Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol at Manchin "holding the spending bill hostage won't get my vote"

*continues to hold spending bill hostage*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Almost makes you wonder if it's worth trying to go after those republicans that are declining to run next election and seeing if they can flip one or a few.

Lol it would never happen. Someone else would just gently caress it up the very next day.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maybe we're the crazy ones did you ever think that

No, but the VA did.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol, air force deadline for covid vaccine is today, 10-12k morons possibly on the block for disobeying a lawful order.

https://www.airforcemag.com/air-force-covid-vaccines-trainees-airmen-discipline/

Give them all articles and set them to mowing lawns with scissors or clearing snow with a spoon.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Sounds like a job for Mingo One!

I can't wait to see the army vaccine date to roll around. Gonna be some good looking battalion and brigade headquarters with all that labor in the near future.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Woof Blitzer posted:

People are being told to drop retirement papers or get brought up on article charges. By the end of the week supposedly.

Lol. Awesome.

I haven't been paying attention but I'm surprised I haven't heard comparisons between the covid vax and the anthrax series of 17~ years ago. I'm sure some idiot is clamoring somewhere thinking "the anthrax vax was made optional and this will be too" but I haven't heard it yet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
What are the odds an impersonator caught wind of this and will show up today?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The whole thing doesn't make any sense. Jr has been dead for 20~ years. The anniversary of the assassination is 20 days away. And why would Jr appear on the grassy hill instead of from the book repository window, or just in the middle of the road in a convertible Continental? Wouldn't it be more logical that he appear in the ocean off the coast of New England? Flying a ghost plane?

On top of that, the whole dead lib son of a dead lib (for the time) president to join forces with trump to own the libs? What?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MazelTovCocktail posted:

And Catholic too. Like I don't mean to imply there aren't tons of crazy Catholics into Q stuff, but I suspect it follows more with Protestantism and Evangelicals.

I wasn't even thinking about the religious end of it but lol how many catholics are mad that Biden is president.

And that the pope keeps telling him to take communion. Lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Tracy Morgan is the new voice of Early on the last season of Squidbillies.

Loving everything about that change.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ded posted:

eating literal dirt to own the libs

He's making molds of his colon.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can't wait to vote against her next year.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nice. Any crypto. Lol. I hope the IRS opens a whole new wing to audit that poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Burt posted:

As an outsider looking in, why would the Dems who voted against this bill do so? Didn't go far enough is my initial reasoning, am I far off here?

Because they wanted the build back better social bill to pass first, or in tandem with infrastructure. Now the leverage for the BBB social bill is pretty much gone.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Youngkin's underage son tried to vote twice for his daddy.

https://www.newser.com/story/313055/election-officials-stopped-youngkins-son-17-from-voting.html posted:

Glenn Youngkin's fears about election integrity have been vindicated, at least in the case of one would-be voter. Someone in Virginia tried to cast a vote Tuesday who wasn't eligible—the candidate's son. Voters have to be at least 18 years old to vote in the state, and Youngkin's son is 17. He was turned away from a polling place twice, the Washington Post reports. A statement issued Friday by Fairfax County election officials said the teenager did not violate any Virginia election laws. His father, a Republican, had a better day, winning the governorship by defeating Democrat Terry McAuliffe in a close race.

The precinct captain said Youngkin's son showed his driver's license at a polling place in the Great Falls Library. Jennifer Chanty said she realized who he was when she looked at the license, then told him he had to be at least 18 to cast a ballot. She suggested he register then so he could vote in the next election, but he said no and left. About 20 minutes later, Chanty told the Post, he returned and tried again. A 17-year-old friend had been allowed to vote, he told Chanty. "I told him: 'I don’t know what occurred with your friend, but you are not registered to vote today. You're welcome to register, but you will not be voting today,'" she said Friday.

The county elections boss said Youngkin's son didn't disrupt the polling place or make any false statements. His father made an issue of "election integrity" during his primary campaign, creating a task force of citizens to work "to ensure free and fair elections in Virginia." A spokesman for the governor-elect blamed the side Youngkin defeated, per CNN, saying they're "pitching opposition research on a 17-year-old kid who honestly misunderstood Virginia election law and simply asked polling officials if he was eligible to vote; when informed he was not, he went to school."

https://www.newser.com/story/313055/election-officials-stopped-youngkins-son-17-from-voting.html

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have my doubts in that, not everyone is a Conway kid.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The plague lands of the SLV are only something like 35% vaccinated, so I'll be getting my booster soon, probably moderna because I got J&J back in april.

Rent's loving cheap though, paying less than $900 for a 2 bed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

I've never even been to Illinois.

