Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The best final fantasy is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

About drat time!!!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Heran Bago posted:

Aside from recency-bias, why do people like Emet-Selch that much?

i also would like to know this. he sucks

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Clarste posted:

Also he has a funny little wave.

I hate that dumb little wave. Its a stupid anime trope you see everywhere and I dont even watch a lot of anime!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Clarste posted:

Hmm, I would say that the general idea of giving a casual wave without turning around is pretty common, but his specific floppy-hand dead fish wave is a little more unique to him.

This is not a distinction I'm prepared to give much weight

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The Emet-Selch in Shadowbringers is p much a completely different character than the Emet-Selch in endwalker

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Emet-Selch is just another boomer dickhead raging cuz he cant understand why you dont want the same thing he does

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

One thing I will say about Emet-Selch is that not even the Shadowbringers version of Emet-Selch was as bad as the big bad from Endwalker jesus.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait what the gently caress why is Wakka so popular all of a sudden? Did they do an FF14 event with him or something? I don't play FF14

He had sex with Tidus

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Tristrat is much better than FFT tbh.

Probably even better than FFTA2

But is it better than tactics ogre?????

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

jokes posted:

Monster Hunter is boring and tedious as poo poo, so FFXV's combat is an excellent fit for a MonHun competitor

:chloe:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cleretic posted:

Full remakes of every single Final Fantasy as the character action games they have decided everybody wants them to be.

Also Vivi will say 'gently caress'.

Hell yeah :hellyeah:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Procrastine posted:

Secret of Mana seems like a bad example because its combat loving sucks

The Trials of Mana remake owns tho

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

FireWorksWell posted:

You mean Twials of Mana

:mrwhite:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I will never play a kingdom hearts

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

YRP in position

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Hahaa

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Arist posted:

e: though a goon in a different thread who I don't trust all that much posted a leak that mentioned "War of the Lions," which suggests they might remaster it this year now that they've done Tactics Ogre.

How dare you say that about our beloved Vikar

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My first final fantasy was FF4 and guess what it's still the best

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Nomura designed the two worst characters in FF6

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Downloading rn

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Boy of Joy posted:

FWIW I found the PS4 demo to be super smooth and responsive and didn’t have too much trouble nailing timings. In fact I was a little surprised how late you can hit notes and still register as not “bad”, coming off the Taiko game

My system must have some huge freakin delay cuz at -15 timing adjustment it's still way off, but with headphones on and the adjustment at -3 it's perfect.

It's strange tho cuz I've never noticed any audio delay with my setup before

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I can do the blue difficulty level in theatrhythm just fine but the red level is a serious jump up lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Spiggy posted:

Stormblood is the best expansion.

Finally somebody gets it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Is there any other local co-op for theatrhythm that's not the "pair play" using a single controller? It's really awkward to both hold on to the same controller and the function seems broken anyway since it still seems you can hit any note with any button anywhere on the controller regardless of what staff line it's on?? Always looking for games that Fridgelina and I can play together and shes interested in this one, but local co-op as it seems is both uncomfortable and broken?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Oh god I'm so stupid. I didnt realise there was a toggle to switch between standard, simple, and pair charts haha. Okay this is better but still wish we could use two separate controllers

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Boy of Joy posted:

You absolutely can use separate controllers for pair play, played it all last weekend with a friend. There wasn’t like any setting or anything he just turned on the controller and logged in and it worked. Hope you figure it out! Pair play is a blast

Lol thanks. After finding the pair play chart toggle I completely forgot about switching the single controller pair play off in the settings lol. Works a treat now! :D

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

armpit_enjoyer posted:

e: oops i'm a fuckin dildo, disregard

Nice edit

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Vitamean posted:

Next Special Day - February 16!

My birthday! :neckbeard:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have spent $99.99 on the PlayStation Store... time to preload

Same. Pre-ordered, pre-loaded, ready to go. 15 and a half hours to go...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

bovis posted:

Theatrhythm unlocks in 45 minutes for me since I have a New Zealand PSN account. So hyped...

Lucky...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Boy of Joy posted:

I haven’t been this excited for a new game release since…. Uh. Elden Ring?! Kinda crazy considering it’s a relatively simple Final Fantasy rhythm game but holy hell it got its hooks in me through the demo. Bravo Squenix!

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing this morning wrt elden ring. So hype rn

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

They've always been really cagey with ff14 stuff in these sort of spin-off games. I remember ff14 content in ffrk pretty much stopped at heavensward for the longest time and Idk if it even progressed past that cuz I stopped playing after a while

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

BabyRyoga posted:

As a veteran rhythm game player, Final Bar Line (switch ver, if it makes a difference) is about as unplayable as the series has ever been. Probably more.

The song list is absolutely massive, which is nice, but the game play is meh. I find it impossible to hold my switch and use both analog sticks, which is basically required. The directional swipes have always felt terrible when they come in succession of other directional swipes since the 3ds stylus days, and they are somehow even worse when you are juggling two analog sticks while trying not to drop your switch.

The musical component of the game feels about the same as giving someone a stick and telling them to hit a trashcan to the beat of a song. I really wish they'd have completely overhauled this game and done way more with it.

I think someone who isn't really into rhythm games but likes an interactive expanded FF series museum of sorts might have fun with it.

Works fine on my machine

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I fell asleep before midnight and now I have to go to work. Havent gotten to play the full game yet :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

ff14 should have gotten a series track for each of ARR/HW/SB/ShB/EW imo

Strongly agree

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Hopefully they will just conti8be to add dlc packs long after what's already been confirmed. Keep releasing the tracks. My money is yours

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

The people want Lakshmi's theme

Fucken right they do

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

bees x1000 posted:

Got a strange request: anyone here have a screenshot of the FFT phone port main menu options? The iOS port is showing a black screen for me but I can still click on things. I want to change volume and turn off the extra prompts and a picture will allow me to guess at it. Thanks.

This?

I'm on android so not sure if it makes a difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

bloodychill posted:

A key thing if you’re playing on PS is that if you use a PS headset or plug headphones into the controller, the timing gets a lot easier and closer to zero. If you’re running through speakers and have some combo of a receiver and other HDMI stuff and a TV with lag, chances are that -15 will probably be the most optimal setting. I learned this back when the Patapon remasters came out and plugging headphones into the controller was the only way to play since there was no way to configure a manual delay.

Depends on how you have it set up. I originally had my ps5 plugged into the tv and than the audio from the tv going to the receiver via arc and the delay was much more than -15 and the game was unplayable. I only had it set up that way cuz the receiver was old and only output at 1080p. Figured it was time to get a new one so have it set up so the ps5 signal passes through the receiver and the delay is much more tolerable. Make sure to set the sound field on your receiver to something simple like multi channel stereo or whatever, something that doesnt require a lot of processing similar to putting the tv into game mode. Helps a bunch. Have my delay set at -3 like this and it's near enough perfect.