Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Congressional dems getting annihilated in 2022 after two years of negotiating themselves down to delivering nothing is a consequence, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

I pray for the death of the demon rats. We should all be on board with this.

listen fat, they're working on it but Joe is still on his first year

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

vyelkin posted:

this is certainly true - it's not like hillary clinton or terry mcauliffe are going to suffer real personal consequences from their losses. but i don't think it's accurate to say that they throw these elections. there is no doubt in my mind that hillary clinton really, desperately wanted to be president in 2016 and tried her absolute hardest to win because she wanted to be president clinton, it's just that she and her entire wing of the party are so out of touch and incompetent that their best turned out to be an abysmal effort that actively alienated everyone who wasnt them, and theyre also so stupid that five years later they're still trying the same losing strategy because it's what resonates with them and their insider friends and they never bother to listen to anybody else to learn that what they think are winning messages actively alienate everyone else

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

John Lewis racking up one pore posthumous L

Kwame woulda won

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

The progressive caucus is much larger than those 6. Like 80 progressives folded on this.

yeah but the definition of "progressive" had already shifted to mean "massive succ lord" after :abuela: started calling herself one

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Smythe posted:

Jennifer Brigid O'Malley Dillon is an American political strategist and campaign manager serving as the White House deputy chief of staff under President Joe Biden. She was the manager of Biden's 2020 presidential campaign. O'Malley Dillon previously served as the manager of Beto O'Rourke's 2020 presidential campaign

the ability of some people to fail upward is truly astounding

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Yeah, I kinda think Klobb turning out to be radioactive while the George Floyd protests were going on ended up catching Biden's team flat footed and they didn't have a backup VP. I didn't think it was going to ever ever be Kamala though after she shanked him in that debate. Abrams checks off most of the same idpol boxes so her not getting picked is even funnier with that in mind

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

CaptainACAB posted:

Literally though the GOP will win in a landslide and use their power to destroy the demonrats as a relevant political force.

they're already irrelevant OP

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Griz posted:

the democrats might be able to save themselves by killing the filibuster and passing that voting rights bill but instead they're just gonna sit there and do nothing while they get gerrymandered into irrelevance

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1330744514689069056

of course in the shape the dems are now this could just as easily turn out to be a 0D map which would be extremely lol

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

https://twitter.com/polialertcom/status/1463231134515539972
take however many seats u thought the dems were gonna lose and double it

Now a bunch of state department spooks are gonna have to work a bunch of unpaid OT explaining to all the right wing dictators we prop up that Joe doesn't mean we're going to stop

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I remember the heady days of late 2008 when people, including myself, thought the republicans were on their way to being a rump southern region party. Amazing how bad the democrat party is to completely reverse that trend in barely more then a decade.

That's happened several times now and the most the Democrats have gotten is two terms before they manage to lose everything again

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

vyelkin posted:

The last time a Democratic president was elected to succeed a Democratic president (i.e., not somebody dying in office) was Buchanan elected to succeed Pierce in 1856. A Democrat has only replaced a Democrat twice in the intervening 165 years, and both times it's because the first one died (FDR and Kennedy).

Put another way, since the creation of the Republican Party in the 1850s the Democrats have never succeeded with an intentional transition of power from one Democratic president to another.

working as intended

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jabberlock posted:

the democrats are going to be defunct by 2026
How could Bernie do this??????

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

full open primaries here so I'm free to vote wherever the lols take me

because electoralism is a joke, you see

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

doesn't matter, everything is susan sarandon's fault so you can't really do anything until she does

odd that the libs have not attempted to curry favor with this all powerful nasty woman

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ardennes posted:

It is about connecting with your jerk bag sociopathic “friends.”

How does Xanax mix with vodka?

That's how they got that Hillary laughing for 10 hours video

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The year after they get destroyed in the midterms they will be able to celebrate 50 years of fundraising off this

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

CaptainACAB posted:

Losing repeatedly to possibly the most hated man in America and the democrats think he's the future lmao

they're right

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Excelzior posted:

throwing wave after waves of expendable poors at the virus until it hits the preprogrammed kill limit and shuts down

whoops looks like you've figured out the plan to get rid of the other 50% of childhood poverty

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Palladium posted:

This year is the most important election ever. More important than the previous one, and less important than the next one.

"May you live in important times" - ancient succ curse

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Kazzah posted:

But also, the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

they've been dead for a while, it's just that the stink is finally getting to be unbearable

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The last chance for the Democrats was in the wake of 2016 when a world historical humiliation would've given the party enough cause to clean house of all the incompetents and take the party in a new direction. Instead they doubled down on their failure being Russia's fault, and clinging to power set themselves up for an even more total humiliation in the near future.

gonna lol when they go exponential by having Hillary run again in 2024

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Lol you're seriously overestimating the 20% swing voters there, who mostly are just swayed by completely asinine bullshit.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

The Democrats would be hilarious, if their intransigence hasn't literally got people killed.

gently caress them. I hope they can't even get on the ballot for a loving municipal dog catcher.

seems like a reasonable thing to not want happen what with Pete being hailed as the future of the democrat party :doggo:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i think if he runs they gotta let him tweet again out of fairness or whatever

they have to ban everyone

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Smythe posted:

i dont think twitter, a private website, has to unban anybody? ?? lawyer goons?? thoughts?? could jeffrey be legally compelled to unban someone who he banned for cause?

Trump will nationalize twitter and finally seize the memes of production

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/1476234293525553158?s=20

As much as I hate to admit it, and I really don't want to see it happen. But Michelle Obama could easily win 2024.

"she's articulate"

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

you're right that he's not like harry potter. he's more like wise old dumblydore who's here to guide us through troubled times before he eventually gives us (americans = harry potter) the reigns. nancy pelosi is like professor mcgonagall and chuck schumer is like hagrid. donald trump is voldemort (covid is nagini) and the GOP are the death eaters. hillary clinton is the phoenix who shall rescue us in our moment of need.

tired: death eaters

wired: brunch eaters

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I want you to name one thing Hillary stood for in 2016

Just one thing

Something she really cared about and campaigned on

No one will ever know because it would have required going to her website to find out

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ex post facho posted:

he'll be able to work across the aisle!!

*secures 0 Republican Senate votes and loses 2 Democrat votes*

lol

Probably should have got elected 30 years ago when all his senate buddies were still alive

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

congratulations to new soctus justice beau biden

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

uh

capitalism

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Kazzah posted:

The democrats are about 8% destroyed

8% ødeleggelse

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ex post facho posted:

the delta between the campaign promises and what's actually getting delivered has to be one of the largest for any administration, those approval numbers might crash to the low 30s before november

But the jobs!

Please ignore any possible correlation between increase in available jobs and number of covid deaths

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

It was for saying you'd vote for Biden, admitting you did, or telling anyone they should.

It was a very easy deal not to break, especially if you're not even American, I think he was the only one to end up failing it.

I have to stand by my nojoe because :10bux: is a lot of money to me considering Joe owes me 60 of them

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Tricky D posted:

LF will rise from the ashes

Larry, Free

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Is Biden to the left of any president before Reagan? Any at all in any way?

is he to the left of any president after Reagan?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I heard a rumor recently that the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

more and more people saying this

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The Democrats in November:

the democrats already have a pretty good metaphor going right now with that big burning barge full of luxury cars that the crew noped out on when poo poo started looking bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Cloks posted:

at least he's not a frigging cheeto, y'all

white cheetos are a thing and the fact that they look like sun bleached dog turds just makes me identify them more with Joe