Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

coronatae posted:

I can't decide if it's with the assistant coach or with one of the girls' parents (horribly, with one of the girls themselves?) but it's gotta be something. His wife is very reluctant to let him kiss her on the cheek when they depart for the plane. Nat keeps giving Travis these looks that suggest to me she knows whatever's going on.

So who do we think the girl in the pit is? The theory I found and posted was derived from extensive study of the brief shots we get of her facial features, compared against pictures of all the actresses. But I think it's a really dumb convoluted choice. I think it's Mari .

nats looking at travis because 'drat hes actually cute i want that in me'

:hmmyes: vvv

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
wasn't misty just wearing an animal skin with eyeholes cut in it?

e: nevermind I see who you mean

It just looks like netting, like fishing or something they find in the cabin

e2: Better pic

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 5, 2021

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Sweater-mask girl is obviously Shauna, though

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Ok, rich girl is the one who's getting all paranoid without her meds and found the body right?

I kinda wonder how that's going to play into the maybe-supernatural stuff, especially with taissa's apparently congenital... psychic sensitivity? mental issues?

also holy poo poo i love misty so much

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 5, 2021

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
lmao i didnt even see *that* part of it

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
well, I think shes explicitly amoral

She obviously cares, and wants to feel useful (hence the, you know, stranding)

She just can't take other people into account

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I thought they mentioned canadian rockies too... But going over canada to get from NJ to Seattle is perfectly fine-- see the concept of great circles.

Actually, nevermind the great circle for NJ to SEA stays over the US

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 7, 2021

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I wonder if the guy got suicided because he knew where those girls are, and theres somebody stopping them from getting rescued!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
The baby one has to be chicken based, cmon

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
the antagonist is mostly the human tendency to socially degrade and tribalise in times of extreme stress

also the inability to safely process trauma

also the blackmailer

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Xiahou Dun posted:

And Misty.

well misty is more amoral than an antagonist. shes explicitly loyal to her teammates

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

D34THROW posted:

My wife thinks Adam is the blackmailer based on the trailer, but I had a fridge thought this morning that it's gonna be Jeff. They would never give away the blackmailer twist in the loving trailer for next week. Adam = Javi is not an angle I had considered, and might add a wrinkle to the Adam-as-the-blackmailer twist. Might not be out of the realm of possibility.

I think the Antler Queen is either gonna be Misty or Shauna. I also don't think that Ben is really into Misty. I think he's scared shitless of her because she already poisoned him once and he's on self-preservation mode. He almost seemed relieved when she announced she was leaving.

misty was revealed to be explicitly *not* the antler queen in the first episode

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
She is actually the perfect friend if you think about; Her friends are ALWAYS the most important

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I can't not stare at that 8head

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
lmao no Jessica is rightly terrified of Misty

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm genuinely surprised. I assumed that the Shauna/Jackie conflict was going to drive the whole wilderness arc.

Lottie's still going in the pit.

Then she survived or someone took her identity?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Xiahou Dun posted:

“It’s just like riding a really gross, hosed-up bike”

also like, would she mean butchering in general, or butchering humans specifically? :thunk:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Travis just died recently, though. They would just put an old pic out?

also where is ben there

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
was it ever explicitly mentioned that the people shown in the present were the only survivors

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
where did they say it was supposed to be in ontario, again?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

Just got done binging this. Largely I think it's... fine? Pretty good? I think? I wasn't sure what I was getting in to except cannibals and Lost and teenage drama, obviously it's a lot more of a psychological horror than that which is good though.

I'm not quite sure where I land on the whole supernatural/natural split though. Bear aside, there's been nothing that couldn't be explained by natural causes, but there's clearly something else going on around it which hasn't been explained yet. Kind of disappointed they went down the cult route though.

I'm also still half thinking the cannibalism part of it is overblown or a complete misdirection. This might be completely wrong by the time season 2 comes out, but I kind of think they either didn't eat each other at all (but something else happened) or they only ate people who had already died (Jackie and Ben/Van succumbing to their injuries). I'm willing to believe they get weird about this, but whole opening chase scene could be misinterpreted (maybe that pit was dug to trap animals, not humans, and the reason she was running was unrelated) than just hunting man.

One other thing is what the gently caress is the timeline of them being in the woods. They've apparently played out a whole season of football/soccer before going to Nationals (what is it with America's obsession with loving nationals anyway) so I guess their earliest they could be doing something is around... late October time? (do they ever actually say when it is?). Ben's leg seems to have healed naturally at this point so we're probably a month or two down the line. Van's face has healed so can we tack on another few weeks? But it's first snow of winter so... yeah it's just a bit inconsistent.

The producers said (wo)man eating is on the way

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
The bear something something fuel line and sparks

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Sheila eat the eggear

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

KIT HAGS posted:

I could have sworn the dripping happened when they were making things for the baby shower and the birds happened during the baby shower .

The dripping water was just that one girl during the making of baby shower presents. The birds happened after Shauna got blood on the spoopy symbol.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Man they are really foreshadowing killing the baby huh

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
why would a chop shop want their lovely minivan

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
No new ep this week :( 😭😭

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

The biggest flag that the baby wasn’t real is how huge it was.

Yeah, but incorrect sizes are very common in media

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Honestly I kinda wish alternate universes were coming in and coach and shauna both managed to cast their consciousness for a bit

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
It sounds like all the people who hate the music just listen to way too much music because i have no idea what 97% of the songs are and i don't notice a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Khanstant posted:

"listen to too much music" lmao 90% of the song choices are stuff normal aged people heard in highschool and poo poo.

Sad but true cover was better than the original but there's not a Metallica song in existence where that's not the case multiple times over.

Yes that is indeed listening to too much music