Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

This is adorable. And such a well-made thread. I don't know if I should buy the game or enjoy the thread and then buy the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Rikas design is great.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

My face watching these interesting characters being put through all this crap when I just want them to have normal lives.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Of course this game just went on steam sale. I assume everyone reading this thread wish-listed it.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Sharp teeth still means they're human right? but it's like an.... emote?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Hwurmp posted:

these aren't cute lesbians wtf

It is kind of adorable how uncomfortable she makes him.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Odette looks insane. She doesn't match any other character in this game :stonk:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

They're good shark teeth.

Though I'm starting to miss the less dysfunctional cast.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

dervival posted:

Odette really feels like she got isekai'd into this story from another from her artwork

That's the feeling I was trying to describe! She feels really out of place.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Updates to this story is a high point to my week. I love this game.

I am still amazed at how much effort was put into Rinkas design. And I'm also not convinced that Odette is human.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Oh, yes, this is one of her cards just being spoken out loud over and over again. She needs to pay attention.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I have so many feelings on this story. I don't know what I would do in Rinkas position.

My first impulse is just to hand my book to Miharu and hope the advantage is enough for her to win.

But on the other hand, she might not be able to do it alone without support. But this Russian roulette life just seems unbearable.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Dav posted:

That’s a lot to put on Naomi too. And by “that” I mean “your charred corpse.” :(

Yes. Other people are really the driving motivation here. Was Naomi on the train when Rinka died? Did she get hurt too?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

So Rinka sacrificed herself to save Naomi, and now Naomi feels deeply loyal to her.

This whole plotting the destruction of a sick woman who might also just have had a kid is very grim, though. I don't think I could do that even if my life was on the line.

But Miharu and Naomis lives might also be on the line, and it would be very selfish to sacrifice them as well.

Someone help me understand some English here.

In Swedish, you use the word "chance" (chans) for something good and "risk" (risk) for something bad. It's a common speech error among kids here to use "chance" for both. Like there can't be a chance of dying in a fire. Only the risk of dying in a fire. But there can be a chance to win at the lottery etc.

But in English, people use chance for both good and bad things, which I always found jarring. Is using "chance" for both proper?

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 17, 2021

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Mix. posted:

generally, chance is the possibility of something happening, regardless of whether that's a positive or a negative thing- it can be something like the odds of an event happening (probability, essentially) or rather a development that was accidental or coincidental (doing something 'by chance', specifically).

risk, on the other hand, explicitly brings with it the addition of danger or threat- it's the possibility of defeat or loss, rather than an undefined potential event

Wow, that's way smarter than I can manage. I'll just have to do my best with these :v:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

dervival posted:

If it helps, one of my old prep books made the distinction with three examples -

"There's a chance we will win, and a chance we will lose" is valid,
"There's a chance we will win, and a risk we will lose" is valid,
but "There's a risk we will win" is awkward in both cases.

Edit - this is with the assumption that winning was a good thing.

Okay, that helps a lot. I'm just a little uncomfortable with saying "chance of bad thing" Because I was thoroughly taught otherwise through my entire childhood.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Naomi could have died and just not ended up in the selection. Or just been hurt badly.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Rinka doesn't have nr 2's name?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Mix. posted:

To be specific, she does not currently have a name card for Miharu. :v:

Odd.

Maybe that's not Miharus real name *dramatic music*

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I would buy the collector's edition of this game for Rinkas shirt.

But it doesn't have it :v:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Hwurmp posted:

poo poo I was right :ohdear:

Because she lost Rinka?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Cloacamazing! posted:

Can't be, they all died at the same time. I'm pretty sure her regret was not telling Rinka how she felt though.

The exact moment, or just close together?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Well that's.... a lot less dramatic and interesting I must admit.

Miharu having committed suicide due to the loss of her one love, Rinka would have given the story an incredible amount of emotional weight and explained a lot of her actions so far. Including her constant preparations to sacrifice herself to save Rinka at any cost. Because without Rinka there would be no life.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 29, 2021

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I just noticed. Rinka never wears her jacket properly. Is that some design or is it just an artistic choice?

Also what was it about Rinkas look that made her look dangerous?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I'm surprised Rinka. In all this chit-chatting. didn't confront Miharu about her own cause of death. Which Miharu knows.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I appreciate the change in tone as it moves to Federico's internal dialogue instead of Rinkas.

The artist is way too fond of Odettes design. On top of that, her eyes literally have an afterglow and not just regular anime colours. I still wonder if she's supposed to be human.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I didn't really get the rules of the game but could 2 people in theory survive the whole thing or did it have to end with one survivor?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Again about Rinka looking threatening.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

mycelia posted:

Teenage girls are scary :colbert:

For me, it's the red eyes and jacket mainly. I like red eyes, but they're also scary.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Hwurmp posted:

He wouldn't talk down to Rinka like that if she was some kind of psycho amazon

Good thing we have none of them around :v:

On a related note. The story does cite Rinka as looking dangerous or threatening etc sometimes. Which is why I asked.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

This is all really interesting and I feel like the translation probably loses a ton of context.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Well this has been adorable.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I assume that after commissioning Miharu in 5 different outfits doing various dances etc. They ran out of art money to have a Rinka carrying someone :v:

I appreciate that they make the most of what they have though haha.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

What an emotional rollercoaster.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I'd like to see Federico not be useless. Give him a gun or some explosives or something.

I actually like him. There's something about his self-awareness that's kind of adorable.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 19, 2021

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

ZCKaiser posted:

Parca being like "well that was interesting! Anyways..." is very funny to me for some reason.

I'm guessing that Yu's regret changed at some point, thus the card shattered as soon as it was handled. Of course, it's hard to say why it changed, as one of a few different things could have caused it.

Which means that Rinka no longer has all 3 of his cards.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

You're spitting lots of venom today.

I appreciate weird lines like this because this is how my Autistic brain makes me talk in real life sometimes when I let my guard down.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Right because if Yu dies then Naomi will be returned.

But Rinka doesn't even know his regret, right?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I absolutely understand them not dropping 12 characters on the reader at once. It would probably be really confusing.

This shot is disturbingly horny, and I don't know why they went with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

And I appreciate it.