Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Handsome Ralph posted:

As of right now, Canada is up 2-0. If Mexico loses, that's three straight loses on the national level which is very schadenfreudey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Waterloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also in further small dick news

I'm not really looking for extra projects right now, but if someone did want to make a news aggregator for dumb stuff or a simple relink joke, https://www.smalldicknews.com is available and a pretty memorable URL.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Wrong Theory posted:

Alright, so, someone smarter than me (it's a low bar I promise), does this set any sort of precedent? Or am I wrong in how that works?

I suspect nobody in a Wisconson court will submit evidence via Apple Airdrop for at least several years.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Nuclear War posted:

Why would russia invade Ukraine? occupying a huge country full of angry people who don't want them there and with NATO (or at least poland and the US) making sure the occupation is difficult and expensive and makes the Russians destroy their fragile economy sounds counterproductive.
nah, they posture like this a few times a year, and i assume they get what they want from it domestically and by cowing Ukraine and reminding the West not to take any NATO membership applications seriously.

I dunno, why did they do it the last time?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
What's a DV charge?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Gotcha, thanks.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I think a statistical argument for that is plausible, and I can't get a true understanding of positioning without someone doing some legwork on a map. However, in the very narrow time window of "right before those barricades" this seems like a trolley problem with little girls and grannies on one track, and the driver plus someone's yard on the other.

vv well nvm then, I misunderstood the timing.

piL fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 23, 2021

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Milo and POTUS posted:

Diversifying my investments by buying shares of a strip club

Not a good investment if the military is going away.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Milo and POTUS posted:

They'll have to go somewhere

Touche.

But don't touche the dancers.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

FrozenVent posted:

I’ve got a Chevy bolt, it owns. That is all.

I have a Chevy Volt which, other than being a poor name (V and B are almost the same sound) and being discontinued, is awesome.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

I think Greek letters may be a poor naming system.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

maffew buildings posted:

https://streamable.com/h46l18

pretty massive news/breakthrough not sure why media is ignoring this unless they just want to keep stoking fear

Just mainlining Old Bay like a Marylander

Edit:

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I lather myself in old bay crab salt nightly so I’m basically immortal at this point.

:crabdrugs:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Woof Blitzer posted:

If someone could pass the NDAA so I can have a loving budget to buy poo poo that would be great, thanks.

Next SECDEF: Marie Kondo?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Burt posted:

UK is back to wearing masks in shops and public transport from Tuesday.

Can't quite get my head around why Tuesday, why not just say "wear a mask from right now"?

I think the idea is that you don't want to enforce things without notice. Should people go ahead and wear a mask in those cases? Yes. If someone gets denied a critical service or working hours or gets the cops called on them because yesterday the rule was one way and today its another that might cause some social harm. Hopefully most people are already putting them on and asking their customers to do the same, and its about applicability of enforcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Marcus Aurelius posted:

When everything is sticky, nothing is sticky.