Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

That is... bleak.

How do democracies overcome the career politician class? The Ontario NDP (theoretically the progressives) are currently being led by someone who's lost every consecutive provincial election since I was old enough to vote, including most recently to Doug Ford. It creates the perspective of a party apparatus more interested in collecting steady paycheques for being the third party in the legislature instead of actually trying to win elections.

These people seem to stand for nothing except maintaining the status quo for their own benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I'm still amazed by this. Not only the accuracy, but how it came from an era where most future predictions bordered on Star Trek levels of naïve optimism.

I've never seen TOS, but in defense of 90s Trek both TNG and DS9 leaned into some sort of societal collapse happening before anything got better.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Cugel the Clever posted:

I was completely unaware of just how much the new admin has reduced done strikes.
https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1465700856037212162?t=-WLLwi_Tp5G0Y61jE5fzAw&s=19

Was the amount of strikes in 2017 just business as usual under the GWOT or a spike related to the anti-ISIS campaign?

e: totally missed that this was specifically for Yemen.