Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Kalit posted:

Ramp more frequently, implement threadbans and forumsbans as needed (and probably more often).

This poster and all posters saying the same thing are literally the exact problem with D&D, just a heads up. Just an unslakeable thirst to punish those with wrongthink.

Also a big megalol that I could tell you exactly who would be asking for this before I even opened the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

There's a lot less 'shouting down' in CSPAM than you guys think. The only person I can think of in recent memory being 'run off' in the sense that people dogpile them is Kim Bong Chill, and that is an obvious gimmick account.

Yeah, people are gonna post the newest thing that shows AOC or Bernie, with their spines completely shattered, bending to the whims of the democrats, despite their 'revolutionary' rhetoric. You can still post that you like them, it's not the end of the world. Some folks may lol at you, it's ok.

Maybe y'all are thinking back to when Taintrunner was around calling everyone a rapist or whatever. It was tedious as hell for us too, let me tell you.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Mellow Seas posted:

I think people who post in D&D are mostly people who don't like going out of their way to share their thoughts on something they care about and getting "lmao" (or 10 "lmaos") as a response. I think they're hardly unique in the world in that respect. I don't care if that makes us "soft" or loses us internet cred or whatever.

And conversely, I'm sure there's people (like myself) who don't like going out of their way to share their thoughts on something they care about and getting probated/ramped for it due to mod bias.

And who said anything about internet cred or being 'soft'?

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Lib and let die posted:

I guess I'll risk breaking the new rules (and being "the new spreadsheet goon") to answer this

Starting with 1/1/2020 I filtered a list of entries by "Requested By" of all the current D&D mods, as well as Majorian and MPF, then filtered by 'contains "forum ban"' in the Punishment Reason, then filtered the for only the unique values of Horrible Jerk in that list. I came up with the following 10 posters:
Applying the same steps with 'thread ban' gives the following list of 19 posters:

You should search for 'don't come back', as that's a mod favorite

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Clearly falling on deaf ears here, but the usual suspects coming out to say they want harsher punishment for their posting enemies is just exacerbating the problem this forum already has.

The fact that the (increasingly long) list of forum/threadbanned folks' venn diagram does not include a single one of you clowns that posted rape apologia, and that are happily still posting away today and in this thread, is a damning indictment of the moderation of this forum.

You can be a vile human being, just don't post rudely to the centrists, intermittently, or get ramped!

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

While I think that is a good thing going forward, that does not change the fact that people who have already posted rape apologia are still here, and still will be here, unpunished. The message, to them, is simply don't post about the topic anymore.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

fool of sound posted:

As stated, we failed on some of those, but a lot of them have been punished, and a lot of the worst offenders no longer post here of their own volition. Also as stated, impugning an accuser's character isn't an automatic permaban. People are allowed to return and post after serving their time provided they refrain from making the same mistakes repeatedly.

Although I obviously want harsher punishments for this particular issue for various reasons, I understand what you are saying and don't disagree. However, one of the problems I see is the fact that these posters were never the ones that got thread or forum-banned. You cannot tell me that someone like VitalSigns, who is probably one of the best posters on this site, is worth kicking out over (and I'm choosing not to name names) people a-ok with rape as long as it's their guy doing it, just because they frequently disagree and get into arguments with certain posters. Which usually leads to very good discussion, no less!

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

How are u posted:

Saying something like "If you voted for Joe Biden you support rape" is pretty evil poo poo, and shouldn't be tolerated.

e: It's a cudgel that excises all nuance from the world, boiling morality down to some sort of binary choice between black and white.

How are u posted:

They're probably not calling it out because they don't believe it happened. Like with Tara Reade. Its not that most people believe her and are afraid to call it out, its just that they don't believe her to begin with.

How are u posted:

I"m sorry, "rapes" plural? There was a single accusation, and a complete and utter lack of any other people following up with their own accusations. It's really quite striking when compared to other politicians who have been accused of similar.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

How are u posted:

Nucleic Acids posted:

There were multiple accusations of sexual harrassment that were also brushed aside by the media.
Do you have citations?

Fun side note: the people who reacted (myself included) with disgust to your rape apologia were probated several hours before you eventually were, and one was in fact threadbanned! Gotta maintain that decorum.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Darkrenown posted:

Vitalsigns' last posts in USnews were repeatedly saying how great it was that the Taliban were regaining power in Afghanistan. Would you say that A) There's no rapists in the Taliban, or B) VitalSigns is "a-ok with rape as long as it's their guy doing it"?

Were you ok with the rapes that were going on under US occupation? Framing his posts as saying 'taliban good' as opposed to 'some of the locals prefer the taliban to the US' is a bit disingenuous. My guess is you're operating under the western (and, sad to say, totally normal) assumption that we were the 'good guys' in that war. We absolutely were not. The taliban are horrible monsters imo, but I'm glad our own horrible monsters are out of that country now.

VitalSigns posted:

I don't know how to break this to you, but we were not the good guys and the invasion and 20-year occupation and looting of the country had nothing to do with preventing rapes of anyone by anyone

Naturally this continues to be overlooked because it doesn't fit the narrative of the white man taking on the burden of civilizing the benighted Pashtun savages

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Darkrenown posted:

No, I know the US (I'm not American) sucked in Afghanistan too. Biden isn't the first rapist president either. Even if you think the US was worse than the Taliban then it seems to match up fairly nicely to Trump being worse than Biden and yet both are rapists. If everyone supporting Biden is pro-rape then surely the same should go for people celebrating the Taliban's return to power?

But I'm not trying to make the point that Vitalsigns loves the Taliban and therefore loves rape, I was trying to make the point it's absurd in either case. I thought since you were holding up VS as "one of the greatest posters" then pointing out that the same kind of logic should condemn them might make you rethink it. I don't think VS was hyped for all the terrible things that will happen under the Taliban, and I don't think DnD people hoping Biden gets some good bills passed love Biden's rapey ways either.

I don't agree with voting for biden = pro-rape so I'm not sure what the purpose of your argument is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Darkrenown posted:

I thought that was the point of your conversation with How r u. If not, then disregard.

Looking at my previous post I can see how that would be confusing. In fact I do not disagree with what How Are U posted, but was instead, let's call it "shitposting", about his past as a rape apologist to contrast with his sudden 'concern' about people being called rape apologists just for voting for joe.