Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A human being would just give WFP the money- it's literally nothing to him.

I hate people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wait, does this dude think that if you return from the dead, you are President?
I am utterly confused as to the mental leaps required there. It's wrinkling my brain.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My Spirit Otter posted:

technically he never finished his term, so im sure theres a case

But he will be dead again before an injunction will be filed.
I am so confused at to the logic here. Like, I need all these dots connected.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

You know, it sucks that I worked so hard to preserve human life while 2/3 of the military think it's a loving game.

E- not actually upset, it's just bitterness talking, because it's gross how callous we are with other people's lives.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I have always hated crowds.
Persons are fine- people are stupid. They are panicky animals.

This only got worse after seeing protests become riots where people decided grenades were the same as beach balls.

I am so just loving angry and sad at that bullshit. It's not an unknown thing in these situations. People are dead because humans are so loving callous.

We need a better plague

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I knew who he was as an entity, that he existed. Never heard his work, and his McD's meal was loving stupid.

This really but a poo poo carpet on my day. I'm going to take a nap with my dog, Detective Tubbs Lumpkins, MD. He's got a head start. (Related to the good Dogtor- does anyone else have an bulldog that is a cuddlebug attached at their hip? Dunno if it's breed, or just this lump)

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That all seems unnecessarily convoluted. Why not just strap an anti tank missile to a drone like we do when we want to assassinate someone?

Because that would require giving up deniability, and makes the hit traceable back to specific. COTS products and modified munitions are much, MUCH cheaper, and add not only plausible deniability, but the ability to do the attack from uncontrolled/denied airspace

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah, but did they get room temp Big Macs?

:smuggo:

Oh, the slightly hyped story from the coming book "Betrayal" is that Trump threatened to leave the GOP, and said he is happy with them losing forever, without him and his supporters.

Yawn.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I was just telling my son this morning that I might revisit the North Korea Nuke Attack Report book.

"Now that it's alternative historical fiction, and not a teaser for tonight's news, I can probably enjoy it more."

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My favorite alien invasion is Falling Skies. It's a fairly low budget tv show, but was solid and had some more realistic aspects to the concept. And the opening scene is kid's voice overs played while showing kid's crayon drawings of the alien's arrival and opening attacks.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I forgot to add, that opening is one of my favorite gut punches in entertainment. It's rough in the right ways.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I've done a bunch of PSD work in theater.

The fact only one idiot got killed is pretty impressive, because as soon as they breached, I'd have started popping grapes like winery.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Best Friends posted:

I realize this sounds like a troll but I fully mean it: if you're watching hours of youtubes about when you should and should not be shooting people, go to therapy instead. I guarantee your life is not that dangerous, and fixating on the use of lethal force is not doing your mental health any favors.

I will disagree with you completely. I'm not saying everywhere, anytime is Fallujah; but I saw my first violent crime- with death- before I started elementary school. I was held up at knife point in elementary school.

The world can be dangerous as hell, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with making yourself smarter in safety. His videos are mostly AARs with Lessons Learned and passed on, because it reminds people the world is dangerous. You don't want to be the last dipshit with his dick in the hand when the music stops.

I'm not saying it can't be unhealthy, but to tell people the world isn't a dangerous place when it absolutely is, and there is no shame in learning to be safer. Most of his videos are more about avoiding incidents, and increasing basic survival skills that people forget (like not staring at your phone).

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I find the idea of carrying a gun full-time weird enough, but hammer back? In what loving universe do you need to do that?

Every time you want to carry a 1911. It's the safest practical way to carry the pistol loaded. It's the way it's designed.

If it's possible to carry a gun in Single Action with a safety, I do. My personal Beretta doesn't even decock specifically because I prefer to carry it the way I carry a 1911.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I carry with the mindset that the gun is a tool- a very specialized tool for very specific instances.

I don't want to use any tool I carry- it means something went wrong, however minor, and interrupted someone's day. The absolute last tool I want to use is violence. But rest assured, if I have resorted to violence, OPFOR made that decision, not me. I don't like violence- it gives me a sad, icky feeling, but I am more than comfortable hurting someone who has forced the issue. If I have to use anything, I prefer my flashlight or leatherman- I'd much rather help someone find something or fix something.

I know I've shared it before, but my Drill Sergeant (a dude I would love to reconnect with and thank, as cheesy as that sounds) gave us the following advice- Walk away. Avoid the fight. You win every fight you avoid. Buy 'em a drink, whatever to deescalate. The next part is pretty much verbatim- "But men, if they force the issue, you put their dick in the dirt. You win that loving fight."

The problem is, guns are tools, not totems. People will confuse the two. It sounds trite, but I have a mental use of force that begins before I open my mouth. Words are weapons, and in that same toolkit.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My local dispensary offers a 20% vet discount on all purchases; you can even stack sales, to a max of 30% discount on most sales (some let you go higher) I try to max my savings, and last re-up, between sales/discount/rewards points, I ended up getting 1200$ value for 600$. They didn't count regular 5$ or 10$ off towards the max discount.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Bored As gently caress posted:

So Ukraine says Russia has 100k troops on its border.

Not good.

Also Russia has been upgrading their troops gear. They're much more capable now than they were when they invaded Georgia in 2008.

https://youtu.be/XiPfhIXF1vU

They've been using Crimea as a testing bed since that invasion, too.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Stamped from the Beginning should be required text in HS

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My favorite thing to do around guys from Regiment is ask them about SEALs. It's always amusing. My favorite was "oh, you mean bootleg Navy Rangers?"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

"It's just a joke!" didn't work for Kathy Griffin.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Getting real North Haverbrook vibes there.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I don't believe in violence for the sake of violence as a general rule.

However, give me a locked room, immunity, and 100$ at Harbor Freight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Tyro posted:

My brain just auto-fills "Omicron Persei 8"

Same.