Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1466116049967976454

it's heeeeeeeerrrreeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

lol if that kid knew enough to try to pretend to be authority to kill more people he knew exactly what he was doing and should locked up and forgotten about.
also the dad. what a piece of poo poo.

Was it actually verified that the shooter was trying to impersonate cops to get people to open the door? I thought that was actually the sheriffs and the kids in the classroom panicked because they used the word “bro.”

I also recognize that teenagers have poor impulse control and a lack of appreciation for consequences, but making the decision to steal a gun and several magazines and carry it to school with the intent to use it while knowing that you’re under scrutiny already sounds like the opposite of impulsive. The kid intentionally killed four people, this isn’t something that can be rehabilitated or redeemed.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ded posted:

strange. its $5/gal here

Vote better next time then :smug:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Also https://twitter.com/dscc/status/1466085902208450564?s=21

This is all so goddamn embarrassing. How are they so bad at this?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Pissing in the wind here but, I think what's likely going to happen is something akin to the Slenderman stabbers. He's going to do time, likely within a psychiatric ward, and probably out sometime in his 30s.

I don't think anyone was rooting for life in a supermax but we could all easily see the courts/jury leaning that way in these idiotic times.

I’m ok with what you said about the shooter but his parents deserve to never breathe a breath of free air again. They 100% allowed this to happen.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Feeling the need to be treated for that whiplash, goddamn.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Kind of reminds me of the Face on Mars, specifically, the episode of the X-Files where a ghost-like extraterrestrial with that "face" possessed an astronaut and made him sabotage a space shuttle mission. NOTHING scared me more than that episode the first time I saw it, but just :lol: at this screengrab from it:

Also remember how last year we were all convinced that Hope Hicks gave Trump COVID? Turns out it's likely the other way around. And that a lot of other people probably got exposed to it from the Big Wet President.

quote:

From the day he tested positive until his hospitalization, Trump came in contact with more than 500 people, either those in proximity to him or at crowded events, not including rallygoers, according to a Washington Post analysis of the president’s interactions during that period.

That seven-day window reveals a president and chief of staff who took a reckless, and potentially dangerous, approach to handling the coronavirus, including Trump’s own positive test.

Trump and Meadows hid Trump’s positive test not just from the public, but also from his inner circle and from his top public health officials. He took part in a debate with Democratic rival Joe Biden three days later, never revealing the test result to Biden or event organizers.

And Trump took no extra precautions, such as mask-wearing or social distancing, to protect those he came in contact with in the days following the positive test.

By the end of October, more than two dozen people in Trump’s orbit would test positive for the coronavirus.

Trump was a loving vector in and of himself.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Update on this critical topic:

https://twitter.com/JackMurphyRGR/status/1468225920565719043

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Seems like it’s going to be a rough winter even if Omicron is potentially less deadly.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1470372755384291331

God. loving. Dammit.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Climate change has destabilized the Earth’s poles, putting the rest of the planet in peril
New research shows how rising temperatures have irreversibly altered both the Arctic and Antarctic. Ripple effects will be felt around the globe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2021/12/14/climate-change-arctic-antarctic-poles/

I’m pretty sure this is a plot point in Damnation Alley.

This seems worse:

quote:

These weak spots are like cracks in a windshield, said Oregon State University glaciologist Erin Pettit. One more blow and they could spiderweb across the entire ice shelf surface.

“This eastern ice shelf is likely to shatter into hundreds of icebergs,” she said. “Suddenly the whole thing would collapse.”

The failure of the shelf would not immediately accelerate global sea level rise. The shelf already floats on the ocean surface, taking up the same amount of space whether it is solid or liquid.

But when the shelf fails, the eastern third of Thwaites Glacier will triple in speed, spitting formerly landlocked ice into the sea. Total collapse of Thwaites could result in several feet of sea level rise, scientists say, endangering millions of people in coastal areas.

Oh, word?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I liked this movie when I first saw it, but it hasn't aged well because the Gary Stu protagonist is just so loving unlikable.

"Waaah, I lost my daddy but I've never wanted for anything in my life hey look at my Ducati, hipster storage container pad, free real estate, and how I don't do time for base jumping off a building, running from cops, and hacking a company I don't run. Oh yeah, I also dropped out of my free ride at MIT because I'm edgy like that. I also have zero game with women even though I look like I was grown in a vat of pulped-down Men's Health magazines."

