Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
The respect of this forums means nothing.

And that's just the way I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
alec is a genius!!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Alec Eiffel posted:

just seems hella suspicious that a bunch of people got gang tags (“Jihad Squad”) with the avatar they had directly prior to the one I had purchased. I’m not alleging a mass conspiracy, just a mass cover-up.

If someone used the store to change them, it might make sense to try to get more for their money.

Regarding previous avatars, it is pretty easy to look up avatar history at sites like https://goons.neocities.org/. If you see the multiple versions of their current avatar, you can be reasonably sure that the store was used to repurchase them. People can, however, also just use img tags with a previous avatar's URL, so the absence of multiple versions of that avatar does not particularly prove anything.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

astral posted:

If someone used the store to change them, it might make sense to try to get more for their money.

Regarding previous avatars, it is pretty easy to look up avatar history at sites like https://goons.neocities.org/. If you see the multiple versions of their current avatar, you can be reasonably sure that the store was used to repurchase them. People can, however, also just use img tags with a previous avatar's URL, so the absence of multiple versions of that avatar does not particularly prove anything.

Also unless you changed something, you can tell the difference between a mod-given av and a bought av by copying the image url and viewing it. If it's a hash/random-ish numbers, they bought it, if it looks like coherent words containing the path "images/avatars" then it's mod-done.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Also unless you changed something, you can tell the difference between a mod-given av and a bought av by copying the image url and viewing it. If it's a hash/random-ish numbers, they bought it, if it looks like coherent words containing the path "images/avatars" then it's mod-done.

Didn't change anything about that, but I should note that mods and store users alike can use [img] tags, meaning where a file is uploaded and who chooses to include it in a title can be different.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

astral posted:

Didn't change anything about that, but I should note that mods and store users alike can use [img] tags, meaning where a file is uploaded and who chooses to include it in a title can be different.

right I mean solely for avatars, like yours is:
https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/avatars/astral_4.jpg

and mine/bought ones are:
https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/6a/af/00165861.0005.png

gangtags themselves tend to also look like /images/avatars because I'm assuming that's how the mod upload vs/store upload process works

my first job was working on a huge legacy/cobbled-together PHP app so I have an affinity for finding little idiosyncrasies like that

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Alec Eiffel posted:

It really easy to get people to respect you in this sub-forum: vlog. Or say “Glenn is right” but to be honest I haven’t watched Glenn Beck since his Fox days.

why are you not vlogging itt

no respect for you atm

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

"oh no I'll eat a slight probe" pfft gently caress outta here, do it you giant pussy

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I’ll save up some vlogs for the next iteration of this thread in three days time. Or maybe the one after that in like six days.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive posted every bad word there is. any questions?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
remember when ppl made the case that "normal" was ableist. lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

exmarx posted:

"being an ik" is like the lowest stake poo poo in the world lol

love when ppl go nuts about iks being "unfair" or whatever lol. bro half the iks on this forum are chosen by random number.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020
i you cant be arbitrary and spiteful then you should be getting paid IMO

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020
no viet cong ever called me normal

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Smythe posted:

Prove it, call Mace Windu the n-word.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Smythe posted:

remember when ppl made the case that "normal" was ableist. lmao

the yin to the retardds yang. one cant exist without the other

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

the retardds yang.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Smythe posted:

then why is larry still banned from cspam, and your rableist rear end is free? one does wonder. perhaps jeffery could elucidate?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

really queer Christmas posted:

Prove it, call Mace Windu the n-word.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Master Windu (to you heathens) was incredibly NEGLECTFUL of Anakin, ultimately leading Anakin to seek solace in Palpatine.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imagine being such a dumbass you call a force ghost the n-word lol. theres asking for trouble and then theres being suicidal. no ty. :byewhore:

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Master Windu was a diversity hire. Yoda is an extreme racist. They’re the Odd Couple.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
anyone remember matt stovers "shatterpoint" where mace windu went back to his home planet which was like basically space kenya and had to engage in mortal kombat with a savage beast of a man? i remember.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
lol shat

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The only thing this thread reads is Glenn Beck tweets

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Smythe posted:

anyone remember matt stovers "shatterpoint" where mace windu went back to his home planet which was like basically space kenya and had to engage in mortal kombat with a savage beast of a man? i remember.

you cant remember anything can you

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/tGZLQne.mp4

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Azathoth posted:

I understand that you're doing this for attention, and I would like to discourage that, so for every minute of vlogs of this thread that you post, I will probate you for one day.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fuckin narc

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020
looks to be about 30 minutes IMO

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Alec Eiffel posted:

fuckin narc

you have no one to blame but yourself for this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Alec Eiffel posted:

Shave that neck, come on dog.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Shave that neck, come on dog.

I would ask how he expects to be a vlog superstar looking like that, then I remember that Vaush exists.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Alec Eiffel posted:

lmao

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

bleeding kansas posted:

consider getting rid of them and give shallnoiseupon the star, please

nope, had the Big Blue Star in Games and it made me loving hate the forums

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Alec Eiffel posted:

Dude, get some sleep, you look like you haven't caught a Z in three days.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

come on dog.

And so the Morally Inept rereg reveals himself

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

alec fuckin rocks dude. hes a pro poster. let the man vlog i say

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

Alec Eiffel posted:

fuckin narc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Ol sakkman posted:

alec fuckin rocks dude. hes a pro poster. let the man vlog i say

As a mod, I care a lot about precedent. And because I just set the precedent at 1 min (or less, rounding up) of vlogging equals one day of probation, I am afraid that my hands are now tied on this and I have no choice but to continue this policy indefinitely.