Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kntfkr posted:

Everyone below this post is an rear end in a top hat.

AITA for Posting Below kntfkr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

My (30M) girlfriend's (24F) anime-geek friends (M29-34) drive me crazy and frankly, I want to beat them

I hope the girlfriend and her nerd buddies shove this dude into a locker.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

8one6 posted:

Well if this thread is anything to go by the OP is probably going to snap one day and trash the boyfriends entire collection of games and figs and then wonder why he hates her for doing him an "obvious favor" or some poo poo like that.

She says one of her concerns is money so she won't trash them. She'll sell them.

The real speculation is - will she sell them for market price or garage sale price?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

All the arguing about power grids and dishwashers makes me feel like I'm reading a thread about the Technology Connections youtube channel.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kinda gotta respect a manager who's like "Welp, poo poo, y'all were clocked out, so I guess porkin' in the copy room is fine?"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Saved By the Bell Season2, Episode 9 - "Jessie's Song posted:

Jessie turns to caffeine pills as a result of the pressure with midterms and her singing group, ignoring Slater's warning that the pills can damage her health. When Zack finds out about her problem, he cancels her performance and rushes to her side."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fish and chips and dip posted:

Is that a real thing? :barf:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluffernutter

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Did Prudie ask "does Trevor post on the forums as Microwave?"

TBF to microwave, his (I think step)mom was wearing a t-shirt, not a bikini.

It WAS at the beach or near enough for the beach to be in the background.

How is it that I have so clear recall of that photo but not what I had for lunch yesterday?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Piell posted:

AITA for calling my husband’s grandmother a hillbilly?

"Well good thing we have the first amendment. Grandma being offended doesn’t change that."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dazerbeams posted:

That's wild but uh, how does an ultrasound miss a whole baby when your stomach is sticking out past your tits?

Like ten years ago, I remember there was a show called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and the common theme among the ladies (Other than not knowing they were pregnant) was that they were fat. :shrug:

Also every story was basically "I had gas so horrible I knew I shouldn't trust the fart so I went to the bathroom and when I stood up, there was a BABY!"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

Fat man goon here and I qualify for this and I'm not pregnant, why I don't even have a uterus!

But have you had a period? You could be pregnant right now!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Scaevolus posted:

I really hope their lawyer mounts a successful defense of "I have no son named Mortimer III".

The judge would probably really hate it, but the OP's attorney going "No your honor, we have no objections to the grandmother seeing little Onson Sweemey, so long as it doesn't interferes with my clients' time with their only child, Bobson Dugnutt" would be pretty funny.

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 15, 2021

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Xachariah posted:

Uh, what the gently caress? 68 years old and he thinks that excuse for laziness is gonna work? This is something I'd expect from a particularly dense teenager.

He's a boomer, so it makes sense that he's been a particularly dense teenager for 50 years.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA? I ruin movies we are barely watching by sharing my thoughts.

"Just let me eat my slop, OP!"

People like OP's gf are the worst. If you don't want to talk at all while watching tv in a private residence, what is the point of watching it together? But of course if you try to leave so they can have their perfect silence, they say "wait where are you going?" There's about 4 lines of dialogue in 2001 too, so it's the perfect movie to talk over while you're both on your phones.

That said, "acting out" the scene where the monkeys play with the bone is unfathomably obnoxious, so OP is probably much more annoying than he's characterized here.

The OP is DEFINITELY waaaaaaaaaaaay more annoying than they're making themselves out to be.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Doctor J Off posted:

I couldn't possibly disagree more. It reads like he doesn't respect his girlfriend at all and is basically saying "you don't actually want to see the movie, you just want to pretend to watch it to look smart." And in exchange for condescending to allowing her to choose a movie, he wants to make fun of her and the movie the whole time. You can tell, because he considers watching a movie some kind of "commitment". When else does one sit down and watch a movie, if not on movie night?

OP is MST3K poisoned.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

killer crane posted:

Who the hell still calls it tivo-ing? Is OP in his 50s? Is a 50 year old adult man acting like this, and posting on reddit to find out in he's the rear end in a top hat?

I don't remember if "Tivo" was ever verbed, but if it was, it was certainly when the screen play for Brendan Fraser's Journey to the Center of the Earth was being written.

Also the fact that he had to crack that gem out five minutes into a movie they've seen plenty of times means the OP has zero new material and has been saying these same "Jokes" dozens of times.

The fact that the girlfriend hasn't murdered him yet should be cause for living sainthood.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If I believe hard enough this one will have actually happened, for it is righteous.

AITA for barking at my ex?

I dunno if it's real or not, but I'm reminded of my ex-Marine co-worker who sometimes barks. And not like... Big dog barks. High-pitched, loud, yappy dog barks.

In the middle of an office...

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

It is actually, unfortunately, every day.