You're not missing anything.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Judd Hirsch and Jeff Goldblum driving a bus full of children to attack a UFO is what I remember most about that movie.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Battle LA was good.

Honestly feel like I heard the hammers and toilets line in one of Dr. Steven Greer's alien government conspiracy "documentaries" a few years ago. Dude seemed pretty reasonable (about gov black money) until he went all out on his "talk to the aliens with your mind" tangent.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soylent Pudding posted:

And today I learn that Max Brooks is Mel Brooks kid.

Max was/is a goon, too, iirc.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Handsome Ralph posted:

Probably the second worst part of being a vet is random acquaintances or friends that seemingly only reach out (usually on holidays or weekends) to ask for random free medical advice for their pet that is usually best answered with "You need to go to your vet, I can't diagnose over the phone/Discord chat while we play games. No, I don't need to see pictures of it's butthole. Go to your vet."

I've definitely made a call or three like that to my veterinarian cousin, but they call me every time they have car trouble, so I feel like we have a fair trade in comforting each other in things we can't handle at the moment.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I was hoping for 6 charges of attempted murder, but I'm happy to see felony aggravated assault x6. Better throw some poo poo in like barring him from obtaining a license for life after release, so he has to ride a bike for the rest of his travelling days.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They should have turned congress into a boot camp CS chamber on 1/6, but then the crimes wouldn't have been quite as visible on camera.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Either would have had them coughing even more covid on each other, so it'd be a win with either chemical.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can't stand Liam Neeson so there's no convincing me to watch Battleship.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I watched Baseketball last night for the first time in probably 5 years and it still holds up. So much Zucker energy.

Especially the intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1-QAF8gLy0

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have mixed feelings. Not very many so I won't lose any sleep.

Wonder if they're going to add "dead" to his permaban.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I'd lean more towards box wine and opiates.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Is that in the GBS thread?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm vaguely remembering his gun was stolen a while back. Not that he couldn't buy or didn't have another, but it was around the beginning of the year (I'm slowly reading the schadenfreude thread).

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Platystemon posted:

Did he have any legal issues that would compel him to relinquish control of firearms?

I wouldn’t put it past him to fake a theft to “pull a fast one” on the law.

Nope, somehow. He was never charged with any of his wifebeating. Likely had prescriptions for opiates for his back, but that doesn't make you a prohibited possessor like getting caught with a joint would.

You probably don't have to move too quickly to pull one over on Missouri cops anyhow.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, that just makes me want more violence against the cops.

Lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWr9vQP-D70

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 11, 2021

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The amount of people who open carry around where I live is loving laughable to me. Five years in Memphis and I never once felt compelled to carry a gun at all. The people out here in the loving country are so afraid of their own shadows.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CommieGIR posted:

I think my favorite thing about open carry nuts, or even concealed carry nuts, in the age of COVID is their willingness to view carrying a firearm as risk mitigation but won't wear a loving mask.

Yup. Every time I go to walmart I see maskless fatasses in trump hats with hammered back 1911s barely holding onto their fraying, decade old leather belt. Every. Single. Time.

Like a goddamn cabbage is going to jump out of a crisper and assault them with brussel sprouts.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Volkova III posted:

I mean, I never felt compelled to carry a weapon either... until I transitioned. :shrug:

I can understand that in Memphis, but as a cis white dude with a giant beard and perpetual rear end in a top hat face, that was typically enough to keep people away from me. I always carried a knife though, just because it was a handy tool, not for anything more nefarious.

Obviously if my situation was different, I wouldn't have felt so secure about myself. My last girlfriend in Memphis would conceal carry in her purse, I had no issues with that and it made sense. She was very good about safe handling and range time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thankfully the local yokels here aren't being crazy about the schools. Not that I've heard, anyway, but we don't have a public radio station or any broadcast tv here, so maybe I'm just not hearing about it.

Zamujasa posted:

well, shadows do tend to be black :v:

:golfclap:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Tulsi Gabbard: lovely take machine

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Kid's gonna walk. Any time he catches for weapon possession is going to be a pittance of what he deserves.

The Ahmaud Arbery case is a goddamn joke too. The defense attorney literally said they don't want any more black preachers showing up for the trial. I have a feeling they're about to have a few protests outside that courthouse. loving Georgia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I'm pretty sure in that case those guys are (rightly) hosed. I mean if not for the original prosecutor that case would have probably been a model response at least from what I recall people saying local police and the GBI said.

Yeah, I'm not so optimistic with the jury being 11/12th good ol' boy/girl. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended in a hung jury.