Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
They’re gonna go the Xbox route and have two systems of differing specs, the Portable Nintendo Entertainment System which largely resembles the current Switch, and the Advanced Nintendo Entertainment System which is a 4K home console.

You can also slide your PNES into an ANES to unlock true power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
They love following up their massively successful consoles by just adding a word or letter to the old name for the new name. NES became Super NES. Game Boy became Game Boy Advance. DS became 3DS. Wii became Wii U.

It’ll be the Super Switch or Switch Advance or some poo poo.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

American McGay posted:

I hope they keep it simple and do just Mario Bros. vs Bowser as the entire arc and don't pull a fakeout halfway through where there's a greater evil power and Mario and Bowser team up to defeat it.

Save that poo poo for the sequel.

The bad guy in the sequel should be Wart.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I always liked OG Pilotwings much more than 64. The Light Plane music is one of my favorite video game tunes.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

sigher posted:

Enhance:

I lol'd at the smile, but I realized that the sprite doesn't even have pointed ears, I don't think I've ever seen any different sprites for Link from original game.

Pit has that same goofy smile on the Kid Icarus box

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Dear Mario, please announce Kid Icarus Uprising Remastered for the Switch, thanks

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Breakthru and Kid Niki: Radical Ninja were my Data East jams as a kid. They made the best bad games.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Make a sequel to Good Job, I liked that game

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

A lot of the stuff in the trailer feels like those set piece action sequences in BOTW before each Divine Beast, like shooting the camel’s feet and poo poo.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

gently caress this spider boss in Metroid Fusion

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I haven’t paid much attention to eShop coins before but I just noticed MK8D has a “x4 Coins” thing going at the moment. Does that mean if I buy it I’ll get 1200 coins, equal to $12 eShop credit?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Mr.Acula posted:

havent seen anyone else mention anything itt yet but my algorithm on youtube has been absolutely flooded lately with 90s grunge/rock converted into mario64 soundfont and im completely ok with this

The big scream in Drain You by Nirvana being changed to a Mario “WAAAAAAAAAAA!” absolutely kills me

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Silksong shadowdropping tomorrow

Edit: I guess that’s technically not a shadowdrop. Whatever

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 18, 2023

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

What time do games go active on release day? I bought and downloaded the FF1 pixel remaster but it won’t launch yet.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I wish NSO had achievements. I’m not into the whole dick-measuring thing about who has the most points, I just enjoy having these little side accomplishments I can complete and have on my profile. It’d be awesome if those were added to old NES games and poo poo.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Put Mario Paint on NSO imho

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

KingSlime posted:

It's Zelda though other than environments and items what is there to spoil? I can't think of a single memorable or surprising "twist" in any mainline game and they all play out quite by the numbers

Sheik’s real identity?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Link dies

A lot

Because you’re bad at the game

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Boy that Eliminator Boat Duel game in the NES app sure has some boxart

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Tears of the MAGAverse

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Remember that 3D Mario collection that was limited run only?

Remember when they murdered Mario 35?

Rip

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Hey guys,

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I think I was supposed to find a shirt in the opening area but I must have missed it. I’m now two shrines in and still freein’ the nipple. Goty.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Neat thing regarding horses I wasn’t aware of until I just found my first stable

If you have a BOTW save, your horses from that game will be ready and waiting for you.

Showed up riding a horse thar I decided to name George, only to discover that’s apparently what I named my first horse in BOTW too so now I have two Georges.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

hatty posted:

Reminds me of when I let my sister take my N64 and all its games to college and she sold it all for weed money

What’s the point of smoking weed if you can’t then play Mario Golf 64?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Who needs a fishing pole when you can shoot an electrified arrow and kill every fish in the lake instantly

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Jet Jaguar posted:

The next Zelda incarnation should bring back all the people that have been in like one game and return them to the world. Subrosians, Minish, Loftwings, Yeti, Twili, etc. The little robot guys from Skyward Sword can go on a joint space mission with the Zonai constructs or something.

I want to see what Error’s been up to.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Stunt Race FX remake gonna double the framerate up to 2 fps

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Kid Icarus owns bones, a new game and/or Uprising remaster would be much welcome

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Super Mario Bros. 1, Durr

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

hatty posted:

They should use one of the rejected Wii names

They called the fifth famicom the one’s famicom

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Mario Sunshine attempted to improve Mario 64’s camera and ended up making it way worse

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

And if you beat it fast enough it’s revealed that Link was a woman the whole time

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

They should’ve made a sequel on the Wii U and called it F-U

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Paper Paperboy

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

New voice of Mario is Kiefer Sutherland.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I remember Excitebike 64 having an insane amount of content, especially compared to similar games on the N64. Besides the regular race modes there was also the Hill Climb, and that endless desert thing. And a track editor. Plus the original NES game was in there, both as an emulated ROM and recreated in 3D. Wasn’t there also a Rocket League-like soccer game, or was that Beetle Adventure Racing?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Didn’t a well known leaker get a bunch of details of the last big Direct correct? Even emphasized the word WONDER

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The original release had some good commercials

https://youtu.be/TiT0rd8rYzs?si=FO0s8yS5_ho2iUwr

https://youtu.be/G77DRV-uiXw?si=rm0Vn54Ga1Y2dHdm

https://youtu.be/5aMlnNpu_xo?si=9IMurFwE8k___2oH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Read After Burning posted:

I started to make a "storming Peach's castle" joke, but you know drat well there's going to be some Call of Duty or Rainbow Six game that's gonna have a January 6 level/setpiece.

Press F to tase balls