Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AndrewP posted:

can't even imagine how awful ATL would look with Fields back there instead of Ryan right now

If you draft fields you sit him with the express goal of building a line and you leak constantly that you’re preparing him and envision him like a new Mahomes or whatever.

Let Flacco go out there and absorb hits and the Georgia fans would eat it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

You know who would've helped that? Penei Sewell or Rashawn Slater.

That doesn’t fix the other four players on the line also being bad. I’m not saying Pitts was a great pick, but they have a ton of holes so you can sort of see the logic of taking a guy you view as completely unique rather than a solid tackle which can be found elsewhere.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

The more I think about it the more ok I am with the all-out blitz on 4th and 11. I think it really was decent clock management as what you really dont want in that spot is for them to string together a couple first downs and win the game on a chip shot. The way we did it was go all or nothing and if they score, at least we have time to answer, which we did.

The guy you've fired 100 times agrees with you.

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1462868319506251782

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It’s only ok because the Ravens won. If they didn’t score then this would not be ok.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Kalli posted:

Yeah, he's.... probably the best player on that roster? Which should explain a lot.

I wouldn't say he's the best player (That would be Ragnow when he's healthy), but he is without question excellent player and probably a future All-Pro.

It is extremely funny though that so many people freaked out about Sewell bouncing between LT and RT when Decker went out, claiming it would ruin his development to send him back to RT and we should trade Decker... and then in his last two starts back at RT Sewell just utterly dominated and didn't allow a single pressure.

dude owns

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Gatts posted:

It’s only ok because the Ravens won. If they didn’t score then this would not be ok.

Has winning ever stopped me from complaining in the past?? :D

AndrewP posted:

The guy you've fired 100 times agrees with you.

And yes I don't always like Harbaugh. And I think what he is doing here is just defending Martindale more than anything because that's what he does. I'm not really sure the Ravens were doing this specific strategy at the time but it is possible. But I have said this in the past that I often think teams go into prevent type defenses way too early and at the wrong times. So that's why I came back and said I won't go after them too hard for this one. Because if we'd executed the blitz better we might have got a sack or forced an errant throw. Like I said there the worst thing that can happen is just a first down and no score because then they might get some chip shot field goal walk off. And you don't want that. You want to have the ball last.

The real stupid thing we did was on the second to last play we gave them a completion to the middle of the field and let their guy run all the way out of bounds. That made no sense!! Any in bounds tackle there would have ended the game. That's all we had to do was have a guy on him and tackle him and the Bears wouldn't have got a chance at that last play. But this will be overlooked because Bowser sacked Dalton and ended it on the hail mary attempt.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1462898004851974144?t=72IbP5jwlcg_u3sn3XBpBw&s=19

loving laser

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
The Chargers might be a division rival but drat if I don't enjoy seeing the Steelers lose in soul-crushing fashion :toot:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

I think they're like a southern bengals

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
If your base defense isn't cover 1 then you're a coward.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

I think they're like a southern bengals

Excuse you!

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

That's one of the few times I've seen him this year really dig his cleats in to throw harder

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Also, lol https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1462927488464474113?t=s-WyuaB6ovOJWu0ZMr0YjQ&s=19

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Who dat who dey whatever both these teams have stupid chants, forgive me if I mix them up

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/1462995029782253571?t=7Hh3RsYfQelXySNpNhWdPg&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who dat say they gonna beat them falcons

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cavauro posted:

who dat say they gonna beat them falcons

*checks schedule*

the Jags

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The Bucs offense is annoyingly efficient. Brady can play forever in this offense.

That's the depth of my analysis. Thanks for reading.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They have to nuke their entire org at this point. Gettleman/Judge/Jones should be gone. They have poo poo for cap space because they wasted it all on Kenny Golladay and James Bradberry.

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/1463146700500049923

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

They have to nuke their entire org at this point. Gettleman/Judge/Jones should be gone. They have poo poo for cap space because they wasted it all on Kenny Golladay and James Bradberry.

