Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Just have to keep cutting until that number is 100% and then we will finally be safe from voting for policies that someone might not like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The Democratic party has transformed into a profit-driven machine that seeks to maximize donations and thus promotes those who are best at securing donations. One of the best ways to get donations is to be the opposition party out of power, which makes the most reliable way to get donations is to lose elections. Therefore, people who lose elections get promoted within the Democratic party. That's why they're such losers. Not through intention or forethought, but by a near Darwinian mechanic whereby losers get the most donations and therefore staff the Democratic party.

Thank you for you time.

By this logic wouldn't the Democrats also be incentivized to bolster the most psychotic opposition possible as well, in order to help open the panicky donation taps

But that can't be right

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

DoubleDonut posted:

thinkin about the LATER, KIDDO person

:champ:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

hailthefish posted:

the part that gets me red mad and nude is the same loving people who do the most hooting and hollering about 9 dimensional chess team sports go blue boo red are the people who will try to rub the cataclysmic consequences for regular people in your face if you call them out for having an understanding of politics that consists entirely of a blue foam finger and the great man theory of history

pats fans do the same thing

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

OhFunny posted:

So why is 49 votes enough to pass something in the Senate now?
They only need more votes when it's things the Democrats are going to vote against but would like you to be a credulous bootlock and pretend they would vote for them if only, like healthcare or money for starving American children

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Wheeee posted:

you: the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

the democrats in 2022: lol we just raised another billion dollars and nobody important lost their seat

The future of the #Resistance is Dianne Feinstein and Nancy Pelosi hooked up to twin golden thrones; everybody else works in the Trump family dogfood factories and is forced to read a constant stream of fundraising emails from both parties that are literally indistinguishable from each other

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

oh word our reproductive rights could be in danger?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I'm glad they waited long enough to get a video clip of Mayor Pete saying babies starving to death is not his fault or problem before doing this, bless

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

Biden has a plan to tackle inflation, and it's to tell jpow to fix it

fastly

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Democrats' strategy of doing gently caress all and then vote scolding vs Republicans' strategy of eliminating the problem of people voting against them entirely

quote:

The plan, as outlined by a Republican National Committee staffer in Michigan, includes utilizing rules designed to provide political balance among poll workers to install party-trained volunteers prepared to challenge voters at Democratic-majority polling places, developing a website to connect those workers to local lawyers and establishing a network of party-friendly district attorneys who could intervene to block vote counts at certain precincts.

“Being a poll worker, you just have so many more rights and things you can do to stop something than [as] a poll challenger,” said Matthew Seifried, the RNC’s election integrity director for Michigan, stressing the importance of obtaining official designations as poll workers in a meeting with GOP activists in Wayne County last Nov. 6. It is one of a series of recordings of GOP meetings between summer of 2021 and May of this year obtained by POLITICO.

Backing up those front-line workers, “it’s going to be an army,” Seifried promised at an Oct. 5 training session. “We’re going to have more lawyers than we’ve ever recruited, because let’s be honest, that’s where it’s going to be fought, right?”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/01/gop-contest-elections-tapes-00035758

i wonder which will be more effective???

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Agean90 posted:

Imagine how much of a slam dunk it would have been for the democrats to just bypass legislature and have the parties buy baby formula, send it to where it's needed and hand that poo poo out for free with COURTESY OF DIAMOND JOE AND THE DEMOCRATS on a fuckoff sized banner. Imagine if everytime the Republicans stonewalled them in Congress they'd just do something like that. All these years all the donor bucks and they just sit on them

That would be a diversion of critical resources away from the sucker -> dnc -> consultant grifter -> ad buying grifter -> focus group running grifter -> ad producing grifter supply chain

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

oscarthewilde posted:

gently caress, i hate this so much. the rationalisation of the social is the one of the worst consequences of enlightenment liberalism, and I hate it so much. reducing thick, indeterminate concepts to loving points is a gateway drug to neoliberal means-testing and glorifying the free market as the rational solution to all of mankind's problems. adorno, horkheimer and kaczyinsky were loving right

You don't have enough points for this opinion, please edit your post tia

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

lol wasn't the biggest issue with the formula shortage also that the specialty ones are missing as well

but hey they did... something

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

joepinetree posted:

Most democrats really aren't aware of how out of touch they are. I always remember Obama's old plan to "fix" student debt. The idea was that the government would create a ranking of universities based on metrics like % who graduate on time and % who remain enrolled, and reducing student loans available to students enrolled at universities and colleges who got low scores on those criteria. And it was on the verge of being adopted, until community colleges organized themselves to point out that it is very common for students of communities colleges who also work to take semesters off, or just be part time students, and that as such this would essentially devastate community colleges.

Now, stop and think about that for a second: all the "experts" in the Obama admin simply did not think about community colleges in their college plan, despite it being by far the largest type of institution in the US by enrollment. Democrat higher ups are essentially incapable of imagining the world of people who haven't been chasing prestige and credentials from birth.

