Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
if that guy got a probe for the misspelling pokemon gimmick i don't know why the op gets a pass for posts like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I honestly don't have a problem with this; One game at a time means they might've actually learned from the feedback at launch and tailor the emulator properly.

Yes, I'm sure that's the reason they're releasing old ROMs at a glacial pace, it's so they have time to "tailor the emulator." Just like when the back of the N64 controller definitely had extra buttons or whatever you said.

It's certainly not Nintendo just being Nintendo.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
The original Advance Wars was released in America on September 10, 2001. I remember it vividly because I was still playing it after 9/11 went down and my dad kept commenting about how I was playing a video game about war at such a time, "guess you're getting ready for being drafted," etc. etc.

This post has no content of value, I guess I just always remembered that and it feels like maybe Nintendo has a bit of a knack for releasing Advance Wars games right around times of major global conflicts. Seems dumb to delay it though.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
i don't write any code for the switch, i just play all the games on it so i don't care about that, hth op

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Fly Ricky posted:

Our Switch Online subscription is registered under my son's account on the system. I have a separate account of course I use when we play.

Switch Sports has this bullshit restriction whereby I cannot earn more than two XP prizes per week because I'm piggybacking off his account. This of course is a tremendous problem because I'm a 40yr old man vicariously dressing up as a cool dude in a video game.

This normal? I don't see why they can't just associate my account with our hardware such as they did with his.

Nintendo's solution for this is for you to buy a Switch Online Family Plan or whatever. Yes, it's incredibly stupid and bad. That's Nintendo Online™.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Ineptitude posted:

Why is my eshop wishlist different on my phone than on the actual console? (or rather, why do i need to add games both places?)

When i try to buy a game with my phone i just get 9001-1670 Content Unavailable error message, but i can then immediately go and buy it using the console.

Are both of these issues related to my country not having an eshop? (Then why can i use the eshop on the console?)

Can't speak to the wishlist issue but it's definitely why you can't buy things through a browser but can on the device itself. Who knows why Nintendo considers it more secure that you're using a console to initiate a purchase than using a web browser, but they do. They'll basically just block every purchase attempted on a browser if you're not in the same country as the eShop you're trying to make the purchase in. But on the machine itself, no problem as long as your payment method is accepted or you have store credit. I also live in a non-eShop country, fwiw.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
hells yeah
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1556626244644503553?s=20&t=UOphj3tU-HJ7PxKzPVezlQ

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im the freak that liked off the hook

off the hook were ownage op no need to feel like a freak. and it's cool that the DLC campaign seems like it will be focused on them as well.

but it's good we don't have to sit through the intro every drat time tho.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I don't know what "competitive pvp" means, but i don't think it would include Salmon Run which is perhaps the best mode in the game and would justify the purchase price of Splatoon 3 even if it were $9001 so I'd recommend buying the game ASAP.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Yep, co-op. It's available all the time now instead of the stupid schedule it had in the last game. Good times.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Usually when a movie like this would come out we'd expect a tie-in game, but there's nothing announced.

why would we expect this op

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I pay the one that costs like $20 a year op because I can play Super Metroid and Splatoon 3.

this seems like the owningest choice to make OP and hell I do it too

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I guess it's a pretty bad sign for the popularity of Switch Sports that the game's online service has been take down unannounced by Nintendo for over a day at this point and it's hardly made any news. They introduced a new patch to prevent cheating that actually caused the game to crash completely when loading a match. I guess the fix is not as simple as just rolling back to a previous version since you'd think they'd have done that by now.

I'm a stupid completionist and I usually make sure to grind out all the weekly unlocks during the weekend so it's pretty lovely that it's been down for so long. Just another level of stupidity with this game in particular and Nintendo's online service in general.

Switch still owns, Nintendo good, etc.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Alan_Shore posted:

I'll be playing Splatoon 3 which is a very demanding game that runs incredibly well on old hardware!

i think you meant to say "posting in the Splatoon 3 thread complaining about Nintendo's online service"

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Advance Wars indefinitely delayed due to the anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attacks

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
what was that about mounting your wife or w/e?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
no thanks

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
i'm gonna mainline mario and there's nothign you can do to stop me

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
it's just dumb marketing bullshit op

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
mario dies, RIP

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
sounds bad, OP

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
same, op

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Assepoester posted:

The way I see it the kind of rhetoric embodied by these kinds of posts is some incredibly deranged corporate shilling that has metastasized into aggressive misanthropy. Someone taking time to point out that Nintendo is doing lovely things and abusing copyright should get the word out no matter how much you love Nintendo's corporate products.

Unless the youtuber in question is promoting race hatred or spouting anti lgbtq rhetoric or something this kind of assholery is rather poorly directed.

Or that too, yeah.

