Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

This'll be the first Direct I watch live as opposed to waking up and remembering that one happened and watching it after the fact :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

aaaaand there it is! STRIKERS!!!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Macaluso posted:

This music is so bad. Holy moly

The music alone is kind of putting me off of wanting to try it

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Welp guess we're not getting MK9 this round

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Super Kirby 3d World

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The narrator for baseball sounds like it's about to ask me to go to the corner store and get them a pack of Marlboro Reds

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

SWITCH SPORTS OH gently caress YEAAAAHHHHHH

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Wait, no baseball? gently caress this

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Nintendo doing an open beta, lmao what

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

forty-eight loving courses

that's basically a whole new game, holy piss

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

LuckyCat posted:

At this point no, 48 courses mario christ. I wonder if this was MK9 and they just said gently caress it, let s make it DLC instead of a new game

The rare reverse-BOTW2

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ragequit posted:

I mean you are basically getting Mario Kart 9 for $25. MK8 is drat near perfection, so more courses on the cheap is *chef kiss*.

This is how I see it, this is basically a new game being added to an existing one

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

beer gas canister posted:

been playing Super Mario World to completion for the first time on the Switch. It slaps

The first Mario game I played to completion and yes, it still slaps

Yoshi's Island doubles the slappage tho

Morpheus posted:

Edit: And playing it handheld merely feet away from my TV

:mods:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ninja Hideaway is probably Top 5 for the entire franchise imo

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

External Organs posted:

Dang, is this true for Diablo 3? Seems impossible

I thought the same for Age of Calamity, but nope, it has single Joy-Con controls for co-op :eyepop:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The Anime Liker posted:

I couldn't have picked a better time to quit my lovely job in protest of stagnant wages

:hellyeah:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Hasn’t Nintendo done a thing before where, at the end of a general Direct, they were like “and finally, join us again on X date, when we’ll go into more detail about Y game!”, with the X date being like within a month? Maybe they’ll do the opposite here and announce a general Direct at the end of this XC one

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

American McGay posted:

There will obviously be a general direct in the coming weeks but no I dont think they’ll announce it at the Xenoblade direct that would be weird.

Maybe they’ll just announce a direct for a specific game

“Join us on June 29th for more information on the most-anticipated sequel in Nintendo’s history: Link’s Crossbow Training 2!”

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

Ever since I first started playing games as a kid, I'd find myself going to particular places in the games I played, setting the controller down, and just..."vibing", as the kids say. :kiddo: I figure I can't be the only one who has a soft spot for certain Zelda houses or the aquarium room in Mario 64, for example.

Nowadays it's relaxing to do while smoking weed.

The museum in AC:NH is great for this. Actually, I guess pretty much all of AC:NH fits the bill.

You know a game is chill when it literally doesn't even have a pause function, because wtf is gonna happen to you if you walk away from a game of Animal Crossing?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Wave 2 looks sick, I do like that they're bringing back the good old tracks but surely I'm not the only one that's also happy they're still throwing brand new tracks into the mix? Sky-High Sundae looks like it could be cool

Waltzing Along posted:

The no-brainer is bringing back Maple Treeway.

:hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

nintendo

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

If you liked BotW, I’d go with AOC - it’s the perfect love letter to that game specifically, they did a drat good job making you feel like you’re still in the same world, and the story has some of the best cutscenes of the entire franchise imo

If you’re just going for amount of content, though, I’ve heard HW:DE is the way to go (though I haven’t played it) - AoC is definitely pretty limited in terms of scope and potential scope since it’s specifically a BOTW spinoff

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Stux posted:

nintendo

repost :rolleyes:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

losetendo

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

:trumppop:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Dpulex posted:

BotW is a mediocre game and pokemon sword is abysmal, but switch has a lot of other exclusives like the picross games, triangle strategy, link's awakening, xenoblade, SMTV, metroid dread, ringfit adventure, and Bayo 3 this year.

Oh good, the Worst Opinion Poster is still kickin’, I was getting worried

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

eravulgaris posted:

Can we all try to will a Metal Gear Solid HD collection for the Switch into existence?

Only after the Wind Waker/Twilight Princess combo is willed into existence

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Squiggly posted:

Just bought a switch this weekend to play Odyssey, but with only about 300 moons left I'm already looking at what game to buy next

Always wanted to play Monster Hunter, is the community still alive? Any trouble finding people to group up with?

It is illegal to own a Switch and not have Breath of the Wild, so you should probably get on that

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

What if i used to own it but then sold it back

Legislation is pending to add this exception, contact your representative

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

If you like side quests and collecting poo poo then BOTW is the Zelda game for you, that’s basically the game’s entire premise

If you’re hesitant just get a physical copy, if you don’t like it you can resell it and first-party titles have excellent resale value so you’ll be out like $20 tops

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Different people like different things, it's all cool.

Totally. I’ll still recommend everyone give BOTW a shot, especially if they claim to be into side quests and collecting poo poo since that may as well be the game’s subtitle, but if you try it and it’s not your cup of tea then welp :shrug: it is what it is

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I will never deny BotW is a great game, but for me the fun in Zeldas were exploring dungeons and finding new items for the puzzles. BotW being mostly lots of small puzzles, where you get 90% of the tools needed at the very beggining because you're suppossed to be able to beat the game right after the tutorial (even if not likely), kinda dampens my interest after the Plateau.

For the people who like dicking around and exploring and such it's probably one of the best, indeed.

Yeah that is one thing I found really lacking in BOTW, I hope the sequel brings back proper dungeons

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

nintendo you should port that one to the switch, i will pay you

Add in Wind Waker and :same:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Scuba Trooper posted:

I'm going to buy it and enjoy it and none of you can stop me :twisted:

hosed up imo

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

I’m going on vacation with my family next week. There will be 4 switches, 3 of which have Mario Kart. What are our multiplayer options? Obviously we can do 4 people on the TV. Can other people connect to play handheld? Do we need Wi-Fi to accomplish anything?

This is one of the most dad questions I’ve had yet.

The switch can do some kind of weird voodoo magic poo poo to create their own WiFi and connect to each other, they have to all be within like ten feet of each other though

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

If you want a Dock with a built-in Ethernet port and the switch just has to match it

In other words, no

(I too use it almost exclusively in Docked and have no reason to upgrade to OLED)

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 7, 2022

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Hrist posted:

:yeah:

I hope the Switch lasts a lot longer. I love this thing more than any other console I've had since childhood.

:same:

My game library for Switch is the largest game library I’ve ever had by like at least 2-3 times over

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

If the new Switch Pro U weren’t backwards compatible, I would simply keep my Switch and continue using it to play Switch games

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

B33rChiller posted:

I still haven't finished playing mario kart 7.

B33rChiller posted:

I want to like zelda games, but I just drift off them almost right away after purchase.

You’re just doing the equivalent of looking at the wrong screen, except you’re looking at the wrong game

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Tae posted:

Nah, stay away from it if your response to cutscenes is "get away from me asap" cause one chapter literally ends with 3 hours

what in the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

American McGay posted:

3 added takedowns which became your main method of gaining boost. It become less about perfect drifting around corners and more about slamming into the other drivers to send them flying.

god that game owned so hard