Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
stranger of paradise is chock full of jokes and lil winks to the camera and such and people were so insistent on pretending otherwise that they had to write reviews and such saying the game was funny on accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
ff14 1.0 made basically every possible bad decision you could make in an mmo. like every single piece of ui was handled server side so things like opening your inventory all had horrible lag on them. it was a game that not only managed to ignore every single advancement in mmos since the release of ff11, they also forgot every lesson they learned in ff11 lol. 14 1.0 would probably have also been a bad game in 1999, which is really saying something.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh, well I have a lot of posters in this thread on ignore so

dont tell on yourself like this

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
the 13 series is about the louis vuitton model lightning constantly getting caught up in the schemes and machinations of godlike beings and deciding to solve that problem with a sword. so its pretty explicitly about rejecting fate.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1671723433280036865

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

frajaq posted:

are any of these good lol

they all are

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
13-2 has crazy chocobo, it cant be a bad game

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
coming into the final fantasy thread to complain about kingdom hearts alphabet soup nonsense lmfao. lets go.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Ibram Gaunt posted:

13 would have been better if the intro stuff was like 5 hours shorter.

this is its one single flaw but if you can look past it its kino

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
it wouldve been closer but sony still probably wins given nintendos strategy around the n64 era was to focus more on cultivating a small number of trusted second party developers (rare, HAL) rather than having a wide open field any third party dev can hop into. theres an advantage to this strat (the easier it is for third party devs to release games for you, the likelier it is you get shovelware that impinges on your brand). but in this time period it was probably more important to have lots of cool new games to show off, since cd was new tech. this was definitely helpful to sony for example, even if it means you end up with mid like crime killer carrying your name on the cover.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

shoeberto posted:

All the compilation stuff is just cutting away the stuff that made FF7 memorable and replacing it with more anime tropes

drat, those dastardly anime tropes...

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

NikkolasKing posted:

What do you want me to say "different people notice different things"? I recall specifically posting about the anime grunts even before FFVIIR came out, back when the first bit of gameplay was leaked. It's not because Dunkey or whoever made a video.

If it doesn't bug you, fine, but I didn't get my opinion from a YouTuber I never watch.

i mean that would be better than the like 5 mins ago when it was "oh everybody notices it"

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
ff13 is good actually

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Cleretic posted:

And then I played Nioh because I thought maybe the gameplay would save it, only to find more reasons to hate it.

I didn't enjoy the last time Team Ninja made a game with a terrible loot system and unengaging gameplay about an angry white boy surrounded by more interesting characters, why would I enjoy this one?

that post was not an invitation for you to be annoying

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Cleretic posted:

I'm quite happy I was wrong on this one, but I do find it weird in retrospect that their pre-release description of Thavnair was all 'this is where Dancers be from' and no 'this is Alchemist Country', when Endwalker's actual story flipped that around completely; I'm pretty sure there's not even a named dancer NPC in the expansion, or a single line of extra dialog for you being a Dancer (which probably puts it in the minority of jobs, EW loving loves recognizing when you've done a sideplot). Meanwhile, a significant chunk of Endwalker's story is powered by Thavnairian alchemy.

Still a little mad that the actual story for alchemists was just a cooking storyline, though.

But honestly, I'm not sure why I bither with this thread. I say literally one word against a game and poo poo explodes. And of course then I can't help but take the bait, and my posts are read very differently than intended.

when youve spent years on this forum refusing to engage with other people because you are so convinced of your own innate rightness that you talk at people instead of to them and ignore anything they say that even hints at a challenge to you, you should not be surprised that they start treating you similarly

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
most of the people going for the ps1 era pastiche tend not to do a good example of accurately reflecting reality. a great example is bloodborne psx (also a stupid name ftr) where a hodgepodge group of models are just way too low poly. and the only explanation i can think of is the creator of that fun lil thing was going more for "ps1 as i remember it" rather than ps1 as what it was. but we all know better! you know better! its a look thats gonna be incredibly difficult to get exactly right and the work is not worth it when going in either direction in time is gonna get better results.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

90sgamer posted:

Those dots are just city lights. Also searching on Google and it looks like the designers of Strangers in Paradise based that area actually on FF4's Giant of Babel dungeon.

