Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cugel the Clever posted:

The story of the leadup to the MI shooting that's coming out is increasingly bizarre. There'd been chatter about a threat from the student for weeks; the school repeatedly denied it; the shooter's father bought the gun used in the shooting just days prior; the school had a meeting with the kid and his parents three hours before the shooting while he had the gun in his bag.

The 15-year-old going to be charged as an adult, which seems asinine when his dad, at least, might as well have pulled the trigger. The county prosecutor is at least considering charging the parents, but it's an open question whether any charges would even stick.

Charge the parents with capital murder. Send the kid to therapy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

That’s rad I wonder when we’ll get healthcare or not lose all our reproductive rights

There's a depressing number of people who judge the state of the country by gas prices.

How many would be reading that particular tweet? I doubt very many.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arven posted:

I've been getting phonebanked by planned parenthood and democrats for the last week to try to fundraise off of whats going on right now. I'm just completely baffled why they think I'd give them money when they have explicitly failed and lost the battle. They proved they didn't have the will or means to actually fight for it when it mattered. I felt bad saying that to the volunteers they have calling me because so far they always just apologize and hang up, but goddamn.

I'm sure you made their loving day telling them to give up and that they don't matter.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stultus Maximus posted:

Maybe they'll be inspired to quit and find something productive to do with their time.

Because nothing succeeds like just giving up. Its how we beat fascism the first time, after all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It’s very difficult, if not impossible, to convince me a 15 year old should stand trial as an adult.

Agreed. The kid should spend the next three years undergoing every last psychological evaluation known to man while his parents get the scales of justice rammed up their bottoms without the benefit of lubrication.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Midjack posted:

There are probably enough in the arsenals that every city bigger than 100,000 people has at least one warhead with its name on it.

I live in the triangle between North Island, 32nd Street, and Miramar. I'm dead as poo poo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nick Soapdish posted:

Shitposters United Local 42069

What are the dues like and can I join?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bulletsponge13 posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't give a gently caress about a Matrix sequel? 20 years too late after a fairly mediocre trilogy, for a movie that the previews make look terrible.

:same:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Hey, we can put those 500,000 EV chargers next to the 500,000 carbon capture plants needed to make even the slightest dent in global carbon emissions. :downs:

Welp, might as well do absolutely nothing then :downs:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Bad Poster posted:

Why does every car need to be an enormous rolling cell phone with its own data plan when 99.999% of the time anyone gets into a car that is that technological they already have a cell phone on them?

If your car doesn't have every single gadget possible you're less of a man/woman/porpoise than you should be and that's bad.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

stealie72 posted:

I know I'm far, far off the pulse of The American Consumer, but my no-kids errand car is a 91 Toyota 2wd pickup with a bench seat, manual transmission, and lovely 2 speaker stereo that my phone can't connect to, specifically because I wanted something dead rear end simple and that didn't have all the rolling living room poo poo in it so I can actually drive and maybe listen to music. And wanted a tiny pickup because I gotta pick up hay and feed and gently caress that being inside a vehicle ever.

I've only ever owned one car and it still has less than 55k on the odometer and it has heated seats and a sunroof. That's it for gadgets and I only have those because they came with the car. It's a 2013 model year which was like the last year before all the bells and whistles started becoming industry standard.

Oh, and it has a satellite radio that I don't use because it costs extra.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grip it and rip it posted:

I dunno it seems like delaying or stopping the people who tried to seize power and kill congress so they could start rounding up undesirables is important but I'd be willing to hear the other side of this argument.

Essentially it's "Hope is a lie and optimism is cowardice."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

InAndOutBrennan posted:

You all spell Volvo 240 wrong.

I have a C30, which is the next best thing.

Soul Dentist posted:

My Trump good old boy coworker just gave me a present:

They're to stick on gas pumps and they're apparently A Thing like "Let's Go Brandon". And I gotta say I'm tempted.

Yeah, don't. Y'all don't have to like Biden or even vote for him, but don't do the GOP any favors. Even stupid theoretical ones.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 19, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hope a coal mine falls on Manchin's head.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

It'll be funny if Democrats like Fetterman pick up Senate seats based on an "I will neutralize Manchin" message while the House flips.

That'd be one of the least bad results, honestly, what with the Senate being the ones who confirm judges.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lol it's Daniel Pipes, he's an old crank nobody likes and he doesn't have enough influence to get a waiter to substitute ham for bacon at the IHOP.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Good to see that labor isn't just a bunch of flakes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

From Cosmos to this. What the gently caress happened to his mind?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I have no loving clue what Don't Look Up is.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I assume the gun is for keeping the fire away.

May be a joke, but I ain't giving this the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Welcome to the exciting world of 2022!