Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Post 9-11 Windows posted:

I dunno seems like a perfect place to remind people that the Beatles hit their wives instead of trying to whitewash their history.

no one has done that making light of it is actually way worse than the discussion the thread had about it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Post 9-11 Windows posted:

I dunno seems like a perfect place to remind people that the Beatles hit their wives instead of trying to whitewash their history.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

punishedkissinger posted:

no one has done that making light of it is actually way worse than the discussion the thread had about it already.

the discussion amounted to hand wringing and saying “well john’s mom died” so hard disagree there

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

yes thats all that was said. you nailed it. if there's something you want to contribute about Lennon (or Ringo), by all means do so, but the insinuation that this thread is somehow DV apologia is dumb as gently caress, even by goon standards.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

E whatever

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 4, 2021

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
If you listen to an artist that committed crimes, you by proxy inherit and condone those crimes. It’s basic physics, people.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Lol you edited your post, but did you think they were taking about Jeffrey Epstein?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Jose Oquendo posted:

Lol you edited your post, but did you think they were taking about Jeffrey Epstein?

loving lol if true

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I quite like The Beatles

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Bum the Sad posted:

That’s why he rules. He also always shows up and is drama free.

A drummer who can

1. Show up on time every day,
2. Sober (enough) and
3. Keep tempo

is basically a gold mine and you should never let them leave

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Seaniqua posted:

everyone should listen to more Billy Preston

Everyone's heard it a million times but imagine listening to the opening piano riff of Nothing From Nothing and not getting funky as gently caress in your chair or wherever you're walking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2bE-OBtwk

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 4, 2021

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if i met the beatles right now i could beat each one of their asses so bad it would send them to the hospital. i could probably take two beatles at once in a fight. everyone knows they were bitch made

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hell Yeah posted:

if i met the beatles right now i could beat each one of their asses so bad it would send them to the hospital. i could probably take two beatles at once in a fight. everyone knows they were bitch made

They should have been beaten from the moment they were born

RFK Jr.
Dec 4, 2021

by Hand Knit

Hell Yeah posted:

Raid.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

They should have been beaten from the moment they were born

imagine how much better the world would be. i would send all of them to the hospital. especially john lennon, talk about a punchable face

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

i used to think Ringo was pretty unremarkable but the documentary makes it pretty clear his biggest talent is tolerating john and paul

There’s also a long series of interviews with McCartney out right now, and he talks about how Ringo was the missing piece when they got started playing live. I guess it’s hard to appreciate the difference when we’re only listening to recordings, but when they were primarily a live band, it gave them a lot more energy.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
It's only tangentially Beatles related but another good documentary is Under the Volcano that came out earlier this year. In the late 70s, George Martin started a studio on Montserrat, a Caribbean island, and a lot of big songs/albums from the '80s were recorded there, like from Elton John, The Police, Dire Straits and Paul McCartney. And it has a lot of home movies from that time plus interviews with a lot of the artists.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Schweinhund posted:

It's only tangentially Beatles related but another good documentary is Under the Volcano that came out earlier this year. In the late 70s, George Martin started a studio on Montserrat, a Caribbean island, and a lot of big songs/albums from the '80s were recorded there, like from Elton John, The Police, Dire Straits and Paul McCartney. And it has a lot of home movies from that time plus interviews with a lot of the artists.

Elton Jaun

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

SIMPLY HAVING A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME

This song rules.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

HD DAD posted:

Paul’s section in A Day in the Life sucks rear end

You are out of your loving mind.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

AHH F/UGH posted:

A drummer who can

1. Show up on time every day,
2. Sober (enough) and
3. Keep tempo
4. Own up to farting.

is basically a gold mine and you should never let them leave

Fixed.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

I wonder if Epstein could have held them in check if he hadnt passed

By this time they had three singer-songwriters frustrated that they were limited to five songs per album, tops. Epstein might have made the breakup happier by limiting their exposure to financial issues, but they were moving beyond the Beatles creatively. Sad that without the pressure cooker of the Beatles, no solo Beatle could match that creativity over whole albums.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bismack Billabongo posted:

This song rules.

Will you be simply having a wonderful Christmas time this year

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

don Jaime posted:

By this time they had three singer-songwriters frustrated that they were limited to five songs per album, tops. Epstein might have made the breakup happier by limiting their exposure to financial issues, but they were moving beyond the Beatles creatively. Sad that without the pressure cooker of the Beatles, no solo Beatle could match that creativity over whole albums.

Band On The Run is slamming from front to back and better than like, Beatles For Sale and their early albums with tons of cover songs. Hell I’d say it’s better than Magical Mystery Tour.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I finished part three and my only complaint is that I won't get to see them come back and make Abby Road.

also lol at the old woman who was moaning the concert woke her up and the "its disrupting local businesses!" :qq: people

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Hell Yeah posted:

Found the Elvis Presley fan

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
The massive amount of salt about not being able to discuss the Beatles playing a song in peace is lmao it’s gbs you dumb babies

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Any one else watching Eat poo poo?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I just looked these guys up and not a single one is an arthropod :mad:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Ichabod Tane posted:

Any one else watching Eat poo poo?

Where is it streaming

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

they called themselves the beetles because john lennon was actually thousands of scarabs inside of a humans skin

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The Beat Less because they couldn’t carry a tune

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Mark David Chapman did the right thing

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

quote:

The reason Paul sounds so sad singing Yesterday is because, just before recording, John took him aside and told him that James Bond wasn't a real person.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

The Beat Less because they couldn’t carry a tune

Maybe it was a reminder for John

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Jose Oquendo posted:

what did it say lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

no

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
my dad is watching it and i did a double take at the picture quality, for someone who grew up watching the beatles anthology on copied VHS it's pretty insane. only seen parts so far, im sure ill watch it all someday

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Brolander posted:

my dad is watching it and i did a double take at the picture quality, for someone who grew up watching the beatles anthology on copied VHS it's pretty insane. only seen parts so far, im sure ill watch it all someday

They restored it with AI and stuff. I know people were hating on it, but I thought it was good.

There's another documentary Peter Jackson did about WW1, They Shall Not Grow Old, where he went even further and colorized it and read people's lips to recreate their dialogue. That was a great documentary too. He should stick to documentaries instead of dwarf movies.