If they wanted to impress me SOP would have looked like the aesthetic of Nintendo Power's Final Fantasy art.

literally wrong

quote:

The Flying Fortress, also known as Sky Castle or Floating Castle, is a location from the original Final Fantasy only accessible through the Mirage Tower. In the NES and MSX versions, in a significant plot twist, it was revealed on entry to be a purely-technological satellite station in high stellar orbit above the planet, displaying the stars in the background; the releases starting with the WonderSwan Color version changed it into a more traditional castle in the clouds, albeit still made with technology significantly more advanced than anything on the surface. This structure is where the Wind Crystal rests and where the Fiend of Wind, Tiamat, awaits the Warriors of Light.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
i have not even played it it just turns out the people who do not like it are all being really annoying about it and i dont like annoying people. also pretty bonkers to just act like one of the coolest parts of ff1 is just fake and didnt happen.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Endorph posted:

yeah the rights wound up with a tourism/resort/gambling company and they care so little that they havent even crapped out a shadow hearts pachinko machine

sad lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
that sounds miserable

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I still see aging gen xer goons talk about how socially unacceptable it is to watch anime etc still lol. Bitch both schools I worked at had kids of all ages and social demographics talking to eachother publically about how sick the latest JJK or MHA ep was or wearing anime t shirts. It's normal!

disliking anime is gbs, its true

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
quake makes deceptisol actually worth using cuz each lets each get full value from the other at no real cost. id say renew is the least useful because if youre gonna dip into tp anyways summon is renew but with a buttload of free damage tacked on. summon is also a way to fight the adamantoise style enemies before youre completely ready statswise because eidolons cause those enemies to automatically get knocked down

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
long term data storage was also really expensive and space intensive until relatively recently

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
considering ff8 was explicitly written and marketed as "a love story between squall and rinoa" i doubt it was an accident and i doubt itd do anything good to change that

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

EightFlyingCars posted:

lulu's kimono doesn't have a single belt on it. is nomura okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU3el-Kk8Fw

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
i mean kids right now are exposed to a lot of incredibly violent content nearly every day because american culture for the most part is insanely libertine about violence. and its not like you need to fully grasp and immerse yourself in every single theme or aspect of a work to enjoy it lol, plenty of people enjoyed final fantasy tactics or 12 as children without getting every nuance.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Again, not to say that one is better or worse necessarily and I'm glad we have both, I really just do wonder if younger kids see FF16 and think "that's rad"...

yes bro!!!!

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Endorph posted:

find posts by user

crtl + f 'c-spam'

'ah'

lol every time

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Endorph posted:

personally im reallyl excited for a bunch of 43 year olds to jack off about how much they hate games they havent played in 20 years instead of having a thread where i can make jokes about the cast of ff7 having gay sex

hey now, thats inaccurate. theres also 35 year olds who want to act like the 43 year olds.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

cock hero flux posted:

there's no exclusivity, it's entirely possible to have masturbatory complaining and jokes about the cast of ff7 having gay sex in the same thread at the same time

i dont believe you

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
shut the gently caress up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Meowywitch posted:

Kaguya, what is your favorite final fantasy song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFF5i3YCX3A

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
the best final fantasy is a fake idea sold to you by the people whos favorite is 7 or 10, because as the greediest of gods children under heaven, simply being the most popular ones is not good enough for them.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
ffx's good combat system ends up meaning nothing because youre gonna get 3 characters that have quick hit and then the game is basically over several dozen hours early lol.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

ImpAtom posted:

I think people generally don't min-max to that level their first time through.

but if we are talking about the combat system instead of "wow this game is so fun the first time through" then you talk about minmaxing lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
the standard path doesnt demand characters stick to their roles lol, it gently suggests it until you get key spheres or the special spheres that let you change that. and thats not that hard.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
mads and otomads are so old they not only predate youtube, they predate consumer level internet lol. they were originally traded around as vhs tapes.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
i mean thats almost definitely already happening consider the flurry of articles a few months ago that all said "the guys behind final fantasy tactics all very busy right now wink wink"

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
square-enix could not even make a decent pc port until a few years ago lol, you would not want 2010-~2019 era square-enix pc port of fft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Agents are GO! posted:

Yes I do. :colbert:

(The real reason for the ports improving, AFAIK, is that fact that console architecture is much closer to pc these days.)

thats not why, because some of the most infamous examples of their horrible ports have nothing to do with that. a great example being the previous versions of 1-6 being the awful mobile ports. the amount of work it would have taken to just make a wrapper for emulated versions of those games was probably pretty close to identical. s-e just did not care enough about the pc market to put any effort in until quite recently.