Really *pretty* movie, though. I would've liked to have seen more of Michael Sheen's character.

Counterpoint: Olivia Wilde is super hot in that movie.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Yeah, omicron is not loving around. I was listening to NPR earlier today and one of the guest epidemiologists they had on earlier suggested that the US could see 200,000 cases a day by the end of January, and one million cases a day isn't inconceivable.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

This calls for the return of the greatest car design in history. The suzuki mighty boy.

That’s a funny way to spell “1998 Subaru Outback.”

This car has AWD, ample cargo space, heated seats, and low profile enough that you could actually see pedestrians. Extremely good poo poo.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Surprise! Build Back Better is probably completely dead now thanks to everyone’s favorite Joe Manchin!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/19/politics/joe-manchin-build-back-better/index.html

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I’m more of a mountain forest guy, you know Pacific Northwest, Wyoming, Montana, or places were Sasquatch would chill if he was real.

:hmmyes:

Friend of mine called my wife and I to let us know he got COVID again. He had J&J initially and got a Moderna booster. He says it’s much less severe this time around than it was when he first got COVID a year ago.

:sigh:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Here's some good poo poo.

https://twitter.com/CMRDFSF/status/1471966590757449728?t=mrbHcsNphkcL_0NIuHcc_Q&s=19

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/1474494340512636930

Take that, children. :smug:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

Merry Christmas! What's everybody's favorite Christmas movie? Mine is Jingle All the Way. I watched it last night followed by the "Two Santas" episode of Futurama, the Frasier episode where Martin gets suckered into joining a church pageant, and then Scrooged -- which pretty much sums up my runners-up

Christmas Vacation.

Shitter’s full.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

“Yeah, I thought it was pretty weird that the Mayor gave everyone in the office a tomahawk and told them to bring it to the ‘team building canoeing trip’ but whatever.”

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Pinboard/status/1476036744780730368

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Remember when he used to post in GIP and challenge the cops that used to post here to fistfights IRL?Pepperidge Farms remembers, as does anyone else who was posting/lurking here in 2011-2012.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

A sudden wildfire, fueled by freakishly high winds and dry conditions, may have taken out 500+ homes in Colorado today.

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1476709567820042257

Crusty Minge, dunno if this is anywhere near you, but are you OK?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

On the lighter side of things

https://twitter.com/spaghetti/status/1476755226526982145

I am dying over here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

That’s what I was getting at with they are major contributors to Seals being a joke. Luttrell and his teammates were ambushed by 8-12 guys and he never fired a shot. Somehow the turned into killing hundreds of haqqani despite no bodies and him having 11 full mags.

If a site that has a big chubby one for SEALs as much as SOFREP publishes an expose as damning as this one then drat you know you’re hosed up.

Of note, Gulab was the Afghan who saved Luttrell, and it seems like Mr. Lone Survivor really has no qualms about loving him over.

quote:

About 10 days after he got off the plane in the U.S., he spoke to a friend in Kunar province. He still hadn’t heard from Luttrell and wanted to fly to Houston to hash things out. Now that he was in the States, he hoped the former SEAL would help him find a job. But his friend advised against it. Not long after Gulab arrived in the U.S., this friend said, someone from Luttrell’s camp asked the State Department and the Department of Homeland Security to send him back to Afghanistan, afraid he would harm the family. (Both the State Department and Department of Homeland Security declined to comment, citing privacy concerns.) The Luttrells wouldn’t directly confirm or deny the claim. When Gulab heard this, he panicked. He says he was afraid the U.S. would send him back to the Taliban. “If I’d known that Marcus was such a dishonorable person,” he says, “I would not have come to America.”

Gulab claims Luttrell promised to link him up with Patrick Robinson, Lutrell’s co-author on “Lone Survivor,” so he could tell his version of how they met, and the Afghan could keep the profits from his own book. Gulab also maintains that Luttrell promised him a 50-50 split on whatever he made from the movie. Later, the villager claims, he asked the interpreter if Luttrell and Universal would draw up a contract. Gulab recalls the translator telling him not to worry about it and saying, “Whatever [Luttrell] says, he will do.” Gulab never received a dime for the book or the movie. Gulab only received a portion of the advance for his own book and Lutrell took one-third of the profits from Gulab’s book, “The Lion of Sabray.”

“I’ll never regret saving Marcus,” he says, “[But] I regret what I did to help the movie. [And] I pray that one day Marcus tells America the truth.”