Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I really like this guy (except for the owner son thing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Freaquency posted:

Yeah that seems a little histrionic. There was surely a better option to fit what the Giants needed there, but Saquon isn’t even close to being a bust.

his rookie contract is just about up and he’s yet to gain 4000 all purpose yards, his cap hit starts going up starting next season and he’s only been an especially good RB part of his rookie year. that seems fairly bustish

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Freaquency posted:

It’s still ridiculous to say he’s the worst draft pick of all time though.

oh definitely not. I’m not even convinced he’s a bust personally but I can see where people are coming from

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kalli posted:

Counterpoint: PFF manages to be worse then everything short of QBR.

because when they say “eye” test they mean it in the literal singular sense. they have to be watching multiple people per play to assign grades to and they only watch each play once (iirc an interview I read) so they can get grades out immediately. so like a guy will have to grade the entire OL based on seeing the game and one look at all 22 and another guy has to grade all the WRs. so each player is only getting .2-.33 of an eye per play.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sour Diesel posted:

linebackers have gotten smaller and fullbacks are more useful than ever right now

fullbacks have gotten smaller too though. in fact many positions are suffering from this, look at Kyler Murray

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Hell, you want to see the difference an elite RB can make, just compare the Titans offense from before and after Henry went out. Defenses were worried about one person on the offense balling out, and it certainly wasn't loving Tannehill.

this applies to a lot of positions though. if you remove a lynchpin player in-season it’s gonna gently caress you up, absolutely. Tackles, QB, RB, even WR1. But the dropoff from Derrick Henry (who I agree is a football god) to Najee Harris or Austin Ekeler isn’t nearly as meaningful as going from Lamar Jackson to Jalen Hurts, or Quentin Nelson to (idk guards really, let’s just say) Ben Braden.

an elite RB just won’t alter your offense in the same way adding an elite tackle or receiver could in today’s nfl. like if you could choose between your team having Henry or Nuk I think you’d be hard pressed to justify picking Henry

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

1st: OT
2nd: DE
3rd: DL/OG
4th: OG
5th: TE (basically a receiver who can block a little)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Defensive or offensive either way, I want someone who weighs at least 290.

every body is a cornerback body if you play them at quarterback. don’t fatshame

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ironic Twist posted:

Let prospects sign wherever they want, draft coaches.

agree. turn draft position into rookie salary cap space, worse teams get more to sign rookies (still have to stay under regular cap)

Docjowles posted:

But trying to argue that going from Henry to 98 year old Adrian Peterson or whatever doesn’t matter is laughable.

nobody has done this except in your mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sweet thursday posted:

The answer may surprise you

it won’t