Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Harrow posted:

Endwalker........ is good

messed up if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Professor Beetus posted:

Thanks for the replies. I will assume that I am going to Midgar to be Clouds best friend and if it's anything less I will be disappointed.

Not really a spoiler imo, but I'll tag it all the same:

the zone 5 dungeon is the first time I felt compelled to use the Trust system

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Zone 5 spoiler: doing this zone as a lalafell is perfect

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I decided that finishing EW was an appropriate cause for updating my forum avatar.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I know that the story was a home run because after months of joking to myself that I would be playing Limp Bizcuit''s "My Way" in my head when the WoL vs Zenos fight happened, I didn't actually do that.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Spoiler for the absolute end I thought I was just going to drop an LB4 on Zenos, but I must admit I really like what I got instead

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

For me, the pro-dialogue choice wasn't admitting to Zenos that you were Gamer Trash, it was asking if everyone was alright after you nearly died.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I got to say that I was really impressed with this cutscene given that they had to make it look good for every possible character model.

(If there is one disadvantage to going in unspoilered it's not knowing when you need to have your finger on the save screenshot button.)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

To broach a more general topic: when making dialogue choices, how many here treat the WoL as a character in their own right instead of an extension of yourself? Because there have been points where I passed over what might have been a funnier or spicier dialogue option simply because I couldn't envision my WoL saying it for whatever reason

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Clarste posted:

Okay, but why are people doing the 89 trial for the first time without using the Trust?

Because Thancred yanked aggro from me in the Varis fight, and I wasn't letting it happen again :colbert:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Harrow posted:

This expansion (overall spoilers) turned me around on Zenos as a character entirely. I was annoyed when they brought him back from the dead because I thought he was fine in Stormblood but should've stayed dead. But then I loved the fakeout about him being the main expansion villain and his actual role in the story was both entertaining and thematically appropriate. And, in the end, he achieved the most important thing of all: he was fun.

The Zenos storyline is why I brought up the question of "do you see the WoL as their own character". Because while I liked Zenos, I could never envision my WoL liking him. I also have a habit of filling in interpersonal dialogue to liven up all the head nods. And pretty much every meeting with Zenos starting with the Menagerie had my WoL getting more and more irrate as she basically had the same reaction that all the Zenos detractors had.

So when I came to that dialogue option, all I could think was "Zenos is right, but there's no way she would admit that to him."

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

TGLT posted:

I felt similarly, but also I felt that the top option wasn't signifying that you liked Zenos in any real way. If you can't be honest with a soon to be dead man at the ends of the universe, when can you be?

Which is a fair enough way to go. And since the choice is there to be made, it's a valid interpretation For me and the narrative that I had built up, having Zenos be the one person that could break down the WoL's zen-like compassion and self-awareness made her feel more a part of the setting - that she is just as capable of having a big dumb idiot moment as the rest of the world.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 14, 2021

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Qwertycoatl posted:

I recommend not doing the level 50 command missions. You just need to do 5 different ones, and that can be the first four and Aurum Vale.

After that, the only reason to use them is for levelling alt DPS jobs, and the level 50 dungeons are bad for that because they give low XP.

If you do ten, then you get the /squat emote.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Credits are rolling, what a ride.

While I'm glad I didn't spoil myself, a part of me wishes I didn't have to pick my jaw up off the ground when this happened so I could grab how will this scene came out even if you're a lalafel.

Fake edit: yes I know I can go back and rewatch these scenes or redo the duty, but I'm a stubborn enough grog to have arbitrary standards like never re-watching a scene with my character.

Fake edit2: thinking about it, one thing that would get me to check out NG+ is if they added alternative endings you could access like in Chrono Trigger.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Harrow posted:

Tank players, please tell me about your favorite tank job (that isn't Gunbreaker). Gunbreaker's my main and I absolutely love it but it's also the only tank I've played past like level 30 so I think it'd be fun to level another just for the hell of it.

I've been a paladin main since I subbed. My favorite aspects have always been being able to just put a boss fight on your back if you need to.

Also I love the subtle change to the unsheathe animation in Endwalker.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Annath posted:

What is Bozja exactly? Is it like a dungeon? Or a special zone?

Bozja is a pair of special zones that have their own side story, as well as it's own leveling system. The reason people recommend it is because once you unlock it, you can bring any job that is level 71+ and it syncs to level 80. Meanwhile doing the activities in the zone that earn you the zone xp (Resistance Mettle) also gets you class xp. As a result it's a really good way for leveling from 71 to 90, particularly for DPS since they don't have the fast dungeon queues that tanks and healers have.

e;fb

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Onean posted:

He's still steady, but his tone is more incredulous than usual, and the pauses are placed exactly where you'd expect them to be if he was reacting to the start of the trip.

