Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Can I confirm that SMT5 is standalone? And that the only reason people talk about Persona as well is that they're made by the same company, they're not linked? (I will play Persona 4 that I bought on Steam one day!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Awesome! Looks amazing, can't wait!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Phenotopia was a weird one for me. Played it for a few hours then just stopped. It does 100 things, none of them super well. I mean your main attack is swinging a stick, and this literally drains stamina so you can only swing it like 3 times. Very unsatisfying combat. The writing is good though

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The funny thing is that Stux has never played any games, he just posts ITT all day every day

Masterfully done

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dicey Dungeons is great and a steal at that price. Except gently caress the witch challenge (you know what I'm talking about).

Just completed Blasphemous and can really recommend that too. Great atmosphere, animation and music, real fun to play, never got lost, and creepy AF

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

Mario 64, still the best platformer ever! Mega64 is also good.

That's not how you spell Mario Odyssey!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I returned 3D All Stars cos it loving sucked lol

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm playing through Dark Souls Remastered for the first time, after hearing it's the Dark Souls of Dark Souls.

So far the "difficulty" is atrocious, not because it's genuinely difficult like say Ninja Gaiden, but because it's janky as hell. I mean, loving ghosts that can hit you through walls and floors and can insta-grab you for 70% damage? Artificial bullshit.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Volte posted:

Did you run straight to New Londo or something? I agree the ghosts (and upper New Londo in general) are the low point of the game but they barely make an appearance in the grand scheme of things and unless you make a real effort, you're not going to be going there anywhere near the start of the game. There's not really any other bullshit on that level.

No I went up and killed the bell gargoyles and now I've gone down with all the ghosts and you have to use an item to be able to even hit them, and there are so many inside the buildings. I will prevail but it's not fun at all atm

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Really? There's somewhere else I can go? I thought I had to go down there and ring the second bell. I can't see where else I'd go from the first bonfire (firelink?)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hey, yeah, this brings back memories!

Dieting Hippo posted:

Going straight from Firelink Shrine to the Skeleton Fun Zone is a rite of passage by this point.

Oh man those skeletons donked me up until I found a different way to go!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I found where I was supposed to go! I would never have found that door to Lower Burger without you guys, thanks!

Yes the game is obtuse and confusing, on purpose I feel. The combat doesn't feel especially engaging right now, the sound design is terrible (I accidentally murdered that sorcerer and used his quiet ring and sounds/ambience just stop and start, sounds awful), and the game purposely doesn't tell you much, like I had to Google what "humanity" was.

Oh yeah! I love how when you walk through a white gate you're doing a walk animation and the boss just runs up and hits you and there's nothing you can do it about it! loving Capra

I will persevere! I want to equip this Guts Greatsword I found.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Haha! This gently caress was nothing without his dogs! Shoved my gargoyle axe right up his jacksy

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dark Souls again: just got cursed for no reason (I was hit once by a frog and died even though I had loads of health) in the Depths.

So now I have half life until I get a stone or someone heals me? What a wonderful and confusing mechanic that ensures I have to spend half hour getting out of the dungeon to seek a cure.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Martman posted:

Methinks you did not merely get hit once by that frog. Please don't fill this thread with lies

I swear it's true! They can't even really hit you, they just use poison gas attack

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

beer gas canister posted:

Half HP is not related to curse status

I literally just died and the game told me that I was now cursed and had half health and now have half health

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Come on Gamestop, ship my Danganronpa Collector's Edition (I just wanted that soundtrack OK?)!

Or else I have to suffer in Dark Souls. Don't do this to me!

EDIT: 5 minutes after this post they shipped it, hurrah! gently caress you, Depths!

EDIT 2: SIX DAYS shipping? Never use Gamestop

Alan_Shore fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 4, 2021

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

QTEs? Oh you mean press the B button when B flashes up? oh noooooo the game is ruined lol

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

woke kaczynski posted:

Hell yeah my partner got me the danganronpa collector's edition despite finding them "overwhelmingly anime", can't wait to play the expanded board game for 5000 hours

Please tell me what you think of the port and also what the remixed CD is like!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That's way better, you can just select the game you want to play, instead of load up a screen to pick a game to load up a game like Kingdom Hearts does.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Mega64 posted:

My favorite book is Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney DANGANRONPA

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I just googled it and found out Danganronpa means BULLET REBUTTAL

which owns

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is Bust Rodd still too embarrassed to keep playing Super Mario Odyssey after he realised he didn't need to level up Mario to unlock his jumps

lol what

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The only game that hosed me on saving in recent history was Yakuza 0, which I thought saved automatically but turns out you have to go to a phone booth! So had to replay that opening 90 mins again LOL

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

First off, got the Split Pad Pro just because of this thread.

It's a game changer, I no longer lose the feeling in my hand after an hour. Get it!

Also Danganronpa Collector's Edition finally came and it's great to play them in bed, but drat the Switch can't even handle Danganronpa 1. Loads of sluggish animations, especially when going into the menu. Bit pathetic really! Was it like this on the Vita? Thought for sure Switch could play this 10 year old game at 60fps. That's a lol

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

McCracAttack posted:

You joke but that's an actual concern for shmup/shooter fans.

What is this fine contraption?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I replaced the sticks 2 months ago and they're drifting already JFC

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Well I really wasn't expecting this list!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

Use words instead of the lame emojis, is all i ask

hahaha jfc

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Touhou Genso Wanderer is 75% off and I added it to my wishlist for some reason. Has anyone played it? Is it good?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Finally picked up Monster Sanctuary cos of the massive sale. Hope it's good!

Also if anyone has played Touhou Genso Warrior Reloaded I'd be interested to hear what you thought as it's 75% off. I really only want to play it to find out what the hell Touhou is cos it's in tons of rhythm games (I also like roguelikes).

Speaking of, will be picking up the Dempagumi pack for Groove Coaster as it's on sale. Hope it's good, have no idea what this music is!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Man Battle Brothers is a bit expensive even on sale. How good is it?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dang the flip grip is out of stock and people are trying to sell for crazy money on eBay! Sucks

I got Oxenfree, Superbeat and some Groove Coaster DLC, feeling good

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Or take your Switch outside

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

loudog999 posted:

I picked up Hand of Fate 2 while it was on sale but haven’t played it yet. Any impressions of it in here? I would try it out but I’m giving my honest best to try to get through Kotor this time, and if any of the previous 10 times I tried to play it are any indication of what will happen, as soon as I start another game I’ll forget about it and not come back to it.

I have it on steam and super enjoyed it! Never played anything like it before or since, it's a fun game and the combat is great

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm waiting for pay day so I can finally get that A Train game which is on sale for the first time

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Monster Train ans StS are both great

StS is better and harder

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Has anyone played A Train? I want it now it's on sale, but they just released it on Steam and the demo chug-a-bugged along quite a bit so... It's a conundrum

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Farquar posted:

I played A Train on my 286 when I was 11 years old and it was too slow and complicated for me.

Does that help?

Not at all but bless you for trying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Switching to gyro in Splatoon 2 was a game changer