Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

bulletsponge13 posted:

Wait, does this dude think that if you return from the dead, you are President?
I am utterly confused as to the mental leaps required there. It's wrinkling my brain.

No, he thinks JFK Sr is Jesus, which is why he will "pass" after a week. Unclear if JFK will be 46 or 104 when he returns. Really unclear why alt-right/Q people like JFK, or why anyone thinks he would have liked Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Getting my Moderna booster Saturday. Getting very impatient for 2-5 year old approval even though I know it will be next year.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Clarification on the Founders' intent regarding "right to self defense:" every adult may carry an old-timey dagger to stave off highway bandits and press gangs.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

MazelTovCocktail posted:

The problem is I think you can legit argue that a lot of those favorable decisions (like early and mid 20th century) were driven by racism and nativism, so honestly I think history kind of sucks for NY in a way. Also it doesn't help that this case is basically NYC wants to remain special and only give out carry permits to the rich (and limited job related ones). Look I know I'm out of step with the thread here, I just despise the NY system and how it's both discriminatory and over invasive.

Granted it's going to be interesting what range of decisions we could get.

Jokes aside I generally agree with you. Areas with strictly regulated or "banned" carry are almost universally "carry for the rich/connected/cops only" in practice. You want to do away with the idea, go ahead, but you're going to have to completely rework the fundental underpinnings of how it is practiced. Not just say "New York/LA but nationwide."

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

facialimpediment posted:

The guy that beat the NJ Senate President has Standard Republican opinions on Islam and so on, but he has also been horny on main:

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/1456398200856879115

powerful new jersey energy

That guy has surpassed the username/post combo with an on-the-nose real name/post combo

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
The people dancing on top of the ambulances (and presumably keeping them from moving), JFC

I hope at least a few of them will feel a little shame when they sober up. Wouldn't count on it though.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

TheWeedNumber posted:

I mean that’s what I was thinking it was, that and someone’s been missing out on trap music.

And not keeping up with the Kardashians!

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I just went to Walgreens to get my Moderna booster, but I forgot my vaccine card and didn't have a picture handy. So now I have to go back tomorrow. Moral of the story: remember to take your card. Also, don't be like me and keep a pic on your phone.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Richard Bong posted:

Moderna Booster trip report.

Got it last evening in the CVS in the Target by my house. They had a lot of open spots. I got a little drowsy and today my arm is surprisingly sore. I also got the flu shot with it.

Got mine yesterday afternoon as well. Went to a Walgreens other than my usual and was treated to the slowest, most disorganized vax experience of my life, but I got it and that's what matters.

I have a really sore arm and had an upset stomach this morning. However my wife had the same stomach problems this afternoon so it's possible the pizza we had for dinner was the culprit. Overall, not bad.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I am sad for Lowtax's kids, who are surely traumatized by this, and for his exes who have to clean up the mess and are probably re-traumatized themselves. I am also sad for his parents, even though they seem to be reacting in an unhealthy way by blaming LadyAmbien. Even if it's true that they were enablers, nobody should have to bury their kid.

I'm even a little sad for him, because who knows what was going on in his head during those final moments.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

McNally posted:

This is a setup, isn't it?

:catbert: :mcnally:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

shame on an IGA posted:

You fundamentally misunderstand red state dems if you think winning is the goal or even desirable, the real friends are the out of state donations we blew along the way

Yeah it's this, they are gonna waste so much money on Beto a la the one they ran against McConnell who made such an impact I can't remember her name offhand. I'll still vote for him because lol two party hellworld and I live in a swing House district of sorts, so my downticket votes actually matter, kinda, a bit.

Perennial candidate is nice work if you can get it, I guess.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

While I get your point, how the gently caress would they go lower than scum like Rittenhouse?

Easily and with great pleasure. Rittenhouse was an appetizer and now the chuds are hyped for the main course.

e: misunderstood, I thought you were asking how the far right could could lower

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

That Works posted:

Good news for that dude but gently caress I have been alive for only maybe 3 months longer than he was in prison.

Here's a recent one that blew my mind. When this guy entered prison, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the March on Selma hadn't happened yet.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_8b7188a8-47b5-11ec-ac41-6befdfb0d59c.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Cugel the Clever posted:

Could always bookmark it in the app :shrug:

Yeah but then you gotta remember to do that every month, like geez you gonna make me work for it? :effort: