Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Methinks an estate agent is about to get sued out of existence for failing to do any money laundering checks whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Lt. Danger posted:

the same could be said of all capitalists

But enough talk! HAVE AT YOU!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

VR is the absolute tits, and it's still pretty much in its infancy. I mean it always has been, except now the tech is actually good enough to sustain a market.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm swiftly reaching the opinion that anyone who votes is basically a collaborator.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is there any kind of movement dedicated to encouraging people not to vote in an effort to delegitimise the entire political system, that feels the only thing I'd be willing to get behind right now.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It does if people start questioning why these bloated, hateful fucks have any say over our lives, and that has to start with people not feeling like they have a duty to give them a seal of approval every five years no matter how little they actually like them. The number of people who think that you don't have a right to complain if you don't vote is distressingly large.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

poo poo.

Guess I'll grow my hair out then, make my voice a bit nasally, see where that goes.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Remember, the only thing people get discriminated over is which genitals they want to combine with each other. Absolutely no other aspect of your tastes or proclivities that fail to conform to heteronormative standards will be judged, and it is definitely totally divorced from the struggle that I fought and personally won forever.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Bit on the nose to call herself a dinosaur tbh.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

happyhippy posted:

And it just got noticed recently due to the slightly brown sheen on the top of waters that has always been there, is now a four inch thick layer of diarrhea.

Yeah, it's easy enough to say that rivers are naturally a bit unclean, it's a different story when the seas are depositing big foamy turds on the beaches that immediately sprout vegetables.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Unfortunately that requires the government to see them as human, which really isn't their strong suit.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

E: ^^^^^ I believe the term is 'artisanally crafted'.

I once went to view a room somewhere, found a wide street running down the side of some houses (not even in front of them) that seemed suitable, with pavements and room for road parking on both sides, without too many cars on, and I barely made it five steps from my car before some dickhead came running out to ask how long I was going to be.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

What happens around here is you have a core village or mill town from back then with a butcher, baker, greengrocer, general store, etc, then surround the whole place with roads only new builds where it's easier to go from your driveway to Tesco 2 miles away than it is to go into the village and buy a loaf of bread.

I think this is what was meant by saying that rural areas are built by absolute cretins. The original builders knew perfectly well what they were doing, the modern day planners didn't think for a second that maybe it's actually good to have some local cohesion and also not require everyone in the countryside to have an expensive metal box.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I see no lie here, adequate =/= plentiful, varied or delicious.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Lower Decks could definitely be a bit less breathlessly enamoured with its own references and I'd like it to dial down the comedy a touch more in otherwise more serious moments, but it's easily closer to classic Trek than Discovery or Picard. The training episode where Boimler keeps speedrunning the Borg cube to get a perfect score is incredible.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh yeah, the moth-eaten cat doctor of course continues a fine tradition of Star Trek doctors, she's great.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

My power is out, the apocalypse is in fact already here.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Guess I'll keep not going anywhere and fastidiously masking up then. :shrug:

Although I have a new housemate who unfortunately works in retail, so I'll say my farewells now.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

An idle thought that crossed my mind today is that the pandemic had the possibility to let people get a bit more perspective on incarceration and the severity of crime. Most people were climbing up the walls after a few months of lockdown, and they generally had an entire house or flat filled with personal possessions, entertainment and company, with daily allowances for outdoor exercise and grocery shopping. And yet apparently they couldn't handle even a fraction of what we expect criminals to endure.

Of course that isn't going to happen because we couldn't even get people to normalise wearing a mask when they clearly have a transmittable illness, but it's nice to dream I guess.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Flayer posted:

Are you an indentured servant? Why has your landlord got control over your heating?

Not a UK resident I take it?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I should be able to get a booster in time for Xmas now, so what's the booster efficacy like at 3 months over 6? Not that it's going to stop me getting it of course, just curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Imagine approaching anything related to work without a permanent state of inebriation.