Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

democrats are going to pick up seats and the only ones owned will be cspam

Dems were born to lose, goons were born to get owned, what we have here is a buttered toast on a cat's back situation.

Expect a coup before the results come in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Question about the aftermath of the upcoming bloodbath: what's in it for the losers who are junior status from unimportant areas*? Like, the senior officials who get voted out will still have a comfy place in the greater apparatus or private industry, those with sufficient idpol can run the television circuit scolding leftists and anyone who made a sufficient splash in the media, however unearned, can run/grift again at their leisure.

But what about the truly empty suits, the sacrificial lambs allowed to run for poo poo seats and otherwise ignored? Obviously no one allowed to sniff higher office has any intention of actually governing, so why did they bother? Do they just get absorbed back into the machine and live out their lives as obscure advisors? Do they actually think Pelosi et al will one day cede the throne to the hardworking grunts?

e: *unimportant to the beltway dems, not unimportant in the "rural folk are a drain on us" lib sense

Big Mad Drongo has issued a correction as of 14:57 on Nov 3, 2021

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

BUSH 2112 posted:

it really pisses me the gently caress off, but i don't see there being any kind of useful opposition to it

dems_are_a_waste.txt

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

they stand for brunch, going back to

Back to brunch?
No, more worries!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Many people are saying this!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Curious how dems always scream about how we must vote, yet studiously ensure they're never in a situation where they can vote. What do they know about voting that we don't? Has a study on potential side effects ever been conducted?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

So clearly the Democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022, so it is written and so mote it be. But what kind of chud is going to be swept into office nationwide? Will there be a big enough tidal wave of Qanon congresscritters that Q drops will set national policy? Or are we just going to get a bunch of boring stepped up small business tyrants vying to be the next Trump?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Glad to hear that our deep dive even further into legislative disfunction and authoritarianism is at least going to be full of lols. I was worried the GOP still had some modicum of party discipline but I suppose that's focused purely on existing congressmen and not the up-and-coming class of pyschos.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

double post

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

The year is 2022
The democrats have been destroyed

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

The dems are in favor of school funding only if it depresses STEM wages, so lacking even the most basic creativity/arts background checks out

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

twenty-twentytwo
the democrats are destroyed
donald smiles bigly

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Centrist Committee posted:

in its final form, hell yeah, the democrats got destroyed in 2022 :cool:

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I'm rewatching Veep and it's it's hilarious how much the characters seem to care about about themselves and their careers, and by extension seeming effective at their jobs.

Like, the whole show is about how politicians and their hangers-on are all venal, narcissistic demons, but I keep thinking to myself "At least they want to LOOK like they give a poo poo."

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Vomik posted:

veep was made during the obama era where obama is the ultimate form of the liberal. he can believably make you think he is doing good things and anything stopping him is actually stopping him not just because he doesn't care.

now all the liberals are too lazy

I suppose this is what gerontocracy does to a motherfucker

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

LastInLine posted:

The world is so lovely though that it's always the worst possible outcome so what if they win?

Good news, the dems getting destroyed is less "better" than the alternative and more "funnier," and the one thing hellworld has been pretty good at delivering on is content!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

CaptainACAB posted:

i never thought TT did anything as funny as wrap it up obamilures.

Nothing TT did was that funny on its own, but the years-long dedication to his role was a masterclass in shitposting. He never overplayed his hand or gave any impression of insincerity until he was ready to come clean.

I was the most perfectly executed gimmick account this site will ever see.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

what is it with this thread over the past few days? lmao

Reminiscing over LF, a forum that will be forever preserved as a relic from before the democrats were destroyed

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Seyser Koze posted:

the democrats will have been destroyed in 2023

That's thinking small and/or optimistically

The democrats will continue being destroyed in 2023

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

IMO if you're one of the most powerful politicians in the country and a vote on what is supposedly one of your party's defining issues comes up, maybe you can put on a brave face and deal with it first. Sucks but you chose the powerful prestigious position that allegedly calls for you to put the good of your constituents ahead of your own wellbeing.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I've had to miss wakes due to work refusing to give me time off, or maybe the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022. Hard to say.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

seems a little unfair to Russia if the only acceptable invasions are of countries bigger than you.

Just greasing the wheels so when we try to annex Canada and someone calls that "unacceptable" they earn 500 Pinocchios because actually it is acceptable to go to war as long as the other country is larger.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

cenotaph posted:

I'm supposed to vote dem for a lottery chance at the council of elders and a vaccine rollout largely distributed by private companies that started under trump?

Uh, yes? Is there someone making a better offer I'm not seeing? You leftists are so childish, living in a world of "want" instead of "can." Even Joe Biden, the most leftward president ever, and his absolute girlboss of a VP aren't enough to appease you babies.

I tried, but that reads like something I could imagine seeing on Twitter. Is it even possible to write something so stupid it doesn't sound like the liberal discourse?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

ah, Kos, or some say Daily Kos...

As you once did for the vacuous Biden, grant us votes, grant us votes.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

fast cars loose anus posted:

The idea of "how dare people expect something from/for a vote" is absolutely baffling, to me. Why the gently caress else would you haul your rear end out there in the often poo poo weather to wait in an often poo poo line to vote for always lovely people unless they were promising you something?

Another baffling thing is Dems continued insistence of grabbing the hot iron that is gun control. Yes, it still burns; no, it will not make people forget that gas doubled and everything else costs more than it used to as well.

Why wouldn't they keep grabbing that iron? Stuff like canceling student debt or legalizing weed is broadly popular, so there's an infintessimal chance it might result in actual legislation or, god forbid, people believing Better Things Are Possible.

Gun control speaks to a big pool of ignorable donors without generating enough popular pressure or enthusiasm to actually rock the boat. The electoral losses were coming anyway, and the dems that matter will remain safe. It's perfect.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

Again, if it was engineered for virulence, why was it basically as virulent as sars and responded just fine to normal public health measures, while the version active now, developed completely in the wild, is totally uncontrollable. I would expect a virus engineered for virulence to not immediateli1y be triple-one-upped by nature.

WTF even is this, you can't "engineer for virulence" you gotta get out there as a level 0 scrub and earn the points to evolve the trait

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Nonsense posted:

lol the scotus is in disarray because of the leak

Would you say Alito is increasingly isolated?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I always knew KHive was a tiny sliver of a sliver but lmao that they couldn't even nudge the net positive on their queen by one percentage point

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

i really hate that “doing anything except debates is cheating at politics” is just established democrat dogma at this point

Personally I love it, as it's one of the key ingredients in my favorite dish: a fluffy The Democrats Are Going to Get Destroyed in 2022 omelet

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Biden and Harris are watching a movie.

BIDEN: Hey, should we hit that magic button we have to protect people's autonomy?

HARRIS: Nah.

BIDEN: Okay.

This is unbelievable slander and I will not stand for it

The Biden admin despises Harris too much to invite her to Movie Night

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

yes the party supported primary challenges against a handful of "progressive" dems. America's commitment to Israel can never be questioned and they voted "present" once on an aid package of 7 billion dollars in baby-seeking missiles to Israel. antisemitism will never be tolerated in the democrat party. I'm removing you from our mailing list have a great day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

gently caress