Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

Article explicitly says that the talented chuds are all clustered on the offensive side, making their ability to defend p poo poo.

You don't have to be a chud to take chud money friend. At the very least places with more deniability as a "platform for people to just ask questions" could hire decently reputable MSSPs* and choose not to, and there are definitely defense side people who will take boat money every so often to manage the security side of things and don't give a gently caress about who or what they're doing it for.

*Well, as reputable as any of those business can be at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Defenestrategy posted:

You don't have to be a chud to take chud money friend. At the very least places with more deniability as a "platform for people to just ask questions" could hire decently reputable MSSPs* and choose not to, and there are definitely defense side people who will take boat money every so often to manage the security side of things and don't give a gently caress about who or what they're doing it for.

*Well, as reputable as any of those business can be at least.

Well yeah, a tenant of the far right faith is "you don't get rich by giving money to other people" so only the ideologically motivated work for them

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's Hellworld 2021. Given where we are a Twitter CEO that ruthlessly exploits everyone and everything around them strictly for the most money is an improvement over Jack "Nazi-coddler" Dorsey.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

bird food bathtub posted:

It's Hellworld 2021. Given where we are a Twitter CEO that ruthlessly exploits everyone and everything around them strictly for the most money is an improvement over Jack "Nazi-coddler" Dorsey.

Yup. They're required to block those accounts in countries that have strong hate speech laws such as France and Germany so they know how to identify them. They decided it's just fine to let them operate elsewhere to signal boost their message, as this makes user numbers go up.

I forget who said it but sites should be judged by the worst content they tolerate. I know SA isn't perfect but I do appreciate if some bozo showed up with a swastika AV they'd be perma'd within the hour.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bird food bathtub posted:

It's Hellworld 2021.

Hellworld got cancelled when Jill Biden decided to cancel Melania's Nightmare Before Christmas:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1465371919314792453?t=KbpaxD47-zDh8SnJml5wPw&s=19

https://twitter.com/sadmonsters/status/1463535205457801234?t=3Qluv_rqESH7iHzK1sco0w&s=19

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Are those real trees? they look fabricated. Like someone made trees out of those shag carpet toilet lid covers

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

they look like the photographer hosed up and loaded a roll of Aerochrome

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Melania's trees were fake, yes. Gotta stay on brand.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

It’s just that defense is hard, cyber security is expensive and chud groups that aren’t sponsored by billionaires or governments don’t have the money to afford them, has lots of members that aren’t willing to do basic opsec even more so than the left, and don’t think about opsec or just keeping it simple and secure because the government generally doesn’t go after them.

I was a (very junior) cyber security analyst and I think the “right wing IT people are on the offensive side” is nonsense, it’s nearly the exact same skill set. It’s just a question of both who can afford it plus the fact that the right creates giant targets by openly creating giant centralized formal paramilitary orgs, something the left just can’t do.

Compared to the past most of the worlds best hacking groups are state or organized crime motivated by money/power, the era of lone political hackers being the main thing is past. Hackers like Phineas phisher, Jeremy Hammond, Weev and deletescape are the minority.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 29, 2021

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Serious SCP energy on the last tweet.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Bored As gently caress posted:

How far-right extremist groups face exposure from army of hacktivists
Data leaks and breaches by so-called ‘ethical hackers’ – often assisted by poor security practices – have exposed inner workings of groups and the nature of the movement as a whole

Hacktivists doing god's work. Also it seems like every single thing the alt-right and ultra conservatives and Trumpers do has hilariously bad cyber security and basically leave open windows and doors everywhere.

They never learned the first rule of White Club: do not talk about White Club

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So this is legit good news
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1465419679762194451

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

That is excellent really glad to see this.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Serious SCP energy on the last tweet.

Red trees are tacky, but I'd nope right out of this:

The Trumps weren't the first to go for unsettling Christmas photos at the White House though.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Terrifying Effigies posted:

The Trumps weren't the first to go for unsettling Christmas photos at the White House though.

This is mostly a product of bad lighting and bad photography, but I feel that that tree would be creepy enough in any context.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Platystemon posted:

This is mostly a product of bad lighting and bad photography, but I feel that that tree would be creepy enough in any context.

Yea, the dolls in the trees are certainly a decision.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Red trees are tacky, but I'd nope right out of this:

Honestly, that kinda owns. Also, find a video of Melania saying “Fashion,” which I capitalize here because when she says Fashion, she says it capitalized. Like someone describing intense passion but with an f.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Good luck to them.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

mlmp08 posted:

Honestly, that kinda owns. Also, find a video of Melania saying “Fashion,” which I capitalize here because when she says Fashion, she says it capitalized. Like someone describing intense passion but with an f.

She's just so used to hearing the etymological phonetic root passionately used on another word.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 30, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

She's just so used to hearing the etymological root passionately used on another word.

They’re like “isle” and “island” in that they feel like they should share a root, but they do not.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

mlmp08 posted:

Honestly, that kinda owns. Also, find a video of Melania saying “Facism,” which I capitalize here because when she says Facism, she says it capitalized. Like someone describing intense passion but with an f.

Teehee

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

Its straight out of Delia Deetz's mind.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Unrelated to anything, but can we get fewer stickied threads? On awful app on this forum I have to scroll down to get past them all

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Best Friends posted:

Unrelated to anything, but can we get fewer stickied threads? On awful app on this forum I have to scroll down to get past them all
Could always bookmark it in the app :shrug:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Marcus Aurelius posted:

When everything is sticky, nothing is sticky.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I will be the last 'actually goes to individual forums to navigate' guy on the site even if it kills* me

*Occasionally takes slightly longer

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Everyone doesn't browse through the user control panel?!?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There is one interesting thread in each forum that I don’t bookmark in an attempt to force myself to see the topic list occasionally.

Sometimes it works out poorly because too many posts pile up and I declare posting bankruptcy.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Best Friends posted:

I will be the last 'actually goes to individual forums to navigate' guy on the site even if it kills* me

*Occasionally takes slightly longer

there's another option??

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Cugel the Clever posted:

Could always bookmark it in the app :shrug:

Yeah but then you gotta remember to do that every month, like geez you gonna make me work for it? :effort:

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Andrew Callaghan returned to Talladega.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tuYIXi6nTQ

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Discussion Quorum posted:

Yeah but then you gotta remember to do that every month, like geez you gonna make me work for it? :effort:
Feature request

maffew buildings posted:

there's another option??

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wasabi the J posted:

They never learned the first rule of White Club: do not talk about White Club

They can't help it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J80ZSjJzf5Y&t=22s

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Bless their little racist hearts!

:commissar:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

:discourse:

Discussion Quorum posted:

:justpost:, why do you think the first two pages are always a bunch of dumb poo poo?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Opened that thread voted one moved on thanks

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In good news. This came out today. It’s also read by Mel.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JackMurphyRGR/status/1465522183271297025?t=k1-jVp0Vmzcki8h1dNLK2A&s=19

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

She looks like she just did an eightball...or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Pretty high praise considering the source