Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

well, he is a little punk rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

a surprising number of these sound like they should be the main menu / overworld map music for the third horniest sega saturn dating sim of 1998

like for what football-adjacent circumstance would you cue up the track at 45:27

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Maybe tim is waiting to get those kickstarter foot buttons to help him in Premiere

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

well, he is a little punk rear end

does sorta seem like it back then yeah

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Farg posted:

man reading through the archived and buried tim essays is wild. why did he get stalked and shoved down stairs by the yakuza

are you reading a juzo itami biography instead by accident

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I've only read a couple things from back then and yeah he seems like a real shithead in his 20s. Which, whomst among us. At least he's had a lot of growth since then, not everyone does.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Has he

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

He's putting out exactly as many videos

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’m worried Aerith thinks people can’t change

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

Let the solider hold the buster.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol he said on insert credit this week Square said he wasn't active enough on social media for a review copy

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think he should review it, it seems more interesting to talk about than remake 1 on account of being more of a good game honestly

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I heard there’s an open world section in this one so he can just recycle the cut Honeytunnel/Blastwaste chapter from the CP2077 review, bingo bango

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
new video?

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

yeah.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

https://twitter.com/108minusContext/status/1763913353997549890

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/froyoscones/status/1541412576072015872

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Lol he said on insert credit this week Square said he wasn't active enough on social media for a review copy

i just hope tim can lean on the community in these financially desperate times

Apes-A-Poppin
Dec 3, 2015

Good on Tim. I cannot fathom what being active on social media is like.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I mean he still does a few hours of twitch a week, and god knows how much discord. I suppose he's tapered getting yelled at by strangers down to a level he can manage, sort of

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's absolutely addicted to Twitter. On the podcast half his anecdotes are getting mad about some post he saw or dm he got on Twitter

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBC-2y6C8xU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Here's a video Tim liked recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvgbGRQiXCs

He pinged the entire Action Button discord, to let you know, that he liked it.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
WTF there's a Super Mario Bros 2 review by Tim at around 33 minutes.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

mad lad

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Asteroid Alert posted:

That long-rear end message is the closest we're going to get to a Patreon update this year

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It seems like the growing trend in video essays is to do the tim voice. I guess the analytics must bear it out

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Asteroid Alert posted:

Here's a video Tim liked recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvgbGRQiXCs

This was very good.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

No Mods No Masters posted:

It seems like the growing trend in video essays is to do the tim voice. I guess the analytics must bear it out

A thing that really put me off of doing personal video nonsense (I do some video stuff professionally) is that after a billion years on the internet my mental monologue is way too similar to Tim’s and I sound a lot like his postmix, I don’t want to be a mere timpersonator

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
How long has it been? I can't remember

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Boku no Natsuyasumi review came out in October or November 2022. So yeah it is past the point of ridiculousness but I guess these are just going to be the length of three movies from now on and take as much time to make as a movie.

It doesn't seem that anyone is willing to stop support on Patreon.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 21, 2024

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

tracecomplete posted:

A thing that really put me off of doing personal video nonsense (I do some video stuff professionally) is that after a billion years on the internet my mental monologue is way too similar to Tim’s and I sound a lot like his postmix, I don’t want to be a mere timpersonator

Buddy. That's kind of the whole reason you should get started.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Skrill.exe posted:

Buddy. That's kind of the whole reason you should get started.

:yeah:

dijkstracula, in three years posted:

god when is the next tracecomplete video coming out already :f5:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'd like to hope that he's got a few videos in the can at this point and he's just waiting until they're all done before releasing.

I know that's some serious cope but I'd like to think he's still on track.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

He's mentioned working on five or six at the same time, and he's doing 40 hour workweeks now instead of 120.

I dunno it is a crazy long time but I'm also not giving him money, so. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

I've only read a couple things from back then and yeah he seems like a real shithead in his 20s. Which, whomst among us. At least he's had a lot of growth since then, not everyone does.

It's hard not to read a lot of his old LJ stuff and a lot of what he was like back then (and is like right now) and not think like, "what was your SA account name, tim?"

like, all of his old writing, blogs and 'Get Bonus' are very very very very "The Cool Type Of Guy Nerd" circa the 2000s type energy