Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Beachcomber posted:

My [22F] boyfriend [23M] hates my clothes.

"I dress like someone threw a pipe bomb into a thrift store. Hey boyfriend, what do you think of my fashion sense?"
"It's not my favorite thing."
"HOW loving DARE YOU you controlling monster!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Whorelord posted:

fire sally for being a narc imo

she can't be trusted with weed secrets how cna she be trusted with business secrets

:emptyquote:

8one6
May 20, 2012

champagne posting posted:

Sounds like it's time for Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears!

I have a different suggestion

8one6
May 20, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

Disapproval of bf’s gaming/figurine hobby is making us both feel angry and sad

Well if this thread is anything to go by the OP is probably going to snap one day and trash the boyfriends entire collection of games and figs and then wonder why he hates her for doing him an "obvious favor" or some poo poo like that.

8one6
May 20, 2012

spouse posted:

Edit: beaten like the subject of a story that isn't allowed to be posted here.

The word Cushi or Kushi is generally used in the Hebrew Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent

never heard that one. :shrug:

That's a new one to me as well. Would it be something that an orthodox or fundamentalist religion follower use?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Funktastic posted:

after an employee died, her team has driven off anyone we hire to replace her

Let them know that their toxic behavior is not going to be tolerated going forward. Fire the manager who participated to set an example to the rest of them.

Then fire yourself for not doing your due diligence after the first two people quit.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Piell posted:

AITA for canceling in an appointment that was made for me without my consent?

Kruge yelling "GET OUT OF THERE" dot avi

8one6
May 20, 2012

Mx. posted:

AITA for accommodating only one of my daughters?

OP here probably isn't going to get more than a dozen words out of Susan for the rest of her life. At least Susan has one parent that cares for her.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for leaving when my sister was late, but pretending to be in the loo and repeatedly messaging that I'd be out soon?

On behalf of everyone who has a habitually tardy friend I salute you OP.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Before anyone tries to chime in with the usual ADHD excuse, as someone who was diagnosed with ADHD (by a real doctor and everything) if they cared they would develop a coping strategy to avoid being hours late to everything.

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah I just stop inviting people like that to things. They can show up on time to work, they can show up on time to doctor's appointments where they'd be out money as a no-show. Dinner? 45 min late because they "lost track of time" or "getting ready took longer than they thought" or the most common excuse of not even bothering to make an excuse. They were just gaming or scrolling or something and knew they were late but their immediate enjoyment was far more important than making their friends wait for them.

Ultimately it's just being a self centered sack of poo poo.

This. If it was important to them they'd work to fix it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

teen witch posted:

Should I speak to his wife and get her story?

She already bought the house with him? Oh no.
:ohdear:

8one6
May 20, 2012

Mx. posted:

My boss cried when I asked for a raise

Dear OP, yes, block the boss.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

WARNING: Dead Pet Ahead!

My [22 F] boyfriend's​ [22 M] brother [19M] is responsible for the death of his pet parrot, boyfriend will be home in a week and on the warpath.

what can I do?

Let Roy kill the worthless load and then help him dispose of the body. Everyone will be better off and it'll be a good bonding experience for the two of you.

Edit: beaten like Chris should be.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Uncle ShortyB posted:

Fiancee(27f) made new friends asked us to be swingers then cheated and asked me reclaim her

Will I be a fool to rekindle our relationship again?

Yes. The biggest fool. Do not, under any circumstances, get back together with the cheating moron.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Mx. posted:

AITA for making my roommate drive 4 hours home to clean her fish tank because I'm pissed she adopted a dog while filming on location?

So she has a cat and a fish that the owns but doesn't take care of and is adding a dog to that?

Maybe grow a spine and tell her she can't have animals.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for exposing my parents' favoritism

Move out and never talk to your parents again.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

Sharing this one just for the typo:

WIBTA if I ask my boyfriend to pay more rent because he broke an agreement?

How good of a cook must he have been to be paying only a fourth of the rent? And yeah, if he made a change to the normal menu as drastic as "no more meat ever" he can start paying half the rent.

8one6
May 20, 2012

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

What happened Nov 2016?

Alec Baldwin joined the cast of SNL full time.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

i've talked to more than one person who was convinced that the water just wouldn't be the same

Those people are called morons.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

These stories always end up being carbon monoxide leaks causing severe hallucinations.

Right, it's either that or they need to call a general contractor to install new weather stripping and rehang some doors.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Tarkus posted:

I forget the name of the show but it involves houses that are supposedly haunted. The owner will complain of weird poo poo and the show will hire some psychic and a mechanical guy. Invariably the mechanical guy will find a squeaky door and a drafty window solving the mystery but the owner of the house will choose to believe the psychic's story of murder or whatever.

Paranormal Home Inspectors

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hughlander posted:

AITA for sending my family an angry email because they still speak to my ex-husband and even have him over, especially in light of his present “relationship” with a girl 20 years younger than him?

Info - why don’t you and your family get along?

OP

Why couldn't you say no?

OP

OP

Being told you're pretty and cheating on your husband is exactly what the #metoo movement is all about! That's why your entire family is siding with your husband and his hot new surf instructor girlfriend!