Pic of Nelson for those who didn't click through:

I wanna feed him a carrot with the consent and supervision of his owner.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pendragon posted:

I think my wife and I joke about this on a weekly basis with our kids. The difference is I trust my wife enough and she trusts me enough that we don't even need to question it.

I'm sure you mean that you say "Wow, honey, I don't think this kid is mine", but telling your wife "Wow, honey, I don't think this kids is yours" would be pretty funny.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

this seemed clever until I considered just how many cigarettes you'd have to bang through to get enough ash on short notice

Just make friends with smokers for a bit or fins some public ashtrays that can be emptied.

Or just clean out a charcoal grill.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Propaniac posted:

Slight update on the baby stealing sister:

Cops are gonna raid the sister's house and find the transponder she's been using to reroute storks flying overhead.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Piell posted:

AITA for yelling "no no no" during my partner's zoom meeting

Anyone who works on their day off - "sitting in" on meetings included - can get hosed.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Piell posted:

A twin-pack of bigoted Thanksgivings

AITA for ruining thanksgiving dinner even though I was just defending my girlfriend from racist comments?

Just text back that you'll see grandma and grandpa at their funerals.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I guess when you tell your partner "I will contribute NOTHING to this relationship" and they marry you anyway, you start to think you can get away with anything.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Reminds me of all the hospital patients I've cared for who, for one reason or another, couldn't speak. I'd ask them to write down. They always acted like it was the biggest insult and indignity despite me having no judgment on their circumstances and a simple desire to know wtf they wanted. When we did get a verbally compromised patient willing to use alternate communication means, I went so so far out of my way to make sure they got anything they drat well asked for.

Hey, they worked HARD on those Charades skills. Why just sign it/type it/write it down/tap it out in Morse code when you can act it out?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for being upset at my brother for potty training / wiping my 3 year old son's bum without asking my permission?

The racist poo poo just kinda slides in there.

LOL, it's slid in right from the get-go: "His father is not in her life and is in a different state trying to be a rapper/NBA player, whatever."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

i thought it was any food found on american soil

Hawaiian food doesn't count.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

"The bird has been fined 15000 seeds and suspended for two games."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

RoboRodent posted:

I'm glad you're in this thread already.

LOL at the idea of successfully telling a parrot not to say a fun word it learned.

I imagine it would be like when I was a little kid and somehow learned the word "poo poo". I marched around the house saying "poo poo. poo poo. poo poo. poo poo." as cadence. My dad yelled at me and told me not to say poo poo any more but if I wanted to, I could say 'crap.'

Que like... 3-5 year old me marching around the house. "Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

a podcast for cats posted:

It's a worm dance. Danced to worm music obviously.

For content. It's a bit mundane, but the mermaid pose sealed the deal for me.

edit: comments had this nugget too

r/relationships: He is in mermaid pose right now and my blood pressure is through the roof.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

teen witch posted:

Caveat: except for Defunctland, though I think he’s more overall a theme park fan than Disney Adult

Defunctland is pretty good, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna watch that nearly two hour video on FastPass and queues.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

cumshitter posted:

AITA turning the oven off while cooking thanksgiving dinner after my husband kept shouting orders at me?

:killing:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

B-Rock452 posted:

Hot gym take, if you are working out at a gym that has speakers you can hook your phone up to, you aren't an rear end in a top hat for doing so. I have been to multiple gyms like that and unless it's something super offensive just ignore it or put on your own headphones

Look into your heart and discover what type of music a 17 year old might play to get pumped for a workout and what sort of lyrics they might have.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

'Mars, Bringer of War' and the 5/4 was loving up everyone's tempo.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

mania posted:

OP's an rear end in a top hat of goatse sized proportions.

Big Calm Hitler Comic vibes

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DorkusMalorkus posted:

"too soft" for what exactly? Computer touching/tech support/advertising or whatever this company does? Yeah, you've all been working from home just for a year but now it's time to TOUGHEN UP for that grueling office lifestyle. :jerkbag:

drat, that would have been a good time to send a calendar invite to the owner with "Location: Parking Lot. Description: We'll show you how soft we are."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Evil Willow posted:

This woman! Wow....

AITA for not inviting my husband’s mistress and her child to my daughters party

I didn't read really any of that after the first sentence and started doing math while muttering "Please be a typo, please be a typo..."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

My kid will make us a pot of coffee if we don't stop her.

Like, literally stop her, and talk her down. She'll argue with us, it's time to make a pot of coffee. No, me and mommy have had enough coffee, you don't even drink coffee why do you care so much

I wanna see a dramatic recreation of this kind of stand-off.

"Put. The. Coffee. DOWN."

"I swear to GOD, I will make this pot of coffee!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for fixing the toilet in a shared apartment then refusing to pay for a useless plumbers visit?

Pay the plumber and then demand the roommates pay the OP as much as the plumber got because she's the one who fixed it.