Exactly. Nintendo posts a Direct or a Trailer or something and everyone loves it but some dude who doesn't work at Nintendo HQ posts stuff critical of them and suddenly the Nintendo Defense Squad show up to poo poo on him? Something's hosed up here.

What exactly does soyface mean, to you? This is the titular soyface image:

Here is the video thumbnail that started this whole discussion. Is it a soyface? He's not excited about anything. He's not even pretending to be excited about anything. Has soyface lost all meaning?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZYpDk9Xm8

Jokes are funny though.

You can open them up and stick a shim in them to fix them for a while, but you're still taking the time and effort to open them up and close them as nondestructively as possible

https://www.ifixit.com/News/51555/dont-bother-with-joy-con-drift-hacks-just-fix-it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vid8lIXmZwE

But as mentioned you can also order some replacement sticks or even hall effect replacement sticks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc55VfX98ew

youtube and the people who post things on there are mega fail and have aids, op, hth

edit: but nintendo is extremly ftw, in case anyone forgot

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Spacebump posted:

I hope the next Nintendo has a better touch screen than the Switch. imo, a big part of why Mario Maker 2 fell off quick was due to how much worse the touch screen is vs the Wii U's.

yes nintendo should go back to using late 90s resistive touchscreens instead of modern capacitive touchscreens found in every other device currently made for one game that no one bought. lmao.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
idk, OP, "works good for me" but outside of using a special stylus it's of course gonna be less precise/more tedious than a resistive touchscreen for something like building a grid-based map, just by the nature of the tech. if your overall opinion is "it could be better" then yeah sure fine, but in relation to MM i don't think there's much improvement to be had unless they make one that's compatible with a stylus like an Apple Pencil, but call it the Mario Pencil and bundle it with MM3.which i would buy immediately. because nintendo is ftw.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
not much what's isekai with you

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
i wish silver falcon would isekai himself to a world where he can't post on these dead gay forums

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

oh and silver falcon is a she I'm pretty sure

in the world where she can't post she's also a he.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah it’s worldwide because they made a huge deal about it, if you can’t get the support website to co-operate you can just call them and arrange it that way.

Not quite "worldwide," certainly US (which is what the OP asked about) and I guess EU since that was also mentioned. But not here in Taiwan, I was able to get one drifting set serviced for free within a year from Nintendo, however they still charged to repair a second drifting set that was out of warranty. It wasn't even that cheap, either, like a third the price of a new set of Joy-Cons although I guess the turnaround was really fast (like 48 hours). I'd guess because not enough people here have raised a stink about the inherent flaw in design that causes drifting, so yeah, no free repair policy for us :(

It's extremely edge-case, especially on these English-speaking forums, but yeah, just a bit of clarification.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Weird, did you call and speak to someone or was it all automated?

When it first started happening some people in multiple regions were still being charged and had to actually call to speak with an agent to ask for the money to be refunded, which was apparently successful.

Even to just initiate the repair process, I had to call and talk to an actual human rep, who was quite helpful, but yeah. The repair page on Nintendo Taiwan's official site is literally just an address, a phone number, and business hours, lol. I will say the receipt when it was returned was issued by some technology company that was not Nintendo, so it feels like they might just be contracting out repairs to some third-party company here, which is maybe why their policies don't match when Nintendo is handling it themselves. I didn't bother complaining to them about it or anything, not sure how effective that would've been.

It feels like you've gotta be in a region where Nintendo actually has enough of a presence to have their own repair infrastructure or whatnot. But anyway, sorry for the unimportant derail!

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
i wont be clicking that link based on the thumbnail, namaste

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
haha what the gently caress is this

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
the CRT ones look way worse, OP

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

man nurse posted:

Why share anything, hell why even post. Let’s all exist in blissful silence

agreed, OP

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The thing about Nintendo though, if you turn off the flower voices their data scientists will say "Huh according to this people hate all voices and dialogue" and then they'll like, remove dialogue from their next rpg

oh no

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
laughed at the name reveal of unicorn overlord

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
lmao

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I don't remember anything about LM2's story but my partner and I played the heck out of the Scarescraper mode for some reason so I'm stoked to see it come back and see if it still scratches the same itch for us. LM3's Scarescraper didn't, sadly.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Has anyone suffered from joycons that disconnect from the switch while in handheld mode? Like they're still physically attached but the connection gets broken and the game stops receiving inputs for a while before pausing which is really loving annoying in every game but particularly Mario Kart, which I'm trying to play to soothe my crippling hangover

Googling shows various people complaining about loose joycons but the connection still being fine, their suggestions are electrical tape along the rails which I guess I'll try unless anyone has a brighter idea

yes and it became so annoying that eventually i just bought a new switch. :capitalism: lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I'm not sure what the ...wattage... that the ...current switch... uses has to do with a hypothetical next gen nintendo console tho.