The story the OP is sharing is the version that makes her look good. I can only imagine the real shitshow that led to cheating, a divorce with less than 50/50 custody, and your entire family siding with the ex and not wanting to spend time with the OP.

quote:

... The details of “why” are not important...
they almost always are important.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 1, 2021

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm being accused of "stealing company property" because I brought my own Kuerig cups in instead of buying from the company snack bar. How should I tell my boss to go gently caress herself?

Flip her a nickle and tell her to keep the change.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Mx. posted:

AITA? For refusing to pay for my boyfriend's medical bills after he had an accident in my car?

oh he's a keeper

I stole and wrecked your car. How do you plan to pay for my expenses? I can take venmo.

8one6
May 20, 2012

spouse posted:

Anyway, content.

This one's from TrueOffMyChest, thought it was worth putting here:

Six years ago I switched my wife's cat with a more well-behaved lookalike.

Yeah... There is no way the wife ever learning about this turns out well. Take this one to the grave.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for sending my neighbor venmo requests every day until he pays for the laptop his kid broke?

It's called small claims court.

8one6
May 20, 2012

pentyne posted:

This one didn't take off until the comments really clarified a few things

My sister [30F] broke my fiance's [27M] wrist and now he won't marry me [26F] unless I cut her and the rest of my family out of my life

OP has found a real winner.

8one6
May 20, 2012

rotinaj posted:

:jerkbag:

The story feels fragmented and has massive leaps of logic...

No. It doesn't.

Feel free to fanfic why the OP is somehow a monster but you don't get to pretend there are problems in the story when you don't personally see a good reason to be angry at the OP.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Invisible Clergy posted:

r/relationships: It's only a felony in the eyes of the law.

8one6
May 20, 2012

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I assume it's the same guy that was turned on by white crew socks. Also I caught up on the thread !:toot:

Neighbor assumed someone spent the night while my husband was gone, which lead to his Christmas surprise being ruined

10 AM! Pretty suspicious!

Ok, am I the weird one for not wanting to interact with my neighbors beyond occasionally waving and saying "good morning"? Because poo poo like this would be really easy to avoid by just not interacting with them.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Right. Wife rented an empty room in her house to sister, sister paid no rent and trashed the place badly enough that it was worth taking her to court over, wife actually kept sisters stuff around to be picked up by OP instead of dumpstering it.

Going by the story Sister is the one who's been hostile to OP and his kid. He's being told he can't even bring his kid to Thanksgiving. "rarrgh death to landlords" all you want but sister is clearly a piece of poo poo.

8one6
May 20, 2012

value-brand cereal posted:

Sorry for the screencaps or if this was posted already but um. WhtA The gently caress?

OP's husband needs a CT scan and a psychiatric eval stat.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hughlander posted:

AITA for evicting him and his 13yo daughter?

Now even the 13 year olds are getting in on give me your house?

Dude wouldn't do the bare minimum to keep his daughter from trying to feast on the hand that fed them. Sucks for them but they clearly have incompatible lifestyles with the OP.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for calling my boyfriend childish for going to the grocery store every single day because he can't predict what food he'll want to eat the next day?

OP definitely needs to break up with him for that age difference. The guy may need some ADHD meds if he can't plan a meal more than a day in advance. He should also stop dating teenagers.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Metis of the Hallways posted:

AITA for telling my girlfriend that her phobia is ridiculous and she needs treatment? (self.AmItheAsshole)

This is... How amazing must she be otherwise for OP to put up with this sort of thing long enough to move in together?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for paying for my married daughters birth control?

W T F. I hope she tells her daughter asap because this fucker is gonna flush her pills or some poo poo.

Tell the daughter to get the hell out of there asap!

8one6
May 20, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

Long read, but well worth it!

My [34/M] girlfriend [34/F] girlfriend of two years doesn't want us to live together nor make any kind of compromise about our living situation.

... a stupid house is more important than me...

Sorry you had to learn this the hard way dude but yes, yes it is. She lives on a hundred acres within driving distance of whatever city you live in. If this is the US then it's likely worth more than you'll make in the next decade. She, by your own post, made it clear that you're not a part of her long term plans.

8one6
May 20, 2012

mllaneza posted:

lovely snipe,

(Update) My(m27) wife(f26) lost her job after leaving early numerous times out of concern for her friend's(f26) mental health after her miscarriage, but when I tried to talk to her, she made me out to be the enemy
[new]

That escalated not so much quickly as thoroughly.

Prediction: After the divorce Lauren and Liz become a couple if they aren't already.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Woodchip posted:

Every time we (25m,26f) go out to eat she orders something “exotic” and hates it then expects to switch meals with me. She sees this as “quirky,” I’m about to leave her it’s so frustrating. What are some solutions?

Just break up.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Danaru posted:

Wow he left out Molly's age I wonder how he managed to forget to mention that

kimbo305 posted:

Gonna want to hear what Molly and the daughter respectively make where Molly's concerned about the daughter eating well.

Yeah this is 50/50 "Molly and my daughter were in the same high school at the same time" or "Molly won't stop making something that my daughter is technically allergic to."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Piell posted:

AITA for being angry that my Coffee was swapped with Decaf?

That would be the end of the relationship.