Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

I think they're like a southern bengals

Excuse you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Draft like 5-10 sumo wrestlers

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Respecting the run game isn't a real thing, you don't need a good running game to throw the ball successfully
Thank God you're just a mod for the book barn.

Wait a minute...

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

When your opponent stacks the box when you're ripping them up in the running game, it doesn't pull LBs from coverage and open the passing game.

Alsowhile Play Action isn't important. It's called Play Action because boi you best be playing if you think it matters. Furthermost,

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Not going to stand for Frank Gore erasure. Tell Meredith to clear my afternoon, I'm about to get reckless

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A Team Needs More Than One Good Guy by Ace McNutts is pretty much the first and last book you need to read on the subject of football analytics. It's that good.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Quarterback: high variance position. Best not to draft one too high as it's impossible to know whether their skills and mindset will translate from college

Runningback: grist for the mill. Best found on the Undrafted list as they will be the hungrier and most likely to prove themselves.

Tight End: Draft order depends on years spent playing basketball. If at all possible you should draft a pure basketball player and avoid football all together. This ensures they will have no enforced bad habits allowing you to create the ideal player from scratch.

Wide receiver: a team has, by last count, five or six wide receivers on the field at any one time. As such a high draft pick value is immediately diluted. Stick to the middle rounds if at all possible.

Offenseive lineman: Puts the team on their back literally, metaphorically, and metaphysically. First round no brainers. They are the only player to have "offensive" in their job title because they are as such keys to the offense.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Thinking about replacing the power train in my car with 6th round RBs

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Crazy how TFF still has the best football opinions on the internet when all our football opinions fuckin suck!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What's worse: to get to, and lose, the Super Bowl? Or never be born? The answer may surprise you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Magicpants posted:

yeah but they still call other stuff that isnt as good in between which is just stupid

find the play that averages the highest amount of yards, then only call that play, duh, this is basic math
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the mathematically unstoppable 4.0 YPC