything to do with dungeons or dragons, but isn't racism kinda cooked into the pie? Not "dwarfs tend to be gruff and aquisitive", but "Every dark elf, goblin, and googah is born actively, schemingly, pointlessly evil, and murdering them indiscriminately is both good and right, and also the path to fortune and glory.

So, people get to play "not like those other girls" and claim that their half-dark elf, three-quarters black dragon bard is in fact one of the good ones.

I dunno, somebody tell me about the state of the art here, because seems like "don't be racist against the genetically evil monsters that you are supposed to be killing by the boatload" is a weird high ground to hold.

https://www.wargamer.com/dnd/races-alignments-lore-removed

They just addressed that, actually.

But like, if the new girl joined the larp and started getting REALLY INTO talking about how much she hates those dark skinned folk, might be a warning sign

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Farg posted:

that sorta thing is more or less the domain of the sorts of people you don't wanna play a game with nowadays

Yeah, the folks who are really tied to that sort of thing are basically all the cheese smelling cat pee people that made dnd nearly unplayable until like 2015

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

hawowanlawow posted:

I'm guessing she just said some poo poo like "drat those mean ol elves" or whatever and the manipulative rules lawyer op knew it would be effective in getting people all riled up

Do you want to continue saying how this girl obviously did nothing wrong, or do you want to admit that the conclusion most jumped to might not be correct

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

deety posted:

You don't loving handle that by having two guys lure a lone woman into a secret basement late at night, block her exit, and then gang up on her using some pre-planned ruse.

I’m pretty sure I didn’t say this was a good thing, but simply said that everybody sucks in this story

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I said there weren’t any heroes in the story, not that there aren’t any villains. I might be too credulous at taking the claim of how she was roleplaying at face value, but I’ve played enough dnd to meet those folk and not like them

I’ve also played enough dnd to meet the sex creeps too, so yes, that part is all reprehensible and unacceptable. I’m unsure why so many folk in this thread think I was arguing otherwise, but I’m not arguing that what the guy did was good.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

value-brand cereal posted:

I think its because in Finland they use wooden butter knives, and he's concerned how a ditchwasher can destroy wood??

A dishwasher probably wouldn’t have a hard time melting some particleboard down to components

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Johnny Truant posted:

Is this from a pizza chain or a specific pizza place by you because this has literally never happened to me, nor have I ever heard of it before this thread :shrug:

Are you a vegetarian or someone who is otherwise sensitive to the taste of meat

Because that massively changes the situation