Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Data Graham posted:

Partly leaded gas yeah, but I also want to know what the gently caress it is about the South, where freeways are lined with bright blue LED billboards saying Biden is a pedophile who stole the vote and gave Afghanistan away to Soros. In that environment you have to go out of your actual way to NOT be taught from every conceivable angle that the only good and right way to think is the Nazi way.

I live in the south and can't say I have ever seen even a single billboard saying anything like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Killer robot posted:

The free pre-K is also means-tested based on whether you are at any point in your life a child, I suppose.

Do you mean regular kindergarten? Free pre-k is absolutely means tested, at least in some parts of the country. Here are the requirements for the school district I live in, for free pre-k. If you are not eligible, it's $5,675.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

In my opinion the only way to vote for Youngkin is to vote for Youngkin. Votes for all other candidates are definitionally not votes for Youngkin. Thank you for your consideration.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a quote somewhere in the Libertarian thread about how public infrastructure is literally unthinkable to most Americans. Lemme find it.

ed: Here we go.

The airport example is especially funny because literally every major airport (except in Branson MO) is government run in the US.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

haveblue posted:

Biden should have his name printed on every joint

on that Robinette cush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Angry_Ed posted:

So you're saying both sides are not the same, then. In that something with the potential to be bad was not so because of actually being diligent versus Republicans actively making things worse. I'm not the one that has to get a grip because i'm not the one pretending the COVID-19 pandemic would've been handled just as incompetently by a Democratic administration.

Both sides (covid and ebola) are indeed not the same, in that ebola is so much less contagious than covid that comparing the two outbreaks is not a useful exercise.