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/1463146700500049923

It’s kind of incredible that the Jets and the Giants hired maybe two of the worst GMs of all time in Maccagnan and Gettleman in the same window.

https://twitter.com/jcaporoso/status/1463150050075455493?s=21

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The Giants have no cap space thinking this was a make or break season for the entire organization and it's hard to imagine things being worse than they are right now. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a jaguars-esque teardown over the next couple years

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chucktesla posted:

The Giants have no cap space thinking this was a make or break season for the entire organization and it's hard to imagine things being worse than they are right now. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a jaguars-esque teardown over the next couple years

Christ, they can fix some of it, but they have $4m in cap space next year. What the hell

James Bradberry has a $22m cap hit
Leonard Williams a $27m
Kenny Golladay $21m
Blake Martinez $14m
Adoree Jackson $15.5m
Sterling Shepard $12.5m
Logan Ryan $12m

what the gently caress

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

Christ, they can fix some of it, but they have $4m in cap space next year. What the hell

Leonard Williams a $27m
Kenny Golladay $21m
Blake Martinez $14m
Adoree Jackson $15.5m
Sterling Shepard $12.5m
Logan Ryan $12m

what the gently caress

Gettleman...might actually be worse than Maccagnan. I feel like the Giants' offseason this year was basically the equivalent of the Jets going all in after Gase's 7-9 year (which thankfully Douglas did not do!). Just catastrophic in every respect--was going to say at least they have an extra first round pick, but that came at the cost of *not* drafting Fields/Jones and having to look for a QB in a ragged QB class.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh man

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1463146061451735048

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
As much as I loved Kenny G on the Lions, letting him walk is looking like a really good decision in retrospect.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

If Baldy is this down on you, you are totally hosed.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Leonard Williams a $27m
Kenny Golladay $21m
Blake Martinez $14m
Adoree Jackson $15.5m
Sterling Shepard $12.5m
Logan Ryan $12m

what the gently caress

first time looking at a Gettleman team huh

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Did... All three of them think they were the hot there

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
"The cap isn't real," Gettleman whispers to himself as he prepares another gargantuan and ruinous contract.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

"The cap isn't real," Gettleman whispers to himself as he prepares another gargantuan and ruinous contract.
This time to Saquon Barkley.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alaois posted:

first time looking at a Gettleman team huh

They have a rookie QB earning peanuts what the hell man

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

As much as I loved Kenny G on the Lions, letting him walk is looking like a really good decision in retrospect.

You get a third round comp pick and Tyrell Williams instead of a cap space devouring black hole, call it a win

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Was there anyone else even bidding on Golladay in that stratosphere? I feel like I remember (1) all the reports saying Golladay wanted $18-20m/year, and (2) the Giants being the odds-on favorite from the jump and no one else being super interested.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Was there anyone else even bidding on Golladay in that stratosphere? I feel like I remember (1) all the reports saying Golladay wanted $18-20m/year, and (2) the Giants being the odds-on favorite from the jump and no one else being super interested.
All the receivers were settling for 1 year deals and below market value contracts and Gettleman bursts through the door like the Kool-Aid Man and hands Golladay $40m guaranteed.

Also, lol
https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1463146585538322436

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Kalli posted:

Leonard Williams a $27m
Kenny Golladay $21m
Blake Martinez $14m
Adoree Jackson $15.5m
Sterling Shepard $12.5m
Logan Ryan $12m

what the gently caress

2 of these are real players I’ve heard of before

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Some year there will be a cool NFL management sim like OOTP Baseball or Football Manager and hard mode will be taking over the 2022 Giants

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my friend is going to rank the qbs

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Professor Funk posted:

It’s kind of incredible that the Jets and the Giants hired maybe two of the worst GMs of all time in Maccagnan and Gettleman in the same window.

https://twitter.com/jcaporoso/status/1463150050075455493?s=21

The worst draft pick of all time?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

DeimosRising posted:

The worst draft pick of all time?

Yeah that seems a little histrionic. There was surely a better option to fit what the Giants needed there, but Saquon isn’t even close to being a bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Also a weird comment given Maccagnan drafted Hackenberg in the 2nd round. Though I would argue that’s the most *embarrassing* pick of all time, though not the worst given it wasn’t a high 1st rounder.