Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mannequin 3: Stolen Valour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

last christmas I drank a lot and played superhotVR with the inlaws and it was great, nothing beats jeopardising the living room furniture by blindly jumping around in a space hat

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Ypres Pan

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Julio Cruz posted:

can we really not think of something better to criticise Boris over than "he fat lol"

thread is very inconsistent on when it's OK to poke fun at someone's appearance and when it's not.

he is fat though lol

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Rustybear posted:

Forget presents at xmas; we've just re-fixed my nan's energy tariff and with a bit of wrangling it's risen £800pa, the default rollover would have been a £2000pa rise.

Fortunately younger members of the family were on hand to a. sort out the best deal (essentially impossible if you don't have the internet, which at 96 she doesn't) and b. have a whip round to foot some of the additional cost.

How many other people won't be so fortunate; if the temperature drops for any significant period people will genuinely freeze this winter.

Can't help but feel all the polling collapses might have an awful lot more to do with hard realities than any awareness of Westminster intrigues

had an email from Octopus today saying that my 12 month fixed rate is ending and since the energy market is so volatile the monthly rate for next year is more than double what it is now, then ended by saying if I shopped around I could find a cheaper deal elsewhere lol

at least if it gets too cold I can chuck a match on the outside cladding for a bit of warmth

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Kin posted:

Any idea what you're going to do? According to Martin Lewis all of the fixed rates, even from Octopus, are likely to be higher than the price cap, so it's better to just fall into the variable rate. Though someone here said that the price cap isn't applicable to renewable energy.

it looks likely that the price cap is going up by another £300 in a matter of months so I guess I'll fix again when it expires since you wouldnt want to be on a variable rate in whatever that energy market looks like. I'm wary of trying to find the lowest deal since all the small providers are circling the drain at this point.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

speedran a fall from grace and then considered the only way out of a lovely situation of his own creation was to eat a bullet. it sucks that he never found it in himself to work on his mental health and try to be a better person if only for the sake of his children. He died a villain and thats how he will be remembered now.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

lol

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Noxville posted:

Kicking myself for not looking into it earlier, the anxiety feels like it's eating a hole in my stomache, it's causing tension with my wife since I think she thinks I'm blaming her for it and I have no idea what to do. :smith:

If you agreed to the works anywhere else other than their office or place of business, then its subject to the usual 14 days cooling off period that you can bail on at any time. If it's longer than that it's a tricky one because it would be pretty trivial for them to demonstrate that you have agreed a scope of works (and a cost?), whether a physical contract is signed or not, and that they've ordered materials for you and turned down work elsewhere. Its likely that in the absence of a deposit having been paid they'd put up a cancellation fee.

Citizens Advice on building work.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

ThomasPaine posted:

I don't understand the shopping trolley emoji in this tweet

I think he's referring to 'the market'?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Prospect also isn't allowed to have any political affiliation because they represent civil servants, if that matters to you at all.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I did my electrical apprenticeship in my late 20's and there were three guys older than me in my class retraining from other lines of work. Former cab driver, a production line dude and a doorman. As long as your assignment stuff and portfolio submissions go in on time the teachers are generally too tied up chasing around after the younger guys to do their key skills stuff to bother you too much. It was a lot of self-driven work which was new to me at the time, but I'm glad I did it. You can PM me for the tedious details if it interests you.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

there's a full time lamper employed in my building to change light bulbs. Admittedly it's a pretty big building and there's a lot of light bulbs, but a 33k salary to change lightbulbs seems pretty good

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

:rip:

E: so basically they won't let her out because they don't think she'll survive winter?

she's already carked op and the machine keeping her technically alive will be turned off at an opportune moment

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Albinator posted:

That's a 16 year old strip...

up pops a smiling prince andrew

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

all humans should live densely imo, as densely as possible, in a giant horrifying hive city. or rendered entirely into a fatty homogenate if possible

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Blair advocating war predicated on the most dubious of pretexts!? :monocle:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Failed Imagineer posted:

That's obviously insane, but the fact that you'd even need heating on overnight implies the place has absolutely zero insulation - my 1940s hovel doesn't need any heating between 10pm and 8am even when it's below zero outside, and it stays about a comfy 16C, perfect for sleeping. Maybe drops a little lower by morning time but not much

I have a 10 year old flat with more insulation than any other construction material but I have to run the heating overnight to prevent the mass of glass from generating 69420 litres of condensation because its basically airtight.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

There aren't any windows, every room on the exterior wall just has floor to ceiling glass in aluminium frames with a door in the middle. Trickle vents are always open but opening the entire door isn't really viable because A.) 24hr off license downstairs with all the shouty people that attracts at 3am, and B.) it's cold out and we have babby.

We don't have any mould though strangely enough. I bought a big honeywell dehumidifier to run when we're drying clothes etc and it seems to do a pretty good job. But these flats are basically hermetically sealed. No airflow for you!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

we're going to run out of Greek letters at this rate, looking forward to adopting the street fighter naming convention and getting Super Covid-19 EX2 Plus.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I don't think I've ever sat down at a computer and not ended up having a stroke :wiggle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Endjinneer posted:

almost feels like we might not gently caress it up

get a load of this guy