Also classic Dem policy in that the solution was punitive because that's free* while actually helping anyone costs money and that's hard don't you know we need that political capital to send more missiles to Ukraine

*except for the pmc grifters who operate the program but that's just a lil skim off all the money you save by means testing people into the gutter

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

hailthefish posted:

lmao

yeah show me all the powerpoints you want about how great The Economy is, it won't change the fact I'll never be able to own a home, never be able to retire, hell I'll be stuck sharing a studio apartment with 2-3 other people until I loving blow my brains out lmao

unsourced hearsay, where's your thinktank's powerpoint presentation hmmm

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

It's genuinely hard for me to understand that reaction of "well the overall economy is doing great!" when the complaining person is saying "high gas and food prices are making my life much harder"

The first thing doesn't in any way address the second thing so why are you bringing it up?

The democrats completely stopped doing anything positive legislatively about five decades ago and now prefer to simply tell you to shut the gently caress up and vote for them or else you're defacto supporting New Hitler by your absence of support for Current Hindenburg

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Srice posted:

.1 seconds after they officially lose the house, they are gonna rant about how defund the police caused them to lose

They've never stopped ranting about that

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

The baby formula shortage continued to worsen last week despite actions from the Biden administration to ease constraints, according to retail tracking data.

Out-of-stock rates climbed to 74% nationally for the week ending May 28, according to data on 130,000 stores followed by Datasembly. The increase comes after rates spiked to 70% for the week ending May 21 from 45% the week prior.

Ten states now have out-of-stock rates at 90% or greater, including Arizona, Mississippi, California, Nevada, Tennessee, Rhode Island, Louisiana, Florida and Washington. Georgia is the hardest hit at 94%, a jump from 74% the week before.

stop helping republicans you monster

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nix Panicus posted:

Kai Ryssdal both kept my baby brain asleep and nodding to the liberal world view and accelerated my transition to left wing crank. Once you even begin to suspect that he might actually be full of poo poo his delivery becomes infuriating

This but everything on NPR. The second you start double checking what they're saying or looking up who funded the last guest, the smug, knowing, entitled delivery of every single piece becomes infuriating.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

Looks like the Dems are stretching the definition of the word "compromise" here:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1536015973324562435

Basically they agreed with the GOP's idea of doing nothing, but they will still try to run on this as a major accomplishment in 2022.

wrong

quote:

The agreement would offer money to states to enact and put in place “red flag” laws that make it easier to temporarily take guns from people considered potentially violent, plus funds to bolster school safety and mental health programs.

Congressional aides said billions of dollars would be spent expanding the number of community mental health centers and suicide prevention programs. But they said some spending decisions are unresolved, as are final wording on juvenile records and other gun provisions that might prove contentious.

it's not nothing, it's going to be billions of dollars for cops

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ocean Book posted:

:xd: can’t wait to see what all this political capital gets spent on.

Winning the next election duh

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

um actually :smugdog:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: at that huge dip proving we could absolutely reduce homelessness by a lot and are choosing every day to just not do that

literally had these loving monsters claiming they cut child poverty in half and doing superbowl end zone dance over it on tv and then whistling and walking away when they let those programs expire

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

i love how much kamala harris obviously hated that

of all the public figures i know, kamala harris seems like the one who hates her life and everything she does on a daily basis the most

i dont think ive ever seen her say something that felt authentic or happy or like it wasnt workshopped and coached fifty times before she said it, just like the world's most awkward and uncomfortable human in a series of situations she doesn't want to be in but is doing anyway because that's how you get the high score

very zuck-like actually, although you do see flashes of genuine happiness when zuck talks about his hosed up beef plantation or money

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

the denial is only going to make the crash funnier

They're just replaying 2016 on ng+

DoubleDonut posted:

they should do their own jan 6 if they lose the election

if trump actually did End Democracy Forever they'll strap on maga hats and get jobs at the department for truth management the same day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

iirc back in 2020 Biden was the only dem candidate in the primaries who never acknowledged that police brutality is bad, and instead only ever promised to prosecute BLM protesters who were "violent"

quote:

Joe Biden first ran for U.S. Senate in 1972 as the Vietnam War was entering its waning years. He was not a tenacious anti-war voice, nor did he embrace the anti-war movement, saying he was “not big on flak jackets and tie-dye shirts.” Biden described himself at the time as being married, in law school, and wearing sports coats. He professed a “lack of moral outrage” at the war. He described walking through campus with law school friends one day and seeing other students occupying office buildings in protest. “They were taking over the building,” Biden said. “And we looked up and said, ‘Look at these assholes.’ That’s how far apart from the anti-war movement I was.”

Joe Biden was a piece of poo poo when we was literally going to school with vietnam protesters; he never even had a performative era like pelosi or aoc did, just straight up dropped out of the college Young Democrat diecast machine into a senate seat