I mean, I picked up that he was referencing the rough start, and I'm usually pretty mediocre at picking up stuff like that. Plus I saw more than a few people also catch on, so there's definitely something there.

I took the line as bemusement more than anything. "Oh, look who's puking their guts up again? :smug:"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Xalidur posted:

Level 87 Stuff, Early: I can't decide if this zone is the best thing they've ever put in the game, or a little *too* indulgent. Either way I'm very excited for my Emet fangirl wife to get here so that I can hear her squeal with delight.

As for me, Meteion is extremely cute and I'm extremely confident something terrible is going to happen to her. :<

As soon as Hermes described why he created Metion, by first thought was "OH NO! :catstare:"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

HackensackBackpack posted:

We should also get Smileton housing.

I first read this as "Sheltron housing". I like that idea better.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kaubocks posted:

just let me pay $30 to unlock a permanent fantasia on a glam plate somehow, because i come from other mmos and i have terminal alt brain

drk has just not worked for me any more since i became a soft cat dad. i must be an edgy male xaela or a hardbody femroe to pull it off.

Reposting from Sanguinia's LP

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

This is just a jumble of words I refuse to accept that they are meant to convey anything.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If I’m level 83 and already the msq has gone here… what happens for the rest of the story

<-
Continually making that face.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

EDIT: thought better of this

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I spotted a wild LPer yesterday:

(spoilers added for anyone following it)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Pollyanna posted:

Vampire pirate is kind of a powerful combo, honestly.

Different game, but relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHh1TxryWlw

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

theironjef posted:

Guys I don't think Final Fantasy XIV is the greatest game of all time, who wants to line up to mock and deride me and my stupid willing face?

Me, but for completely unrelated reasons.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Onean posted:

These are the supported dungeons for 6.1.

Weird to make all the 15-50 trust companions Roe or Roe adoptees, but whatevs.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I was thinking: the major rework of CM & Prae does signal that a story-mode Binding Coils isn't as far-fetched as it was before this was announced.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is the lore text associated with Stranger of Paradise's not-Sastasha... big thinking emoji

I'm a bit puzzled why they selected Sastasha as FFXIV's representation in Stranger of Paradise, because it's not iconic in the same way Crystal Tower, Figaro Castle or the Mako Reactor are for their respective games. Should have gone with something like Binding Coils or the Vault or Amarout imo.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I don't know how big an ask this is, but I wish that MNK weapons that were "fists with glowy bits" actually were, well, fists, and not "default position for the fist weapon that you aren't holding"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Badger of Basra posted:

I thought it was really weird how they gave him voiced lines during the fight but did not voice the lines he has in his intro cutscene for that same fight, so instead he just makes groaning noises

I'm pretty sure that his lines were voiced in that intro. :confused:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Warmachine posted:

Counterpoint: I had a can of Raid.

I'm assuming you're talking about the bug primal because I'm a sprout.

He's talking about someone else, based on where you said you were in the game.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Lottery explainer is up!

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lode...paign=na_topics

Here's hoping while the masses are in Ishgard trying to ring out a plot, some backwards ward of the forest will have less competition!

I remember reading that you can only be in one lotto at a time, but I didn't see that in this update.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I honestly can't remember why I picked my patron (Azeyma). I think I assumed it was like a zodiak sign dealie (which on reflection doesn't make sense since you pick your Name Day independently).

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm actually kind of surprised that /bstance and /vpose don't come up more in the cutscenes (you do it at the Nadaam but I don't remember anything else), since you get them through the MSQ.

Heck, I'd move them from 3.2 to having them right from the start and make them the default for starting and finishing duties.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Cleretic posted:

On the upside, now that the Carbuncle/Egis do nothing, the main barrier for egi glamors (that they couldn't change spell effects so any Ifrit replacement would have to use fire and so on) is gone. Maybe they're back on the table?

I know that you are talking about other primals/warring triad/auspices, but my deepest wish is to be able to replace the summons with the wind-up minions

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Do we know what's going to be added with the 6.11 patch (Dragonsong Ultimate/Hildy/Tataru/etc). Or is this just going to be a balancing patch?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The WoL's hype song is Limp Bizcuit's "My Way".

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kitfox88 posted:

who cares about that GALMOUR CHEST DOUBLED

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Leal posted: